Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Unregistered View Post
    Again, it's because people are placing value on wins/losses, league titles and subjective college placement valuations as the key measures of a club's success or failure.

Outside the high school soccer, all youth soccer should have just one singular goal above all others......to create a learning culture that allows each player to find the best soccer player he or she has within them.

None of our local regional clubs or their advocates spend much time speaking to this. For my kids, it was all about looking within the clubs out there and seeking out the coaches who put my kid's development first and then getting on their rosters. We were fortunate with each of my three girls to find such a coach, although none of them played for the same club or coach.

All three went on to play college ball. And all actually played and were not just practice bodies or roster fillers. None of them played for CFC, Oakwood, Beachside, Yankee United or FSA.

I thank Bob Dikranian, more than anyone else, for opening my eyes to this when my first one turned U11.
    My eyes are wide open, but i get called all sorts of names here for sharing your philosophy - naive , stupid, clueless. parent of a kid who is going nowhere, loser etc. you name it.

i feel parents have been so brainwashed that they cannot see.

Comment

My eyes are wide open, but i get called all sorts of names here for sharing your philosophy - naive , stupid, clueless. parent of a kid who is going nowhere, loser etc. you name it.

i feel parents have been so brainwashed that they cannot see.

I make it a point to talk to my players' parents in that U11 through U13 ages about this. I try to paint them an accurate picture of the soccer community and clubs here in CT. I share with them the principal values of the regional clubs playing in the ECNL, Academy and NPL leagues. I share with them, the facts of how many teams they field in each age group and where they place them. I also talk to them about the next tier of clubs, that vast pack of Tier 2 clubs playing premier in lower leagues like the CCSL and even the CJSA State leagues. We also talk about classic travel options, particularly for those players we see not able to stay with the top group and still having the love to play somewhere.

I never urge them to go or to stay, just to paint as objective perspective of I can of the options, costs and philosophies driving these clubs and their objectives. When I see a player who clearly needs to move to higher levels of competition to continue growth, I tell the parents that. It's cost me players from time to time, but if we are really in this for the kids, we need to put our goals as coaches and club leader subordinate to what is best for each kid.

What we owe them all, for the hours of sweat they put into this and the dollars they invest in this, is to tell them the truth and to stop selling clubs to them.

Comment

I make it a point to talk to my players' parents in that U11 through U13 ages about this. I try to paint them an accurate picture of the soccer community and clubs here in CT. I share with them the principal values of the regional clubs playing in the ECNL, Academy and NPL leagues. I share with them, the facts of how many teams they field in each age group and where they place them. I also talk to them about the next tier of clubs, that vast pack of Tier 2 clubs playing premier in lower leagues like the CCSL and even the CJSA State leagues. We also talk about classic travel options, particularly for those players we see not able to stay with the top group and still having the love to play somewhere.

I never urge them to go or to stay, just to paint as objective perspective of I can of the options, costs and philosophies driving these clubs and their objectives. When I see a player who clearly needs to move to higher levels of competition to continue growth, I tell the parents that. It's cost me players from time to time, but if we are really in this for the kids, we need to put our goals as coaches and club leader subordinate to what is best for each kid.

What we owe them all, for the hours of sweat they put into this and the dollars they invest in this, is to tell them the truth and to stop selling clubs to them.
        Good on you. very few people tell the truth

Comment

Good on you. very few people tell the truth
          You should see what I pass my high school players on the chances of them getting a soccer scholarship. Fortunately, more experts sources than me provide the detail materials of that tough hurdle.

Comment

Should we have pinned the final judgement of success on the ECNL after just one year when it first came out?

There was a ton of negative noise about the creation and first year or two of the ECNL.

Until the GDA has a few years to work through its initial growth and get settled, this is just a discussion that allows fools to opine on their speculations and knee jerk judgments.
            GDA is off to a rocky start. If they quickly toss the dead wood they might right the ship. The problem is for players in the here and now, the window of recruiting is narrow. Understandably they're not willing to take many chances.

Comment

GDA is off to a rocky start. If they quickly toss the dead wood they might right the ship. The problem is for players in the here and now, the window of recruiting is narrow. Understandably they're not willing to take many chances.
              what "chances" are they taking?

Comment

Previously entered content was automatically saved. Restore or Discard.
              Auto-Saved
              x
              Insert: Thumbnail Small Medium Large Fullsize Remove  
              x
              Working...
              X