Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

19-20 DA Girls Season

So today the DA teams for SUSC kick off their season... any predictions? It’s a popular topic...
    Also - how many U17 players will be playing both DA and HS this year? I set the line on 3.

Originally posted by Da Selfie King View Post
    So today the DA teams for SUSC kick off their season... any predictions? It’s a popular topic...
    Also - how many U17 players will be playing both DA and HS this year? I set the line on 3.
    😴 zzzzzzzzzzzzzz

Comment

Originally posted by Da Selfie King View Post
      Why do you care if they play up at times?

Comment

Not a good start...

Comment

1-4-1 combined record on the opening weekend and only 4 goals scored and 16 goals against... that's not very strong for an opening weekend. I thought year 2 was going to get better. Yes its early, but that's not a good was to get going.

Comment

Originally posted by Unregistered View Post
            1-4-1 combined record on the opening weekend and only 4 goals scored and 16 goals against... that's not very strong for an opening weekend. I thought year 2 was going to get better. Yes its early, but that's not a good was to get going.
            STA is a new GDA club and they did very well. Just wait until next weekend against NEFC.

Comment

04s only going down to NJ with 10 players and having to pull players up from the 05s. Doesn’t bode well

Comment

Also wonder if the U13s enjoyed their drive to NJ for one pre-academy game (L).

Comment

Also wonder if the U13s enjoyed their drive to NJ for one pre-academy game (L).
                  These leagues are for families willing and able to devote a lot if time energy and money to traveling around the Northeast. That is who they are clearly designed for.

Comment

04s only going down to NJ with 10 players and having to pull players up from the 05s. Doesn’t bode well
                    That will happen if kids skip the fall for HS.

Comment

That's why the DA won't work for girls here and has not worked for boys for the last 12 years - there are not the numbers in this area to support the talent needed to compete at the DA level.

Comment

Agreed the Stars recognized DA wasn't a great option and they got out of it. Seacoast has a smaller group to pull from and I think most girls want to play for their HS soccer team.

Comment

Agreed the Stars recognized DA wasn't a great option and they got out of it. Seacoast has a smaller group to pull from and I think most girls want to play for their HS soccer team.
                          Somewhat true. Stars pulled out of DA for financial reasons due to their being on the board with ECNL. They also weren't fond of the monitoring/oversight/paperwork involved.

Funny, talking to some friends who play for Stars ECNL and they actually find playing for HS nothing more than a distraction. They like the club, like the coaching and have no desire to leave, but taking 3 months off for HS frankly stinks for them. I don't think that is a majority-opinion (have no way of knowing), but was surprised to here it from a few different people.

Seacoast will never compete with Stars on a personnel level and they never claim to.

Comment

Somewhat true. Stars pulled out of DA for financial reasons due to their being on the board with ECNL. They also weren't fond of the monitoring/oversight/paperwork involved.

Funny, talking to some friends who play for Stars ECNL and they actually find playing for HS nothing more than a distraction. They like the club, like the coaching and have no desire to leave, but taking 3 months off for HS frankly stinks for them. I don't think that is a majority-opinion (have no way of knowing), but was surprised to here it from a few different people.

Seacoast will never compete with Stars on a personnel level and they never claim to.
                            If HS was just a distraction more kids would give it up and do GDA. They're not, and they certainly won't if they don't think GDA is worth it (poor quality matches, travel, cost). While there some politics with the ECNL clubs that left DA, they also did it because their customers wanted it. As a result GDA lost many good quality clubs and picked up much weaker ones.

Comment

If HS was just a distraction more kids would give it up and do GDA. They're not, and they certainly won't if they don't think GDA is worth it (poor quality matches, travel, cost). While there some politics with the ECNL clubs that left DA, they also did it because their customers wanted it. As a result GDA lost many good quality clubs and picked up much weaker ones.
                              95% of the high school girls would not make a GDA team

Comment

Previously entered content was automatically saved. Restore or Discard.
                              Auto-Saved
                              x
                              Insert: Thumbnail Small Medium Large Fullsize Remove  
                              x
                              Working...
                              X