Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Unregistered View Post
    It's not like the GDA has very many good players. Some? Yes. Many? No.
    Nobody ever said they did.

Comment

Thorns allow players that want to play high school to be designated as training players, practices only. Then after the high school season they can be activated as full time Thorns players. If your kid is a strong player, they will likely get playing time, good exposure and connections playing in the DA league. I am not saying you cannot get these things playing in other leagues, but you definitely do in my experience seeing our kid play in the DA league, again if your kid is at least fairly good. If they are so-so or not as good, it probably depends on the actual team (year) and coach of that Thorns team whether your kid will get playing time and development upon returning. If you determine the answer is “no”, then USYS teams and ECNL teams schedules compliment high school just fine.
      LOL, you put way to much time and effort into this toilet paper.......

Comment

Gda isn’t reversing the no high school rule but players can always quit the gda. Why would they though unless they go to Jesuit? No one is beating Jesuit, even with Thorns defectors and they run the risk of looking no better individually than regular oysa players.
        No way around the no high school rule without quitting unless you have a private school waiver and there is a deadline for that. Otherwise, there is no playing hs and then coming back to GDA. Too many other states have tried and created too much of a storm of complaints from GDA clubs that follow the rules. However, girls that were set on hs ball don’t go Thorns in the first place.

Comment

This is why GDA is withering away in WA, CA, TX, FL, NY

Girls like to play high school. Even the elite of the elite.

Comment

No way around the no high school rule without quitting unless you have a private school waiver and there is a deadline for that. Otherwise, there is no playing hs and then coming back to GDA. Too many other states have tried and created too much of a storm of complaints from GDA clubs that follow the rules. However, girls that were set on hs ball don’t go Thorns in the first place.
            False. You can be a PT player and still play high school. Same on boys side.

Comment

HS soccer is time to be a legend and hero in your school. The smaller the school, the better. Letterman jackets and pick-up trucks. Make it to the play offs get your whole school there.

We shut the whole school down and lost to Caitlin Gabel back in the day like everyone else for about 15 years straight.

High School is where it's at. The pinnacle, the goal, the object.

Kick ball. Whomever said that is uninformed.

It's good soccer that actually counts for something.

Comment

Everyone that isn't elite, 99.9% that has to pay for crazy year round club travel (average local clubs) hates having to do this more than giving up HS. Jus saying.

Lifting the cover on the charade, 1 paycheck at a time.

Comment

False. You can be a PT player and still play high school. Same on boys side.
                  The Part Time position does exist on paper and does allow hs (and regular club) participation BUT the GDA rules spell out that the PT position is ONLY to be used for bubble or not quite up to snuff players, there is a limit on number of games a PT can play, can’t go back and forth between PT & FT, etc. A player also cannot have been a FT starter for Thorns Academy for several years and then be dropped down to PT so they can play hs ball. Like I said, every angle has been tried and created too much blow back. Too many angry players, parents & coaches from the same and other GDA teams always rise up and blow the whistle or demand the same rule breaking treatment for their own player/s.

Comment

They need to rethink the GDA program if they want to get better.

Comment

HS soccer is time to be a legend and hero in your school. The smaller the school, the better. Letterman jackets and pick-up trucks. Make it to the play offs get your whole school there.

We shut the whole school down and lost to Caitlin Gabel back in the day like everyone else for about 15 years straight.

High School is where it's at. The pinnacle, the goal, the object.

Kick ball. Whomever said that is uninformed.

It's good soccer that actually counts for something.
                      I guess we should feel sorry for you because you have your daughter enrolled at a high academic niche school with one or two real soccer players and a bunch of other “soccer players”. I get it. You put a priority on the academics and unfortunately you knew she wouldn’t be good enough for Jesuit or CG so she ended up where she did and you got to listen to her complain about how much her team stinks compared to her FC Portland group. Just realize your crappy experience is far from everyone else’s. Life is full of choices.

Comment

100% false. It’s growing in those areas and high school soccer isn’t wanted or desired in places like Texas and California. The difference is, many of these DA girls are good enough to play on a national level and in high level tourneys. Oregon girls aren’t good enjoyed so they think high school is the pinnacle

Kids playing on a high school team means they weren’t good enough to make a proper club team

Comment

GDA I probably won’t be around long. Tryouts weren’t good in Oregon this year.

I don’t know why, but girls love high school soccer.

Comment

GDA I probably won’t be around long. Tryouts weren’t good in Oregon this year.

I don’t know why, but girls love high school soccer.
                            It's the highest level of play for the Oregon minions.

Of course they love it (HS) vs the challenge of competing against National level DA players, which is a documented bridge too far.

Comment

The GDA in Oregon is not very good. Some of the younger teams are really hard to watch.

Comment

I guess we should feel sorry for you because you have your daughter enrolled at a high academic niche school with one or two real soccer players and a bunch of other “soccer players”. I get it. You put a priority on the academics and unfortunately you knew she wouldn’t be good enough for Jesuit or CG so she ended up where she did and you got to listen to her complain about how much her team stinks compared to her FC Portland group. Just realize your crappy experience is far from everyone else’s. Life is full of choices.

Butthurt alert.

Just so you know, you're not important or significant. Soccer is just a game. I'm aware that there is this fraud Oregon soccer culture - that thinks they have some significant higher calling beyond providing kids and family a recreational activity. It's a game. It's all recreation. It's all for fun.

If you're like that 1 or 2 player generation player, sure, trade your childhood to win for the National Team. Maybe you don't end up like Michael Jackson in the end. But sadly so many trade it and end up with nothing because they are duped by hucksters.

My DS and DD play for their public school teams and "local club" and we never considered or were interested in anything else. This notion is lost on all but the few and most ignorant.

I played high school football and basketball and had a good time doing it. Does it make sense to you, that so many kids play with no further aspiration dreams, desire, much less talent to play at a higher level. Thousands of kids that play HS football, track, wrestle, etc? It's a game, it's part of the HS experience. Drama, zero desire to be an actor. Student body, no desire to go into politics.

I'm pretty lucky in my house, we all like soccer and have a lot fun kick'n it. My son's team won Founders Cup once! And I welcome orange slices too.

Look, if you've been lied too, or are hocking lies, get out now. It's not too late.

Comment

Previously entered content was automatically saved. Restore or Discard.
                                Auto-Saved
                                x
                                Insert: Thumbnail Small Medium Large Fullsize Remove  
                                x
                                Working...
                                X