Talking-Soccer.com  

Go Back   Talking-Soccer.com > Soccer By Region / State > Region 1 > New York

Notices

New York Discussions about New York soccer.

Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
  #11  
Old 09-01-2016
Unregistered
Guest
 
Posts: n/a
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post
You are correct in comparing the boys and girls ECNL is off the mark. I also think that ENPL will cherry pick current NPL teams so the only difference will be a new patch on the sleeve
I agree as well - NPL is going to lose out on this
Reply With Quote
  #12  
Old 11-23-2016
Unregistered
Guest
 
Posts: n/a
Default

Here's an update on boys ECNL aka ENPL ... strange model they are setting up

http://usclubsoccer.org/2016/11/23/l...pdate-on-enpl/
Reply With Quote
  #13  
Old 11-23-2016
Unregistered
Guest
 
Posts: n/a
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post
Here's an update on boys ECNL aka ENPL ... strange model they are setting up

http://usclubsoccer.org/2016/11/23/l...pdate-on-enpl/
The whole thing is honestly too confusing. I wouldn't want my kid playing in that mess until it is proven.
Reply With Quote
  #14  
Old 11-24-2016
Unregistered
Guest
 
Posts: n/a
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post
The whole thing is honestly too confusing. I wouldn't want my kid playing in that mess until it is proven.
I don't think it's so bad - unlike GDA they're not trying to take over the world right away but work with what they have. I'm curious to see what happens in this area with EDP or NYCSL NPL groups. Much will depend on what clubs join. Without quality it will flop
Reply With Quote
  #15  
Old 11-24-2016
Unregistered
Guest
 
Posts: n/a
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post
I don't think it's so bad - unlike GDA they're not trying to take over the world right away but work with what they have. I'm curious to see what happens in this area with EDP or NYCSL NPL groups. Much will depend on what clubs join. Without quality it will flop
It just seems like a mishmash of conference play vs tournament. It's very schizophrenic

The Connecticut site states that there will be a 12 team NE conference with mostly ECNL members that have boys sides. In CT that's FSA and CFC. FSA boys currently play in EDP while CFC plays in NEP NPL
Reply With Quote
  #16  
Old 11-24-2016
Unregistered
Guest
 
Posts: n/a
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post
I don't think it's so bad - unlike GDA they're not trying to take over the world right away but work with what they have. I'm curious to see what happens in this area with EDP or NYCSL NPL groups. Much will depend on what clubs join. Without quality it will flop
I just don't see what the difference will be with ENPL, boys ECNL and what those same teams are doing this year.

With GDA there are new standards the clubs must adhere to with licensing, more practice, less tournaments, more futsal, etc. I might not agree that GDA was really needed but I can see what they are trying to do and ECNL offers a clear alternative with a proven track record.
Reply With Quote
  #17  
Old 11-24-2016
Unregistered
Guest
 
Posts: n/a
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post
I just don't see what the difference will be with ENPL, boys ECNL and what those same teams are doing this year.

With GDA there are new standards the clubs must adhere to with licensing, more practice, less tournaments, more futsal, etc. I might not agree that GDA was really needed but I can see what they are trying to do and ECNL offers a clear alternative with a proven track record.
ENPL = boys ECNL

But they are essentially creating another NPL league with perhaps better competition and showcases.
Reply With Quote
  #18  
Old 11-24-2016
Unregistered
Guest
 
Posts: n/a
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post
It just seems like a mishmash of conference play vs tournament. It's very schizophrenic

The Connecticut site states that there will be a 12 team NE conference with mostly ECNL members that have boys sides. In CT that's FSA and CFC. FSA boys currently play in EDP while CFC plays in NEP NPL
Totally agree, it's like all the different people involved had different ideas and they tried to make everybody happy and combine a bunch of different things. They must be getting a lot of pushback from clubs and that is why they released this letter. If things were going well they would not release a letter asking clubs to stay the course and take a long term view. I'm guessing a lot of the problems are coming from Virginia clubs, that's why they were the first to be added as a qualifying conference.
Reply With Quote
  #19  
Old 11-24-2016
Unregistered
Guest
 
Posts: n/a
Default

From listening to a few people Ecnl boys will be Stars. FC Boston. CFC. FSA. Albertson. Match Fit. PDA. FC bucks. FC Delco. Maryland Utd. Baltimore Celtic. McLean. If these are the clubs in it will be a quite strong group.
Reply With Quote
  #20  
Old 11-24-2016
Unregistered
Guest
 
Posts: n/a
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post
From listening to a few people Ecnl boys will be Stars. FC Boston. CFC. FSA. Albertson. Match Fit. PDA. FC bucks. FC Delco. Maryland Utd. Baltimore Celtic. McLean. If these are the clubs in it will be a quite strong group.
This doesn't make any sense. How does this relate to the press release that Virginia NPL is a qualifying conference ? Mclean does not even play NPL they play in a Virginia league called CCL.
Reply With Quote
Reply

Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may post new threads
You may post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 07:49 PM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.5
Copyright ©2000 - 2017, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.