Talking-Soccer.com  

Go Back   Talking-Soccer.com > Soccer By Region / State > Region 1 > New York

Notices

New York Discussions about New York soccer.

Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
  #11  
Old 01-19-2017
Unregistered
Guest
 
Posts: n/a
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post
Dual nationals are quite common in soccer. Majority of national teams deploy dual nationals. That's not a sign that DAP isn't working. DAP isn't working for reasons other than dual nationals
No said DA isn't working because of dual nationals, but that it's a sign that DA isn't working. Granted JK isn't the world's sharpest tack, but he was frustrated by level of talent here in the US. DA has been around for ten years but he shopped abroad. Maybe it's a European bias, but clearly college coaches feel similarly.
Reply With Quote
  #12  
Old 01-20-2017
Unregistered
Guest
 
Posts: n/a
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post
No said DA isn't working because of dual nationals, but that it's a sign that DA isn't working. Granted JK isn't the world's sharpest tack, but he was frustrated by level of talent here in the US. DA has been around for ten years but he shopped abroad. Maybe it's a European bias, but clearly college coaches feel similarly.
USMNT have always had dual nationals. Before, during and after Klinsmanm. Spain and Germany also have dual nationals.
Reply With Quote
  #13  
Old 01-20-2017
Unregistered
Guest
 
Posts: n/a
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post
USMNT have always had dual nationals. Before, during and after Klinsmanm. Spain and Germany also have dual nationals.
If you read TH's full interview he said there are US players that also lacked enthusiasm, not just dual national players. In fact he said a few were outstanding. TH doesn't understand it because by his accounts he lived and breathed the national team. He certainly did his job getting out there and pitching it often, even supporting the women's team as well. Not sure JK inspired loads of enthusiasm.
Reply With Quote
  #14  
Old 01-20-2017
Unregistered
Guest
 
Posts: n/a
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post
If you read TH's full interview he said there are US players that also lacked enthusiasm, not just dual national players. In fact he said a few were outstanding. TH doesn't understand it because by his accounts he lived and breathed the national team. He certainly did his job getting out there and pitching it often, even supporting the women's team as well. Not sure JK inspired loads of enthusiasm.
I read the full interview and his follow up interview where he qualified his statement to include other players. In fact I posted the original link

I was merely noting that dual nationals aren't specific to American soccer. Germany and Spain has relied on dual national. Klose, Podolski and Costa are all dual nationals.

I prefer Jermaine Jones perspective that's it's not about nationality but rather heart.
Reply With Quote
Reply

Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may post new threads
You may post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 02:45 PM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.5
Copyright ©2000 - 2017, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.