Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Unregistered View Post
    none of those guys will leave what they have for that dump. zero upside for any of them, unless AH has some aspirations and will use CCSU as a stepping stone.
    Really genius? Leave what they have? Dave Kelly is already there.

Coxon and Dave Clarke are strictly women’s coaches, shouldn’t even be in the conversation.

Alex and Joe make some sense. Why wouldn’t they leave a D3 State school in Danbury for a D1 State program?

Comment

Really genius? Leave what they have? Dave Kelly is already there.

Coxon and Dave Clarke are strictly women’s coaches, shouldn’t even be in the conversation.

Alex and Joe make some sense. Why wouldn’t they leave a D3 State school in Danbury for a D1 State program?
      Not the OP, But

Kelly shouldn't be in the conversation, you're crazy to think they won't clean house over there. He has no chance, genius.

Agree on Coxon and Clarke, strictly women's coaches.

Disagree on Alex and Joe, they are both somewhat successful where they are, not to mentioned Joe has been there the entirety of his career. Granted, there is no place to go but up at CCSU, but it's CCSU, they're not going to attract the players to compete.

I'm guessing it will be someone from out of state who has no idea what they're getting into when it comes to the CT soccer picture.

Comment

Not the OP, But

Kelly shouldn't be in the conversation, you're crazy to think they won't clean house over there. He has no chance, genius.

Disagree on Alex and Joe, they are both somewhat successful where they are, not to mentioned Joe has been there the entirety of his career. Granted, there is no place to go but up at CCSU, but it's CCSU, they're not going to attract the players to compete.

I'm guessing it will be someone from out of state who has no idea what they're getting into when it comes to the CT soccer picture.
        Agree completely about Kelly, they will clean house, I was simply commenting that he was already at “the dump” that the poster said he wouldn’t go to.

Wouldn’t the job pay much better than WCSU? I imagine it would but I’m not sure. Plus it is an obvious step up career wise if not only as a stepping stone.

Comment

Agree completely about Kelly, they will clean house, I was simply commenting that he was already at “the dump” that the poster said he wouldn’t go to.

Wouldn’t the job pay much better than WCSU? I imagine it would but I’m not sure. Plus it is an obvious step up career wise if not only as a stepping stone.
          im the OP, just didn't see Dave K up at the top of the list. can't imagine it would pay that much better, still a state job union job in a state that's strapped across the board. Definitely a step up/stepping stone, but is that really the place where you want to take the next step?

Comment

im the OP, just didn't see Dave K up at the top of the list. can't imagine it would pay that much better, still a state job union job in a state that's strapped across the board. Definitely a step up/stepping stone, but is that really the place where you want to take the next step?
            Sometimes you have to look at it opportunistically. Agreed, shîtty location but... It’s a D1 job with absolutely no where to go but up. You’d be playing with house money. Not to mention it’s local and they wouldn’t need to move their families, etc. I imagine the money is better but not sure how much better. Facilities better?

Comment

Most D3 coaches have to have other jobs besides coaching at the school such as a job at the school or in the private sector to make ends meet. People aren't getting rich coaching at D3 state schools.

Comment

Most D3 coaches have to have other jobs besides coaching at the school such as a job at the school or in the private sector to make ends meet. People aren't getting rich coaching at D3 state schools.
                The jobs pay about the same. Same state school system. Only UConn pays more. The rest are the same for the same position.

Comment

http://www.ccsubluedevils.com/sports...20200113fcsxrw

Comment

wow...didn't see that coming

Comment

Not the OP, But

Guess you were wrong

Comment

You too

Comment

You too
                          it's an interim position.

Comment

Great guy. Great hire. He will do well. Just need someone to beat down the bushes to recruit

Comment

Great guy. Great hire. He will do well. Just need someone to beat down the bushes to recruit
                              Its an impressive campus and academic setting and out of staters are getting a bargain rate to attend such a fine academic institution .... Not to mention lovely surrounding neighborhood in hard-hittin' New Britain!! Did they recently lose scholarships along with several other CCSU teams? Good luck with that!

Comment

good coach, good guy. Has integrity

Comment

Previously entered content was automatically saved. Restore or Discard.
                                Auto-Saved
                                x
                                Insert: Thumbnail Small Medium Large Fullsize Remove  
                                x
                                Working...
                                X