X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Unregistered View Post
    lol I think you're right!!
    Yes so... Your questions are stupid! Welcome to Oregon! What's your next question?

Comment

I see that this forum is full of smart mouth over opinionated people! I actually thought I would get some help on here but clearly I am mistaken. Reading some of the other threads I do see some users actually trying to share their knowledge and help but right after them come all the know it all, who cares, stay where you are, bitter people that probably have kids that don't excel at sports so they're mad at everyone else. Trolls is a better term for those people that have nothing positive to share.
      This forum isn't the place to get any actual info. It's anonymous and filled with trolling crazy dads, coaches, and probably some other weirdos who just hang here to stir up ****.

This site is good for reading the latest rumors about 11 year olds who "don't deserve to play on THAT team" coaches who are crooked, the make and model of a local DOC's car. You'll see grown men **** talking 12 year old girls, calling them names, etc. It's a cesspool.

The sidelines of certain clubs are fairly similar, so take that into account when you start looking for a club. If I was coming in new I'd go out to as many games as possible for my son's age group and watch the type of soccer being played, the coaching being done, and the families on the sidelines, then if I was still interested in any club I'd talk to the DoC

Comment

This forum isn't the place to get any actual info. It's anonymous and filled with trolling crazy dads, coaches, and probably some other weirdos who just hang here to stir up ****.

This site is good for reading the latest rumors about 11 year olds who "don't deserve to play on THAT team" coaches who are crooked, the make and model of a local DOC's car. You'll see grown men **** talking 12 year old girls, calling them names, etc. It's a cesspool.

The sidelines of certain clubs are fairly similar, so take that into account when you start looking for a club. If I was coming in new I'd go out to as many games as possible for my son's age group and watch the type of soccer being played, the coaching being done, and the families on the sidelines, then if I was still interested in any club I'd talk to the DoC
        I think the car belongs to a soccer mom.

Comment

Yes, this place is cesspool but some of us are trying to provide facts.

Facts are:

the teams, coaches and the leagues will be a downgrade.

Trainings will not be as intense or as often

Too many metro teams and too few elite or truly committed players

The timbers academy is the only thing even comparable And it’s still not on par with so cal , texas (plus it’s going away for younger ages next year)

Move up here and enjoy Portland but know it won’t be like it was at home for your son.

-a parent that did this move 4 Years ago

Comment

Thank you and yes we all know clubs will take anyones money lol. He's actually my youngest my daughter 15 years old plays as well but she isn't as serious about soccer as my son is.

I enjoy every moment with my kids this is what they like to do when my son isn't at soccer practice he's doing practice with his track team he loves competing.
            Where you live will be a huge factor in your decisions unless you don’t care about sitting in traffic. Downtown you have several options like ADF and United pdx, west side like Beaverton and Hillsboro look at either fc Portland or Westside timbers, South suburbs like lake Oswego/west linn/Wilsonville look at OPFC. If he is good timbers academy will find him at any of those clubs. I am not sure which 2010 club is very competitive or has the best coach my kids are slider...

Comment

Where you live will be a huge factor in your decisions unless you don’t care about sitting in traffic. Downtown you have several options like ADF and United pdx, west side like Beaverton and Hillsboro look at either fc Portland or Westside timbers, South suburbs like lake Oswego/west linn/Wilsonville look at OPFC. If he is good timbers academy will find him at any of those clubs. I am not sure which 2010 club is very competitive or has the best coach my kids are slider...
              Bud you for got Timber's in Washington .

Comment

Bud you for got Timber's in Washington .
                True, if you are stuck living in Washington there's a mud bog in the outskirts of Vancouver.

Comment

True, if you are stuck living in Washington there's a mud bog in the outskirts of Vancouver.
                  Washington’s economy, taxation system, schools, and resources for children consistently outrank, not by a little, Oregon’s in national surveys and review. All some Oregonians can do is bad mouth repugnant, bully type generalizations and sentiments. There are positives to both locations. Grow up and get informed.

Comment

Washington’s economy, taxation system, schools, and resources for children consistently outrank, not by a little, Oregon’s in national surveys and review. All some Oregonians can do is bad mouth repugnant, bully type generalizations and sentiments. There are positives to both locations. Grow up and get informed.
                    And you have Seattle to thank for that.

Comment

Yes, this place is cesspool but some of us are trying to provide facts.

Facts are:

the teams, coaches and the leagues will be a downgrade.

Trainings will not be as intense or as often

Too many metro teams and too few elite or truly committed players

The timbers academy is the only thing even comparable And it’s still not on par with so cal , texas (plus it’s going away for younger ages next year)

Move up here and enjoy Portland but know it won’t be like it was at home for your son.

-a parent that did this move 4 Years ago
                      Thank you! I love the Pacific Northwest it is amazing I know it won’t be the same as back home I’m just trying to take my son in the right direction once I’m up there I appreciate your input.

Comment

Thank you! I love the Pacific Northwest it is amazing I know it won’t be the same as back home I’m just trying to take my son in the right direction once I’m up there I appreciate your input.
                        Best 2010 group in the area right now are at washington timbers, next i would say are the saints team. Not that I want to advocate for other clubs, but if you are looking for an honest evaluation of talent.... My son plays for United PDX because that happens to be the most convenient club for our location and schedule and we do like it (for the most part), but those two teams have consistently beat us outdoor and futsal for the last 2 years.

Comment

Even though these “what’s the best club?” posts are fake, the above is still a good reminder.

Comment

Best 2010 group in the area right now are at washington timbers, next i would say are the saints team. Not that I want to advocate for other clubs, but if you are looking for an honest evaluation of talent.... My son plays for United PDX because that happens to be the most convenient club for our location and schedule and we do like it (for the most part), but those two teams have consistently beat us outdoor and futsal for the last 2 years.
                            I hope whoever wrote this is a troll... otherwise, discussing which U10 team is the best... dear God.

Comment

Liberalism is a mental disorder.

Comment

Spot on.

Comment

Previously entered content was automatically saved. Restore or Discard.
                                Auto-Saved
                                x
                                Insert: Thumbnail Small Medium Large Fullsize Remove  
                                x
                                Working...
                                X