Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Unregistered
    Will coaches not express interest until July of their Junior year?
    They will talk with club coaches. Players can also get feedback if they attended a camp.

Comment

Originally posted by Unregistered View Post
      They will talk with club coaches. Players can also get feedback if they attended a camp.
      Technically not supposed to talk about "recruiting" at ID events but do we really think that isn't still happening?

Comment

Technically not supposed to talk about "recruiting" at ID events but do we really think that isn't still happening?
        Plenty of id camps have taken place this summer. What have people experienced with the new recruiting rules?

Comment

Plenty of id camps have taken place this summer. What have people experienced with the new recruiting rules?

turns out rules specify "communications" and provide examples like email, text, phone, etc.
          What this misses is DocuSign. My D has received 3 emails forwarded from Club Coach with links to DocuSign documents asking for her commitment. Still early so names haven't standardized, so far we have seen Pre Estimate National Intent Letter of Engagement (PENILE) , and Letter Of Scholarship Estimate for Recruiting (LOSER).

Anyone else?

Comment

Can all players get feedback or just those in junior/senior year? How does this work? The player emails the coach post camp? We are new to this, thanks for any info.

Comment

Can all players get feedback or just those in junior/senior year? How does this work? The player emails the coach post camp? We are new to this, thanks for any info.
              All players can get feedback, the difference is in how the College coach is allowed to communicate the feedback
              Specific to players before Junior year:
              1) Coach cannot call Player however Player can call coach and if coach answers they discuss anything feedback/recruiting, etc. (this is rumored to be changing April 2019)
              2) Coach cannot email player other than Camp invites and request to enter data in recruiting database; however Player can email coach and request feedback sent to Club coach or Club recruiting "director" who will in turn forward feedback to the player
              3) During the ID camp coaches are still allowed to discuss feedback, they are just not allowed to have any recruiting related discussions.

Comment

And just to be clear, those rules about contacting the player etc are for D1 (and I guess D2?).

My son has gotten a direct call from a D3 coach this summer, and it is before his Junior year.

Comment

And just to be clear, those rules about contacting the player etc are for D1 (and I guess D2?).

My son has gotten a direct call from a D3 coach this summer, and it is before his Junior year.
                  The rules don't apply to D3 because there's no money involved

Comment

All players can get feedback, the difference is in how the College coach is allowed to communicate the feedback
                    Specific to players before Junior year:
                    1) Coach cannot call Player however Player can call coach and if coach answers they discuss anything feedback/recruiting, etc. (this is rumored to be changing April 2019)
                    2) Coach cannot email player other than Camp invites and request to enter data in recruiting database; however Player can email coach and request feedback sent to Club coach or Club recruiting "director" who will in turn forward feedback to the player
                    3) During the ID camp coaches are still allowed to discuss feedback, they are just not allowed to have any recruiting related discussions.
                    Can you elaborate on the rumor happening in April?

Comment

Can you elaborate on the rumor happening in April?
                      Not the poster but there's talk that soccer will adopt LAX rules which has zero contact of any kind before junior year. https://www.uslaxmagazine.com/colleg...ng-legislation

Comment

Not the poster but there's talk that soccer will adopt LAX rules which has zero contact of any kind before junior year. https://www.uslaxmagazine.com/colleg...ng-legislation
                        It's interesting if you read the initial summary:

1) earlier official visit (9/1 junior year)
                        2) later unofficial visit (9/1 junior year)
                        3) no recruiting conversations at "camps or clinics"
                        4) "communications (telephone, email, text), verbal and written offers, and off-campus contacts on the agenda for the next phase."

Comment

They might as well just ban them from ID camps altogether. This is getting absurd. If parents and coaches want to take the risk of committing early, let them.

Comment

They might as well just ban them from ID camps altogether. This is getting absurd. If parents and coaches want to take the risk of committing early, let them.
                            I’m not sure what the risk is if a kid is committing to a school she wants, but I agree that what others choose to do is their business.

Comment

My personal preference is no contact (in either direction) until summer before junior year. ID camps are allowed that summer (no recruitment talk) and no visits or any recruitment talk until Sept 1 junior year.

Comment

I’m not sure what the risk is if a kid is committing to a school she wants, but I agree that what others choose to do is their business.
                                The question is do younger students really know what they want? Have they had enough time to explore their options, really know what they want to major in, what kind of school they want to attend? Are one year of grades and no test scores an indicator of a good academic (or even soccer) fit?

I've been through it with both genders; the boys times line is much more reasonable and closer to what non athletes go through. I don't have hard stats to back it up but supposedly the transfer rate with women's soccer is much higher than men's. If true that suggests more players making poor choices too early.

Comment

Previously entered content was automatically saved. Restore or Discard.
                                Auto-Saved
                                x
                                Insert: Thumbnail Small Medium Large Fullsize Remove  
                                x
                                Working...
                                X