•  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Guest View Post
    Better question... who should definitely not be coaching youth soccer

Well ?
    Send all the Brits back to ruin youth players in their own country. They think they are God’s gift to the sport even though their country hasn’t won anything in forever

Comment

Originally posted by Unregistered View Post
      1) Porter Lombard (Eastside FC)
      2) Maria Arrant (PAC DOC)
      3) Lyndsey Patterson (PAC)
      4) Jillian Nicks (formerly DOS, but no longer coaching)
      5) None others come to mind
      Malia Arrant was one of the worst coaches our daughter ever encountered. Lyndsey, not much better.

Comment

Bernie James
        Billy Wiskel
        Billy Wiskel Jr
        Micheal Teiman
        Mark Metzger
        All from XF, when you know, you know.

Comment

Bernie James
          Billy Wiskel
          Billy Wiskel Jr
          Micheal Teiman
          Mark Metzger
          All from XF, when you know, you know.
          My god, unless this is sarcasm tell me you know nothing about soccer without telling me you know nothing about soccer. Even if you wanted to just keep it XF, you could have done so much better than this list

Comment

My god, unless this is sarcasm tell me you know nothing about soccer without telling me you know nothing about soccer. Even if you wanted to just keep it XF, you could have done so much better than this list
            I think it is telling that whoever posted this would rather bash THEMSELVES than to see something like this (see below) near the top of the threads on the Washington talking soccer list... Based on the speed with which it's parent thread gets pushed down but more recent comments I would have to think that this is really getting under somebody's skin.

US Senate Finder:
            https://www.senate.gov/senators/senators-contact.htm

US House Rep Finder:
            https://www.house.gov/representative...representative

Contact info for Washington State Secretary of State
            The SoS is responsible for registering Nonprofits in the State of Washington:
            https://www.sos.wa.gov/corporations-...ies/nonprofits

How to contact your Washington State Legislators:
            https://leg.wa.gov/LIC/pages/hotline...%20to%20send,6 388).

Sample Letter:

[Your Name]
            [Your Street Address]
            [City, State Zip]

[Today's Date]

The honorable [Recipient]
            [Recipients Address]
            [City, State Zip]

To the Honorable [Recipient],

I am concerned about equity, access, and participation in youth sports. The problem of pay-to-play is out of control and the net impact is that access to participation in youth sports is declining and becoming more expensive for all demographics.

The problem has been eloquently summarized in the following articles opinion pieces and research papers:
            One thing which is contributing to the trend the most is the creation of "Closed (Elite) Sanction-Leagues". Creation of these leagues create market forces (an unfair monopoly) which drive players to clubs which have access to these leagues, and away from clubs which have lower costs and better access and participation rates. One sport that suffers LESS from this problem is Basketball. In basketball anyone can create a team and enter that team in the AAU.

Participation in these closed leagues should represent a behavior which may be acceptable to a youth sports club which is running like a business, but perhaps not to one which is registered as a charity. As the charitable mission of Youth Sport Clubs should generally include equity of access and a goal of maximizing participation for all levels of players.

Please consider executive action or legislation which can limit the ability of youth sports clubs to participate in Closed Sanction-Leagues and simultaneously maintain their 501.3c status. This is a public health issue.

Sincerely,

[Signature]
            [Your Name]

Comment

I think it is telling that whoever posted this would rather bash THEMSELVES than to see something like this (see below) near the top of the threads on the Washington talking soccer list... Based on the speed with which it's parent thread gets pushed down but more recent comments I would have to think that this is really getting under somebody's skin.

I think the form letter here and cause behind it is great. But bashing people ad hominem for posting in other threads isn't exactly going to endear you to anyone. What do the two have to do with one another? Are you suggesting the people on this board are too dumb to walk and chew bubblegum at the same time?

Comment

1. Eugene Poublon (PAC) great trainer great evaluator, he develops every player on his team individually at team practice,<-- I have not seen any other coach really do that. And he does it well. He holds his players to an appropriate standard. And seems to be the only PAC coach that coaches with the idea that soccer is a game and we should intend to win matches.

2. Nick Radosavljevic (wpfc) Cares about the development of his players and holds them to an appropriate standard individually. Well connect as well, dad is Preki.

3. Derek Robson (Eastside) from my experience he goes the extra mile to ensure all players around him (to include players not rostered with him) get time to play and enjoy the game. Also hold his kids to play at an appropriate level.

4. Kate Norton (just left youth coaching at pac to go to riegn), this coach properly and fairly evaluates. And encourages all players to work in off time and shows recognition when that work is paying off or lacking.

5. E.J. (now at Crossfire) great individual trainer and brings a heap of individual training opportunity for a good price to product. He doesnt seem to show favor to those players in his training and he balances playing to win with playing time for individual players.

Probably a few more but these are the standout I have experienced for sure!

Comment

1. Eugene Poublon (PAC) great trainer great evaluator, he develops every player on his team individually at team practice,<-- I have not seen any other coach really do that. And he does it well. He holds his players to an appropriate standard. And seems to be the only PAC coach that coaches with the idea that soccer is a game and we should intend to win matches.

2. Nick Radosavljevic (wpfc) Cares about the development of his players and holds them to an appropriate standard individually. Well connect as well, dad is Preki.

3. Derek Robson (Eastside) from my experience he goes the extra mile to ensure all players around him (to include players not rostered with him) get time to play and enjoy the game. Also hold his kids to play at an appropriate level.

4. Kate Norton (just left youth coaching at pac to go to riegn), this coach properly and fairly evaluates. And encourages all players to work in off time and shows recognition when that work is paying off or lacking.

5. E.J. (now at Crossfire) great individual trainer and brings a heap of individual training opportunity for a good price to product. He doesnt seem to show favor to those players in his training and he balances playing to win with playing time for individual players.

Probably a few more but these are the standout I have experienced for sure!
                  You’ve “experienced “ all these coaches across four different clubs. Yeah okay

Comment

You’ve “experienced “ all these coaches across four different clubs. Yeah okay
                    Do you or anyone else disagree? and yes my children have some experience with all of these coaches.

Comment

Do you or anyone else disagree? and yes my children have some experience with all of these coaches.
                      Who cares who Nocks dad is. Well connected huh? Did you get Sounders tickets or your kid is now playing for the Sounders? Define well connected. If all your kids have had experience with these coaches all at different clubs sounds like you bounce around a lot

Comment

What makes a good coach?

Comment

Who cares who Nocks dad is. Well connected huh? Did you get Sounders tickets or your kid is now playing for the Sounders? Define well connected. If all your kids have had experience with these coaches all at different clubs sounds like you bounce around a lot
                          Maybe, or maybe my kids train with a lot of these coaches. Maybe I have a lot of kids, or maybe all of these coaches are all my kids... So dumb just make your list and move on. Your kids best coach probably uncle ted and they play for the third team at granite falls rec, Uncle Ted is a beast I heard #development #stayloyal.

Well connected as in he knows coaches at higher levels. It will not benefit your kid unless it does. Definetly doesnt hurt.

Comment

In my experience, so it could be just bad luck, none of the big clubs seems to have great coaches. All the good coaches I met are from the smaller clubs, like Athletico, MRFC, Celtic. The big clubs win because they are the big clubs, the first ones in.

Comment

In my experience, so it could be just bad luck, none of the big clubs seems to have great coaches. All the good coaches I met are from the smaller clubs, like Athletico, MRFC, Celtic. The big clubs win because they are the big clubs, the first ones in.
                              who are your 5 favorite from those clubs?

Comment

What makes a good coach?
                                Bump.

Comment

Previously entered content was automatically saved. Restore or Discard.
                                Auto-Saved
                                x
                                Insert: Thumbnail Small Medium Large Fullsize Remove  
                                x
                                Working...
                                X