Talking-Soccer.com  

Go Back   Talking-Soccer.com > Soccer By Region / State > Region 1 > New York

Notices

New York Discussions about New York soccer.

Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
  #1  
Old 08-23-2016
Unregistered
Guest
 
Posts: n/a
Default Cosmos to move to Brooklyn?

http://www.metrosoccernation.com/sou...lyn-next-year/

Cosmos to move out of Hofstra?
Reply With Quote
  #2  
Old 08-23-2016
Unregistered
Guest
 
Posts: n/a
Default

I guess that means no more Cosmos game for me. If I'm going to go as far as Coney Island I think I'll go to a Man City game instead.
Reply With Quote
  #3  
Old 08-24-2016
Unregistered
Guest
 
Posts: n/a
Default

It's not official yet. Brooklyn MCU would be a far better situation for the Cosmo's men's side as attendance at Hofstra Shuart has been dwindling. Unfortunately, it does impact my ability to attend games with the family (similar to the Islanders move to Barclay's).

Is the Belmont park stadium project dead? It's unbelievable that the state would take this long to make a decision on that parcel of land.

I wonder how this would impact the Cosmos DA teams going forward. It would be unfortunate for Long Island to lose its pro boys DA option so quickly.
Reply With Quote
  #4  
Old 08-24-2016
Unregistered
Guest
 
Posts: n/a
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post
It's not official yet. Brooklyn MCU would be a far better situation for the Cosmo's men's side as attendance at Hofstra Shuart has been dwindling. Unfortunately, it does impact my ability to attend games with the family (similar to the Islanders move to Barclay's).

Is the Belmont park stadium project dead? It's unbelievable that the state would take this long to make a decision on that parcel of land.

I wonder how this would impact the Cosmos DA teams going forward. It would be unfortunate for Long Island to lose its pro boys DA option so quickly.
My understanding is that the Belmont project isn't dead but it's slowed down greatly by state inaction. They should end up in Belmont
Reply With Quote
  #5  
Old 08-24-2016
Unregistered
Guest
 
Posts: n/a
Default

Maybe they should have Larry broker the deal.
Reply With Quote
  #6  
Old 08-24-2016
Unregistered
Guest
 
Posts: n/a
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post
My understanding is that the Belmont project isn't dead but it's slowed down greatly by state inaction. They should end up in Belmont
I hope they stay in Nassau. Brooklyn would be a good temporary option, as it seems there are issues at Hofstra. Why not just move across the street to Mitchell?
Reply With Quote
  #7  
Old 08-24-2016
Unregistered
Guest
 
Posts: n/a
Default

The second NYCFC was announced the chances of the Cosmos building a stadium died. Without the prospects of becoming a MLS franchise there no fiscally responsible path to fund a new stadium.
Reply With Quote
  #8  
Old 08-26-2016
Unregistered
Guest
 
Posts: n/a
Default

http://libn.com/2016/08/09/halop-elm...al-at-belmont/
Reply With Quote
  #9  
Old 09-02-2016
Unregistered
Guest
 
Posts: n/a
Default cosmos to move to brooklyn

Quote:
Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post
The second NYCFC was announced the chances of the Cosmos building a stadium died. Without the prospects of becoming a MLS franchise there no fiscally responsible path to fund a new stadium.
Unfortunately that's the truth. There are some great retired players vested in the Cosmos too. Shep Messing is a historic goalie for the Arrows. If Long Island couldn't get funding for the Islanders hockey team they aren't doing it for the Cosmos. Please don't send another team to Brooklyn!!!
Reply With Quote
  #10  
Old 09-02-2016
Unregistered
Guest
 
Posts: n/a
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post
I hope they stay in Nassau. Brooklyn would be a good temporary option, as it seems there are issues at Hofstra. Why not just move across the street to Mitchell?
Mitchell is a HORRIBLE field! The surface is the worst and the facilities are terrible too. I think they should figure out a way to play at Icahn field on Randall's Island. Lots of soccer history there and would tweak NYCFC by playing right next to Manhattan.
Reply With Quote
Reply

Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may post new threads
You may post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 12:34 PM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.5
Copyright ©2000 - 2017, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.