Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Unregistered View Post
    Theres million dollar homes in Shelton and a great place to raise kids, the town overall is actually quite nice. I bet you're from somewhere near Westport/Fairfield where all the closet pedos live...
    Of the 200+ homes for sale now in Shelton one is priced at 1.059. Next closest is 900k. Many of the bigger homes were built when prices were very high in Fairfield, Westport etc. Now it's easier to buy in those areas while home prices away from the shore and train line are falling faster. A very large percentage of St Joes kids are from Shelton which says a lot about the quality of the HS.

Comment

Of the 200+ homes for sale now in Shelton one is priced at 1.059. Next closest is 900k. Many of the bigger homes were built when prices were very high in Fairfield, Westport etc. Now it's easier to buy in those areas while home prices away from the shore and train line are falling faster. A very large percentage of St Joes kids are from Shelton which says a lot about the quality of the HS.
      Lots and lots of Fairfield county kids ( Westport, Wilton ,Weston New Canaan, Darien) attend locally Fairfield Prep, and lots and lots of Fairfield county kids attend the hundreds of Private boarding schools in the New England region so what’s you point... “ says a lot about the quality of the HS” ....??

Comment

Please....if you where to name the best places in ct to live, you wouldn’t even think to yourself Shelton after spouting off the first 25.

I don’t live in a top 25 location, but it is safe to say, when I flush my toilet here in Naugatuck, it flows down river to Shelton.
        Typical naugy parent

Comment

Lots and lots of Fairfield county kids ( Westport, Wilton ,Weston New Canaan, Darien) attend locally Fairfield Prep, and lots and lots of Fairfield county kids attend the hundreds of Private boarding schools in the New England region so what’s you point... “ says a lot about the quality of the HS” ....??
          You actually comparing St Joes to a New England boarding school? That's hilarious

STJs doesn't even compare to Prep; let alone Taft, Hotchkiss, or Other

Comment

Naugatuck better than Shelton? Hahahaha..

Naugatuck is disgusting

Comment

And there's trailer parks too. It's nice for the folks who feel the need to live in a bigger home than they can afford on the Gold Coast
              Also trailer parks in Westport until about 2 years ago

Comment

Naugatuck better than Shelton? Hahahaha..

Naugatuck is disgusting
                Yes, but they know it. Shelton people are delusional, as you can see by the million dollar home guy.

They think they are high class because they are surrounded by trash. Poop piles that dont smell as bad as the poop piles next to it, doesn’t make the nicer smelling one anything but poop that doesn’t smell as bad

Comment

You actually comparing St Joes to a New England boarding school? That's hilarious

STJs doesn't even compare to Prep; let alone Taft, Hotchkiss, or Other
                  Troll.... OP or you claimed Shelton kids didn’t wanna attend their local HS so they chose STJ.
                  I asked for you to explain the exodus from FCTY kids from their own schools.

But no worries I already know.....to do more drugs unmonitored right?

Comment

I don’t live in any of the towns mentioned but I am in real estate And have been for over 20 years. Shelton is one of the most attractive towns right now due to low taxes, decent schools, and a lot of outside business. You’d be surprised at the companies that call Shelton Home. Average home goes for 350K.

Now Naugatuck... ehhhhh

Comment

I don’t live in any of the towns mentioned but I am in real estate And have been for over 20 years. Shelton is one of the most attractive towns right now due to low taxes, decent schools, and a lot of outside business. You’d be surprised at the companies that call Shelton Home. Average home goes for 350K.

Now Naugatuck... ehhhhh
                      We wanted better than "decent "schools. Decided on something smaller in a top district. Now once our kids are out school I would consider Shelton because of location and lower taxes. But school was too critical to us and years of private school for 3 kids was never an option

Comment

Shelton is part of the valley, enough said

Comment

Ahh, Naugatuck, the birthplace of naugahyde..... Do folks still call it Naug-a-f- ck like we did years ago? Cheap hotels and Crackheads.

Comment

Troll.... OP or you claimed Shelton kids didn’t wanna attend their local HS so they chose STJ.
                            I asked for you to explain the exodus from FCTY kids from their own schools.

But no worries I already know.....to do more drugs unmonitored right?
                            The explanation is simple great schools providing individual attention and get kids into great colleges. STJs doesn't offer any of that

Comment

We wanted better than "decent "schools. Decided on something smaller in a top district. Now once our kids are out school I would consider Shelton because of location and lower taxes. But school was too critical to us and years of private school for 3 kids was never an option
                              48th by sat score

http://www.collegesimply.com/k12/lis...e/connecticut/

A little more recent, but no better result
                              http://www.courant.com/education/hc-...htmlstory.html

Comment

Now Naugatuck... ehhhhh
                                Do melonheads help or hurt resale values?

Comment

Previously entered content was automatically saved. Restore or Discard.
                                Auto-Saved
                                x
                                Insert: Thumbnail Small Medium Large Fullsize Remove  
                                x
                                Working...
                                X