Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Yale Women's Soccer Coach Brendan Faherty?

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Unregistered View Post
    I taught my daughter not to sleep with her coach in hs or college...never ends well.

Fact is, the woman is not pressing charges against him or saying he broke the law. So what is her end game. Just slander the guy a decade later. Sorry, if it was illegal or if he did something to her that she didn't condone, and she asked him to stop and he didn't, then she should have come out earlier. cowardly to do it anonymously to a student run newspaper now.
    You're victim blaming again. It's not a good look for men.

Comment

You're victim blaming again. It's not a good look for men.
      You’re assuming there is a victim. What’s not a good look is people that take away the presumption of innocence.

Comment

It’s a bad look for everyone. There are plenty of women on women issues in the work place and in college athletics Check softball and women’s basketball

Comment

Different poster - you are right everyone doesn't know all the facts. However, the attitude that women are sluts, or why didn't they say something, or are vindictive....it happens ALL THE TIME, including from you. That's why so many remain silent. Believe until proven otherwise with facts, witnesses etc.
          Believe until proven otherwise?
          *** are you talking about?_ seriously think about what you are saying
          And pray tell how exactly do you prove you didn’t do something especially if you are in a consenting adullt relationship
          It’s tricky for sure but to give undue weight to unsubstantiated allegations is a very slippery slope

Comment

What did the slut gain from this? He didn’t break the law. She wasn’t a minor. She isn’t claiming rape. It was a decade ago. Is she going to press charges, or is she just a vindictive slut. Would love for them to question her friends and ex lovers to find out things about her character. All she did was get the guy fired and ruin his career. He won’t get another hc job. Won’t have the chance to defend himself either. You think yale press is going to give him a rebuttal?

Guy made some bad decisions. It was a decade ago and nothing illegal happened. Leave it in the closet

Bad decisions were made that went against school policy. And why would Yale want to be part of that? Also there are 7 players reporting and corroborating the same stories according to the paper. I’m sure Yale lawyers were not having a knee jerk reaction. If these allegations are true, in a way I’m glad they waited 10 years to come out, much more fun to see guys that that fall from high places. Definitely feel bad for the wife and kid but she was a player too sooooooooo she probably had some suspicions of her own. Only time will tell and we got loads of time. Let the trolls have at it!

Comment

You’re assuming there is a victim. What’s not a good look is people that take away the presumption of innocence.
              Statistically the odds are the woman is telling the truth. I'm going with that until shown something else to change my mind,

Comment

Bad decisions were made that went against school policy. And why would Yale want to be part of that? Also there are 7 players reporting and corroborating the same stories according to the paper. I’m sure Yale lawyers were not having a knee jerk reaction. If these allegations are true, in a way I’m glad they waited 10 years to come out, much more fun to see guys that that fall from high places. Definitely feel bad for the wife and kid but she was a player too sooooooooo she probably had some suspicions of her own. Only time will tell and we got loads of time. Let the trolls have at it!
                Allegations may or may not be true and the time lapse makes proving innocence or guilt more problematic. As it will never be a court case to prove it one or the other, his career is now over because of ten year old anonymous allegations. Anyone with daughters should worry about them being taken seriously if they're ever in such a situation. Anyone with boys should worry just as much that they could be falsely accused. Surely there must be a better way to keep the scales of justice balanced?

Comment

Can someone please confirm he slept with a current player or was it after she was done playing?

Thanks

Comment

Statistically the odds are the woman is telling the truth. I'm going with that until shown something else to change my mind,
                    That’s not how it works in this country. If it was, there’d be no need for courts. Just go on past precedent.

Comment

Can someone please confirm he slept with a current player or was it after she was done playing?

Thanks
                      According to the original article, he had a “consensual” sexual relationships that lasted long after the player graduated. “Consensual” due to the power vacuum created by player/coach relationship. Also it was against school policy. I’m sure if this went to court these girls have evidence. The one girl already proved she had pictures, Facebook messages, and phone calls to prove he was breaking policy. Funny how 7 girls and his own apology isn’t enough for some posters to wonder ***.

Comment

According to the original article, he had a “consensual” sexual relationships that lasted long after the player graduated. “Consensual” due to the power vacuum created by player/coach relationship. Also it was against school policy. I’m sure if this went to court these girls have evidence. The one girl already proved she had pictures, Facebook messages, and phone calls to prove he was breaking policy. Funny how 7 girls and his own apology isn’t enough for some posters to wonder ***.
                        Breaking employer policy isn't a crime, so no court case. Sleeping with a consenting adult subordinate also isn't a crime - dumb as phuk but not criminal. It simply would get you canned if it's in your contract. So, did UNH know about it?

I read somewhere the NCAA doesn't have a specific law against it which I think is nuts. I wouldn't rely on schools to create their own policies on such relationships.

Comment

What statistics are those?
                          Please cite the statistics that woman don’t lie

Everyone lies and everyone is vindictive to a certain degree- there are no allegations younger than 15 years ago- so what exactly is the point
                          Other than to get him canned
                          They were both adults , it was consensual, 15 years ago may not have been against a school policy
                          Bad judgement for sure- but she also bears responsibility for feeling used and how the relationship progressed

Comment

To me after player is done. Not smart, but not a fireable offense.

If she was a player...you are done. Crime or not.

Comment

Have you seen all the evidence or are you just speculating?

I have no issue with the college cutting ties, but it is obnoxious that if he was a tenured blue blood professor, he would be untouchable.

I have no issue with the woman pressing charges if something illegal was done.

However, bush league to kiss and tell a decade later for no purpose but to ruin the guys life. You loved him up until he started to move on. Seems like a woman scorned.

Comment

None of them were quoted or named. I’m going to guess that there will be some challenges to the article. I read the apology as well. Could be as simple as he knew she was angry for not playing and he knew she was upset. No way to know for sure unless we were there. Ask yourself how he would have even known which girls were involved in this story. One of them probably tipped him off which means she likely supported him. Was she misquoted? Did they leave out all supporting positions on purpose? I’m amazed that you would believe a shoddy student newspaper article as fact. It could be true, but that’s the problem with anonymous sources. No one needs to stand by what they say. They can lie without fear. If they actually had to stand by it and lied, they’d be sued. No such problem in this case unless the student reporter is sued. Then you’re going to see it get really interesting.

My guess is Yale and the coach will settle quietly.

Comment

Previously entered content was automatically saved. Restore or Discard.
                                Auto-Saved
                                x
                                Insert: Thumbnail Small Medium Large Fullsize Remove  
                                x
                                Working...
                                X