Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Unregistered View Post
    This is meaningless. How much? And how do you know what the going rate is?
    I don't think it matters how much Pac recevied. 20k or 100k. The more the better, assuming it trickles down and is used to attract the best coaches and related benefits.

My kid was at Pac a few years ago and some parents believed that the previous DOC Eugene left because Pac didn't match a competing salary offer. Others believed that he left to work closer to home.

Personally I wouldn't feel bad to find out a director makes 200k especially if he or she is top notch and running a great program.

More important is what goes on with clubs money. I have experience founding and running a non-profit in the health care field. There are absolutely a few things to that should concern parents.

A non-profit with a small board of directors, without quality board members from the community such as parents and business leaders to keep them in check can be a very bad thing. Buddies who rubber stamp every request can end up paying key employees $200,000 or more a year plus unbelievable perks. I've seen many types of abuse go on, using vendors who the member is related to, travel-entertainment expense abuse.

If the small club with a big pile of cash doesn't have Internal controls to safeguard money and assets “checks and balances” on staff (and sometimes board members) or outside vendors to reduce the risk of misappropriation of funds/assets, it will be RIPE for fraud.

Transparency is key.

Comment

Interesting, some salaries are posted from the biggest clubs in the area. Didn't realize DOC's getting were getting 140k+
      The big scam that needs to come crumbling down is the amount of clubs that pay directors and coaches as “contractors” so they don’t have to report it on their 990 or pay appropriate payroll taxes.

Comment

The big scam that needs to come crumbling down is the amount of clubs that pay directors and coaches as “contractors” so they don’t have to report it on their 990 or pay appropriate payroll taxes.
        I would be surprised if that is happening, that would be a huge issue, could result in incredibly large fines and back pay with benefits. A soccer club couldn't use the "I didn't know" defense. You just can't get away with that. The clubs aren't that stupid.

Comment

Previously entered content was automatically saved. Restore or Discard.
        Auto-Saved
        x
        Insert: Thumbnail Small Medium Large Fullsize Remove  
        x
        Working...
        X