FC Stars of MA Rovers

U16
      FC Stars of MA

U17
      FC Stars of MA
      South Shore select Juntos

U18
      FC Greater Boston Bolts

Mass teams represented in every division. Go Mass!

Comment

good luck - having a son finish up after 4 years in this league am glad to be done. almost always great competition and refs. was it worth it? nope.

Comment

why wasn't it worth it?

Comment

Originally posted by Anonymous
            why wasn't it worth it?
            All the travelling. Many parents would have perferred to stay in Maple.

Comment

We had more free weekends than in MAPLE. If you try to do both, it must be awful!

Comment

It's Onthree. As a PARENT, I can empathize with the travelling issue. However, for those PLAYERS who seek and thrive upon a competitive level beyond MAPLE's Div. I, I'll bet it is worth it on many levels.

Go Mass!

Comment

Am I correct in observing that it looks like there are about twice as many teams at each age group as in the past? Any idea why?

Comment

Am I correct in observing that it looks like there are about twice as many teams at each age group as in the past? Any idea why?
                    There's 16 teams. They break them into 2 groups of 8, usually loosely based on geography.

Most experienced teams schedule doubleheaders to minimize the travel. So if you travel to New Jersey, you play twice in one trip. If done this way, the travel is really not that big a deal.

Comment

How will they split up the groups? Its North and South but where do they draw the line. For the U14s Girls it looks like Scorps, Stars, Breakers CT, Yankee CT, and who else!!!!!!!!!!!

Comment

How did FC Blazers get 3 teams in Region 1 in their 1st year? If these were Bolts teams, I thought the policy based on other threads is that the club owns their slots and that slots are not transferable. Is it possible a team could only make Maple D in MA but make Region 1 at the same time?

Comment

How will they split up the groups? Its North and South but where do they draw the line. For the U14s Girls it looks like Scorps, Stars, Breakers CT, Yankee CT, and who else!!!!!!!!!!!
                          The line changes based on the teams. But they generally don;t make a team from New England play a team from Virginia. You usually see New England teams grouped with Eastern or Western New York teams, and northern New Jersey teams. Many New England teams seem to play at PDA in New Jersey because they have several fields and it's centrally located.

Hint: Schedule your early games as far south as possible to avoid rescheduling due to snow cover fields!

You won't know who is in your group for several weeks, so relax and enjoy the Holidays!

Comment

Last year for Region 1 league the rule was you needed 51% of the previous roster. For FC Blazers who where Bolts last year, if 51% of the Bolts roster went to Blazers, Blazers would take the spot. I think this is correct. Can anyone confirm.

Comment

Do any of the 3 Blazers teams have a roster comprised primarily of former Bolts players?

Comment

Previously entered content was automatically saved. Restore or Discard.
                              Auto-Saved
                              x
                              Insert: Thumbnail Small Medium Large Fullsize Remove  
                              x
                              Working...
                              X