Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

What’s going on with Seattle United

kids are being moved around from team to team and hearing some coaches might be leaving

with all the money and soccer talent in their catchment area the fact that seattle united is closer to being irrelevant on the boys and girls side instead of being one of the leading clubs in the nation speaks to how grossly, incompetently mismanaged they are.

Originally posted by Unregistered View Post
    kids are being moved around from team to team and hearing some coaches might be leaving

Comment

Which age group and which coaches(or age group) are you talking about?

Remember it isn't always about making the absolute best team as possible. There are other factors, primarily growth of the club, revenue, keeping current kids, etc.

But yeah SU could make much stronger teams but perhaps that is the goal number 1.

Comment

Honestly folks? My recommendation is to actually go to board meetings and ask these questions rather than slandering clubs on line. Get involved.

I've been on the board of two different clubs. You'd be surprised at how few people actually get involved. It makes a difference.

Comment

Honestly folks? My recommendation is to actually go to board meetings and ask these questions rather than slandering clubs on line. Get involved.

I've been on the board of two different clubs. You'd be surprised at how few people actually get involved. It makes a difference.
          Possibly the best advice given on this forum.

Comment

This would be good advice, except the emotional maturity level of most folks working in soccer is pretty low. Retaliation against your kid can happen. And these forums show that the emotional maturity of parents isn't always that high either.

In terms of Seattle United specifically, not only does leadership not care about feedback, certain folks will downright gaslight a parent who speaks up. There are some good coaches in the ranks, but plenty of issues there too.

Comment

This would be good advice, except the emotional maturity level of most folks working in soccer is pretty low. Retaliation against your kid can happen. And these forums show that the emotional maturity of parents isn't always that high either.

In terms of Seattle United specifically, not only does leadership not care about feedback, certain folks will downright gaslight a parent who speaks up. There are some good coaches in the ranks, but plenty of issues there too.
              Lots of examples of where parents spoke up it was detrimental to their child. It’s funny, SU has the most money, most kids, yet Zero club philosophy, consistency or ability to impact youth soccer beyond their boundaries. Instead of lifting up youth soccer, they want to drive other clubs out. Would understand if they were struggling for numbers, but they aren’t. Early developers get pushed ahead, while late developers get pushed out of the game.

Comment

Hearing issues similar to what happened at Surf...

Comment

Coach-player, or Coach-soccer mom? The latter would be more of a Gunners issue, though.

Comment

What happened at Surf? Can you say?

Comment

Lots of examples of where parents spoke up it was detrimental to their child. It’s funny, SU has the most money, most kids, yet Zero club philosophy, consistency or ability to impact youth soccer beyond their boundaries. Instead of lifting up youth soccer, they want to drive other clubs out. Would understand if they were struggling for numbers, but they aren’t. Early developers get pushed ahead, while late developers get pushed out of the game.
                      This same thing has been going on at a lot of clubs for years not just Seattle United.. I was at PacNW and it going on there.

Comment

Trump

Spoke up about what?

Comment

I'd argue that if you "speak up" about absolute rubbish (i.e. my kid is the best kid on the team and should be played all the time) when it's not true then, yes, you may be lit up. We'd all do ourselves a huge debt of gratitude if we stepped back and looked at the team as a whole, effort at training, effort at games, in addition to raw talent and realistically gauged where our kid "fits" in the pecking order. As a long-time coach, sometimes board member, and parent of three club soccer players, I know how hard that can be but I also know how exceedingly frustrating it can be for the club/coach to have to listen to how good a parent's player is and how dumb we are for not playing them more. At the end of the day this is a game. I'd advise that you ensure your kid is actually having fun above all else. If they're not, they're not going to succeed. If you're planting rubbish in their brain (i.e. telling them they're the best on the team and everyone is nuts for not playing them) they're going to be disappointed and unhappy. If, in contrast, you help them by encouraging them in practice, taking them to pickup sessions with their coach and fellow players, encourage them (DON'T REQUIRE THEM) to go to extra training and actually be involved with their team and fellow players they may (gasp!) actually enjoy training and pushing themselves and become the player you want them to be. Sorry for the long post. ……..

Comment

Coaches come and go a lot-primarily because it is nearly impossible to make a living in this market off of coaching unless you get a director's job with one of the clubs, and even then it is pretty tough. Other clubs always promise certain things to coaches to get them to come over and there frequently is movement.

It would be rare for it to happen at this stage in the season as opposed to in January. Kids should be moved around if it is the best thing for development.

What exactly is the problem with Seattle United moving around kids and coaches leaving if it means more money for them?

Comment

Which coaches left?

Comment

Previously entered content was automatically saved. Restore or Discard.
                              Auto-Saved
                              x
                              Insert: Thumbnail Small Medium Large Fullsize Remove  
                              x
                              Working...
                              X