Wilsonville Girls PK's

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

So does another school need as asterisk?

Comment

Looks like a goal. Probably is. Look, lets up the ticket prices to 75$ and we can pitch in for VAR. FWIW, as a coach I emailed our referee assignor asking where was the appropriate method/venue to provide feedback regarding an official. I never got a response.

Comment

If the ball were square...is it completely beyond the line?

Comment

Originally posted by Unregistered View Post
          Link or STFU...

Playoff/Championship games have 4 officials. Center, 2 AR's, and a 4th. On PK's AR's will be right off the posts. Their 1 and only job is to watch to see if the whole ball crosses the line. Unless their is goal line technology, calling BS on any ref complaints....
          Actually, they have two jobs: judge if any "liners" are in the goal or not, and make sure the keeper doesn't come off her line before the ball is kicked. (Not that goalies are ever called for that...)

Not having watched the game--was the disputed PK after a foul in the box, or in the shootout? It's interesting that this document from the FA http://www.thefa.com/~/media/files/t...-the-game.ashx treats the two differently with regard to AR duties.

* On penalties taken during the game, the AR should stand on the goal line at the edge of the 18 yard box, and is watching mainly for keepers coming off the line. (After all, during the run of play the ball is live, and even if it doesn't get clearly in off the initial kick, a ball that is bouncing around the goal area is likely to be put in on the rebound).
          * On kicks from the penalty mark (shootout), the AR stands on the goal line at the edge of the 6 yard box, and is to watch mainly to see if the ball crosses the line. No rebounds are allowed in this situation.

Comment

If the ball were square...is it completely beyond the line?
            Yes, it would.

Comment

After seeing the second video I just want to cry for wilsonville omg. Osaa better be ready for complaints

Comment

After seeing the second video I just want to cry for wilsonville omg. Osaa better be ready for complaints
                If it were my daughters team I’d probably be upset. But why complain? They aren’t going to reverse the call. They’d have to go back and watch the video of every play and that’s never going to happen.

Just move on. Be proud of your season and finish.

Comment

it was a goal

That was a goal, no question goal goal goal.

This is why people complain about refs because they miss these types of goals.

Watch the video. gooooooooooooal

Comment

If it were my daughters team I’d probably be upset. But why complain? They aren’t going to reverse the call. They’d have to go back and watch the video of every play and that’s never going to happen.

In full speed it was just too fast. I watched the full speed video many times. Where the ball winds up, well outside the line, it seems to not be a goal.

The ref missed that one, but there are hits and misses all game long. No point in worrying about it.

Comment

Wilsonville should hang their own banner. Just like Mountainside.

Comment

Link or STFU...

Playoff/Championship games have 4 officials. Center, 2 AR's, and a 4th. On PK's AR's will be right off the posts. Their 1 and only job is to watch to see if the whole ball crosses the line. Unless their is goal line technology, calling BS on any ref complaints....
                        Why don't you STFU before opening your mouth - a/r was dead wrong on this one. Its life, it happens, but OP turned out to be on the money and you full of crap.

Comment

Nothing can be done about it now. It’s one of those things where if you were the losing team or even the girl not given credit for the goal that you can look back knowing you did score and be proud. Others mistakes don’t define you or the fact they likely created a loss you didn’t deserve. My dd goes to different school and we all know you scored so just know that the world knows the truth. That is all

Comment

Why don't you STFU before opening your mouth - a/r was dead wrong on this one. Its life, it happens, but OP turned out to be on the money and you full of crap.
                            #triggered

Glad the video was posted. Now clowns can run around claiming to be "real chumps." I mean, "real champs" which might get cred at the local bar at 4pm on Thursday.

Comment

Dead wrong and I don't know how he missed it from ... what maybe 8 feet away? That was in by a foot.

Comment

OSAA and officials really aren't that interested in getting it right. It's you and your kids life; to them it's a crappy part time job.

How much would goal line technology cost. 3 referees looking at it and not one of them questioned it?

Did they have a pre-match conference about how they'd handle PK's. Did they go over scenarios? What about before the shoot-out. All questions OSAA officiating staff should ask. But they don't. They won't. OSAA is not interested in criticism and has no mechanism to accept responsibility, improve or gets things right. Unless you know their boss....Kate Brown...

Comment

Previously entered content was automatically saved. Restore or Discard.
                                Auto-Saved
                                x
                                Insert: Thumbnail Small Medium Large Fullsize Remove  
                                x
                                Working...
                                X