Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Unregistered View Post
    You are a clueless idiot, i had two that went through the D3 process and the OP is 100% right.

I’m guessing you’re a parent that got screwed and paid through the nose.
    There’s a difference between recruited to “play” and recruiting to “level things out” sounds like you paid another Athlete's bill and leveled out the GPA for the team, it happens every year to hundreds of parents, did you get the email and invite to a camp ?

I am hardly an idiot. I am so smart that I make enough money to pay for my kid's top tier education and they have the SATs and grades to get in.

Also, I have two children playing D3 sports (one playing womens soccer) at highly selective research universities. These schools only provide merit aid to a very few select students (maybe 20 out of 2000). The need based aid is generous due to the substantial endowments, but you have to have need. Very, very few on the teams receive any aid, so I am not funding other athletes. We do indirectly fund other students who otherwise would not be able to attend the universities, and, I am perfectly OK with that. I have been blessed with opportunities and I am happy to extend an educational opportunity to other deserving students. Our experience with these schools and sports (both nationally ranked teams) has been worth every penny. Not screwed at all.

Comment

I am hardly an idiot. I am so smart that I make enough money to pay for my kid's top tier education and they have the SATs and grades to get in.

Also, I have two children playing D3 sports (one playing womens soccer) at highly selective research universities. These schools only provide merit aid to a very few select students (maybe 20 out of 2000). The need based aid is generous due to the substantial endowments, but you have to have need. Very, very few on the teams receive any aid, so I am not funding other athletes. We do indirectly fund other students who otherwise would not be able to attend the universities, and, I am perfectly OK with that. I have been blessed with opportunities and I am happy to extend an educational opportunity to other deserving students. Our experience with these schools and sports (both nationally ranked teams) has been worth every penny. Not screwed at all.
      Not the poster and based on your description that sounds typical for that level of university - it's of high demand to both athletes and non athletes alike so little need to shave the price to get top applicants. Probably has decent sports too. But keep in mind there are plenty of smaller, practically unheard of schools that don't have quite the same draw as what you describe. There schools offer large discounts to students they want, including some athletes. Of course you need to be well above the applicant average to get a nice package; they're not handing them out like free candy.

Comment

Anyone that comes on here explaining jibberish like you “ is and was screwed” no successful person bragging the way you did would have the time to waste or write on an anonymous website.

“ highly selective research universities “‘ give me a break you bonehead.
        So You’ve been blessed uh? You sound like a brother from another planet.

Comment

Can you name the D3 school/highly selective University your Kid is playing soccer at?

Comment

You are a clueless idiot, i had two that went through the D3 process and the OP is 100% right.

I’m guessing you’re a parent that got screwed and paid through the nose.
            There’s a difference between recruited to “play” and recruiting to “level things out” sounds like you paid another Athlete's bill and leveled out the GPA for the team, it happens every year to hundreds of parents, did you get the email and invite to a camp ?
            If you are getting a great deal at a NESCAC school it means that your household income is likely under 150k.

Some of use pay more than in taxes and therefore don't get the same break when it comes to tuition.

Comment

Can you name the D3 school/highly selective University your Kid is playing soccer at?
              I'll list the ones for which this situation is very much that case year after year - one of which is my kid's team:

Johns Hopkins
              Tuffs
              NYU
              Unv of Chicago
              Wash Unv
              Emory
              Carnegie Mellon
              Williams
              Amherst
              MIT

https://d3soccer.prestosports.com/to...en/2019/week10

Comment

I'll list the ones for which this situation is very much that case year after year - one of which is my kid's team:

Johns Hopkins
                Tuffs
                NYU
                Unv of Chicago
                Wash Unv
                Emory
                Carnegie Mellon
                Williams
                Amherst
                MIT

https://d3soccer.prestosports.com/to...en/2019/week10
                Tuffs? Are they in the NESYACK? Clearly your bright kid got their brains from their mother.

Comment

Didn't go to PKs - Newtown scored in the last few minutes of OT and that was it. This was a crazy year for SWC but yeah I don't think anyone saw Newtown winning the whole thing.
                  No one said it went to PKs. TDs and NDs only goal was scored via a PK

Comment

Tuffs? Are they in the NESYACK? Clearly your bright kid got their brains from their mother.
                    Tufts - are you happy now?

How do you know this is a father and not a mother?

Comment

Previously entered content was automatically saved. Restore or Discard.
                    Auto-Saved
                    x
                    Insert: Thumbnail Small Medium Large Fullsize Remove  
                    x
                    Working...
                    X