Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Yale Women's Soccer Coach Brendan Faherty?

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Please someone tell me who front runner is for job and what happens to 2021 class for recruiting.

Comment

Originally posted by Unregistered View Post
      there have been a few female BBALL coaches who were fired for physical and verbal abuse. The gender helps for appearances but is no guarantee of anything - even sexual abuse can happen with a female coach. There also aren't that many out there to hire and the 2 coaches in 2 years will make many leery to take the job.
      Shut up! No one will be leery to take an Ivy League position. They will have hundreds of applicants.

Comment

https://www.thedrakegroup.org/wp-con...ult-final1.pdf

"The Drake Group, an organization of faculty and staff who seek to defend academic integrity in college sports is now 'in residence' at the University of New Haven. The Drake Group was founded in 1999 when a distinguished group of college faculty, authors, and activists were invited to Drake University for a twenty-four-hour think tank in how to end academic corruption in college sport."

This NCAA watchdog is "in residence" at U New Haven.

Comment

Shut up! No one will be leery to take an Ivy League position. They will have hundreds of applicants.
          Men need not apply!

Comment

May not have been a criminal action, so no legal charges or trial but once it's out there, it's out there. But also people need to remember that while false accusations do happen, it still is pretty rare.
            Gee, I think some slandered lacrosse players from Duke would disagree.

Comment

Groping isn't consensual. Did you even read the article? There's some pretty strong support for the accusation.
              Unfortunately, when too much time has gone bye and then the incident gets light shed on it, it does get quite a few eye rolls.

Comment

"The Drake Group, an organization of faculty and staff who seek to defend academic integrity in college sports is now 'in residence' at the University of New Haven. The Drake Group was founded in 1999 when a distinguished group of college faculty, authors, and activists were invited to Drake University for a twenty-four-hour think tank in how to end academic corruption in college sport."

Perhaps this is the independent group hired by UNH to investigate Faherty?

Comment

It also says in the article that one situation was after their senior year season. Are they really considered to be on the team at that point?
                  After senior year is fine if it's consensual. Doesn't sound like it was and that's the problem

Comment

Not familiar with them. What authority do they have and who bestowed it upon them? Is this a group of like-minded thinkers that banded together to solve issues that they were not asked to? Seriously, who are they and what power do they actually have? Sound like a bunch of nerds that hate jocks, hell-bent on punishing any of them for stepping even mildly out of line. Are athletes and former athletes part of this group (then or now)?

Comment

Not familiar with them. What authority do they have and who bestowed it upon them? Is this a group of like-minded thinkers that banded together to solve issues that they were not asked to? Seriously, who are they and what power do they actually have? Sound like a bunch of nerds that hate jocks, hell-bent on punishing any of them for stepping even mildly out of line. Are athletes and former athletes part of this group (then or now)?
                      Sounds like they're more about the academic aspect of student athletes and abuses in the NCAA system, but that includes sexual abuse. Is it coincidental that they're at UNH?

"The Drake Group was founded in 1999 when Jon Ericson, a former professor and provost at Drake University, invited a distinguished group of college faculty, authors, and activists to a twenty-four-hour think tank on how to end academic corruption in college sport. Included in the conference were members of faculty senates, journalists, athletic directors, and members of organizations such as the NCAA and the Knight Foundation Commission on collegiate Sport. Out of the meeting emerged an organization initially called the National Association of Faculty for Collegiate Athletic Reform (NAFCAR). The organization changed its name to The Drake Group in 2000 and also adopted bylaws and elected officers. The group’s mission and goals were formally defined at an annual meeting at the Chicago meeting in 2003.

Corporate History

The Drake Group, Inc. was incorporated on 9/16/13 as a Connecticut Nonstock Corporation via a 9/6/13 certificate of incorporation (the “C/I)” which was filed with the Connecticut Secretary of State on 9/6/13...

Comment

Sounds like they're more about the academic aspect of student athletes and abuses in the NCAA system, but that includes sexual abuse. Is it coincidental that they're at UNH?

"The Drake Group was founded in 1999 when Jon Ericson, a former professor and provost at Drake University, invited a distinguished group of college faculty, authors, and activists to a twenty-four-hour think tank on how to end academic corruption in college sport. Included in the conference were members of faculty senates, journalists, athletic directors, and members of organizations such as the NCAA and the Knight Foundation Commission on collegiate Sport. Out of the meeting emerged an organization initially called the National Association of Faculty for Collegiate Athletic Reform (NAFCAR). The organization changed its name to The Drake Group in 2000 and also adopted bylaws and elected officers. The group’s mission and goals were formally defined at an annual meeting at the Chicago meeting in 2003.

Corporate History

The Drake Group, Inc. was incorporated on 9/16/13 as a Connecticut Nonstock Corporation via a 9/6/13 certificate of incorporation (the “C/I)” which was filed with the Connecticut Secretary of State on 9/6/13...
                        I got that part .... where do they derive their authority from? I can't get a group of my buddies and incorporate and sit over the top of the Supreme Court or Microsoft, so who "elected" these folks as anything? Do they actually have any power or are they just there for free stuff and to stir the pot? Let's face it, most academicians have never had real jobs and can't differentiate between reality and the candy land they have lived in their entire lives.

Comment

I got that part .... where do they derive their authority from? I can't get a group of my buddies and incorporate and sit over the top of the Supreme Court or Microsoft, so who "elected" these folks as anything? Do they actually have any power or are they just there for free stuff and to stir the pot? Let's face it, most academicians have never had real jobs and can't differentiate between reality and the candy land they have lived in their entire lives.
                          True and because they are always thinking someone is trying to steal their tenure, they are jaded when it comes to objectively reviewing items.

Comment

Sounds like the get their authority by calling out bad behavior, putting fear into schools. That post said it's a think tank. Is it me or is it an odd coincidence they are housed at the same school where this supposedly too place?

Comment

Wesleyan coach is who they want.

Not sure she will take job.
                              Are you just ignorant or just stirring the pot. Her husband was the one with the bribery charge. Actually surprised she still coaches.

Comment

Are you just ignorant or just stirring the pot. Her husband was the one with the bribery charge. Actually surprised she still coaches.
                                Why should she stop coaching? Her husband was guilty, not her. So ignorant.

Comment

Previously entered content was automatically saved. Restore or Discard.
                                Auto-Saved
                                x
                                Insert: Thumbnail Small Medium Large Fullsize Remove  
                                x
                                Working...
                                X