All State Selections

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Several years ago Merrimack (just one example) went something like 3-13. The coach put 6 players on the all-state ballot. Not really sure, but I think this is common.

Comment

I think they are more likely accurate today with the multiple divisions. When there were two, it was more of a problem since unsuccessful schools would complain too many of the good schools were getting the spots. With multiple divisions, I would think that's more evenly spread out now?

Do they still do Twin State game w/ Vermont? THAT was horrible with agendas and I know that from first hand.

Comment

Does anyone know when the selections are made and when they are announced?

Comment

Originally posted by Unregistered View Post
          Does anyone know when the selections are made and when they are announced?
          By searching for "NH HS All State Soccer" I found a few articles from mid-November last year.

So, I'll go with "mid-November".

Comment

Voting deadline is Nov 8. Tie-breaker meeting is the 13th so mid November sounds right.

Comment

I think they are more likely accurate today with the multiple divisions. When there were two, it was more of a problem since unsuccessful schools would complain too many of the good schools were getting the spots. With multiple divisions, I would think that's more evenly spread out now?

Do they still do Twin State game w/ Vermont? THAT was horrible with agendas and I know that from first hand.
              The twin state games still happen. Last year my son was invited (couldn't go) and it included a 2 or 3 day camp at Castleton. I believe only first team all-state were invited, then they went to 2nd team if some could not make it.

Comment

The twin state games still happen. Last year my son was invited (couldn't go) and it included a 2 or 3 day camp at Castleton. I believe only first team all-state were invited, then they went to 2nd team if some could not make it.
                Aaah, used to be different when there were only 2 divisions. There were tryouts, and invites went to the AS teams. That was a political shlt show the way I understood it.

Comment

Aaah, used to be different when there were only 2 divisions. There were tryouts, and invites went to the AS teams. That was a political shlt show the way I understood it.
                  Prev poster here, maybe you are right, there might be some kind of tryouts, I don't recall now that you mention it. He was all region so maybe he was able to bypass tryouts!
                  Sorry

Comment

Actually its not...

Each coach from every team is sent a nomination form to fill out. So your kids varsity coach nominates players from their schools team. Then that nomination form is complied to include all players nominated (by their schools coach) on a ballot.

That ballot is sent to all varsity coaches in the respective division. The coaches then vote on their ballot for players listed by position from the nominations.

A first team vote is worth more points than a second team vote or honorable mention vote.

Its only political if your coach does not nominate a kid.
                    How many nominations does each coach get? There must be a limit

Comment

How many nominations does each coach get? There must be a limit
                      There is a form they fill out with 6 slots for nominations.

Comment

When the results made public? Thank you.

Comment

When the results made public? Thank you.
                          Voting, for tie-breakers, is Wednesday nights. I would assume papers would start publishing the results on Thur/Fri.

Comment

Are the results posted anywhere?

Comment

Are the results posted anywhere?
                              Usually posted by the concord monitor

Comment

Usually posted by the concord monitor
                                I didn't see them there but my son's coach called him last night to tell him he made first team.

Comment

Previously entered content was automatically saved. Restore or Discard.
                                Auto-Saved
                                x
                                Insert: Thumbnail Small Medium Large Fullsize Remove  
                                x
                                Working...
                                X