X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Unregistered View Post
    How do you know who was suspended?
    There might be a list, but I have no interest, its a sad situation, self-made might I add. The families that listened to Paul are now screwed, enjoy!

Comment

There might be a list, but I have no interest, its a sad situation, self-made might I add. The families that listened to Paul are now screwed, enjoy!
      Yes and no. I believe the suspensions are short term (less than 3 games) and the affect is on the team. They look to be struggling for numbers, one age group did forfeit and another has a whole roster worth of PT players to cover.

I think that explains why it's taking them forever to get their schedule together. Almost every other club is set for the year, and they appear to be going it week-to-week.

By the time HS is over, those players (again, I believe) will be welcomed back and won't see any longer term punishment.

The club, on the other hand, is likely tossed next year. Up to each family to decide if that's a good or bad thing.

Comment

Yes and no. I believe the suspensions are short term (less than 3 games) and the affect is on the team. They look to be struggling for numbers, one age group did forfeit and another has a whole roster worth of PT players to cover.

I think that explains why it's taking them forever to get their schedule together. Almost every other club is set for the year, and they appear to be going it week-to-week.

By the time HS is over, those players (again, I believe) will be welcomed back and won't see any longer term punishment.

The club, on the other hand, is likely tossed next year. Up to each family to decide if that's a good or bad thing.
        The minimum suspension was 6 games. Some more depending on number of HS games played.

Comment

The minimum suspension was 6 games. Some more depending on number of HS games played.
          OK, I was ill-informed then. Thank you for clarifying and toss my other post in the rubbish...

Comment

OK, I was ill-informed then. Thank you for clarifying and toss my other post in the rubbish...
            Is it one for one? One suspension for each HS game played?

Comment

is there a written resource that explains the academy policy and consequences?

Comment

Is it one for one? One suspension for each HS game played?
                Could be? But, my guess at 3 games was based on knowledge from a team outside of NY, and the player was bagged.

In retrospect, I know she played 3 GDA games and likely many more HS games (at the time, I believe their season was 8-9 games in). I heard she was suspended for 3 games.

So, that being said....I have no clue....

Comment

is there a written resource that explains the academy policy and consequences?
                  Yes to the first question; no to the second

http://www.ussoccerda.com/doclib/201...EGULATIONS.pdf

Pages 10 & 11 describe the policy, not the consequences.

Comment

TY. interesting to glance at that .This jumped out at me from the section about what they look at to see the clubs they want in the GDA.

(1) Player pool and market;
                    (2) Player development effectiveness (YNT, NT, and pro player production);
                    (3) Staff leadership, structure, and qualifications;
                    (4) Talent Development Philosophy;
                    (5) Training environment and personal development;
                    (6) Facilities and infrastructure;
                    (7) Staff and player respect; and
                    (8) Resources, fees, scholarship, and financial assistance.

Player pool and market at the top, Player respect and financial assistance at the bottom.

This is strictly business. Youth sports are but this lays it out pretty clearly in black and white. It explains exactly why they were happy to grab albertson from the ecnl and shove them into the gda as a THIRD gda club in wealthy Nassau county.

As far as the HS debacle. A mess. US soccer is one hundred percent intending to run the supposed top league in the country as strictly business. nothing anyone can do about it but it a corrupt, destructive and disrespectful affront to youth soccer. (ecnl deserves the same criticism but at least they are not the federation)

Comment

If the federation serves Nassau county up a pile of soccer crap - why are they so shocked they don't get so much respect in return. You reap what you sow.

Comment

If the federation serves Nassau county up a pile of soccer crap - why are they so shocked they don't get so much respect in return. You reap what you sow.

Chicken or the egg....

Already a pile of crap to begin with.

Comment

Chicken or the egg....

Already a pile of crap to begin with.
                          Two names say all there is about GDA: Alby and Fury. LI should never have had more than one club. USSF was out for market share, not making sure they got the best talent just the most. On top of that neither should have ever gotten the badge to begin with. Poorly run clubs (well, shysters might even be a better term) with no track record of good player development. They had no business being in what is supposed to be the best league in the country. I'm not saying LISC is perfect - they're definitely not either - but the other two were/have been a joke.

Comment

Two names say all there is about GDA: Alby and Fury. LI should never have had more than one club. USSF was out for market share, not making sure they got the best talent just the most. On top of that neither should have ever gotten the badge to begin with. Poorly run clubs (well, shysters might even be a better term) with no track record of good player development. They had no business being in what is supposed to be the best league in the country. I'm not saying LISC is perfect - they're definitely not either - but the other two were/have been a joke.
                            We'll see this coming year, but last year both the Furries gave us a better game than LISC. That team was brutal.

I'm not an expert on the market on LI, but it certainly seems 3 teams is way too much and to have LISC in a totally different division is whacked.

Comment

Long island players got treated to a buffet of garbage. Thanks so much.

Comment

Long island players got treated to a buffet of garbage. Thanks so much.
                                But parents paid and got in line for the buffet table. All of this was predicted - the mess that is GDA, the mess that is NE GDA, the importance of HS....all of it. Some listened and stayed out waiting to see what happened., clubs and families.

Comment

Previously entered content was automatically saved. Restore or Discard.
                                Auto-Saved
                                x
                                Insert: Thumbnail Small Medium Large Fullsize Remove  
                                x
                                Working...
                                X