Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Shoreline FC - GPS???

I went to the Shoreline tryouts and they were pretty grim. Wasn't there talk of GPS taking them over? Is that still happening? There won't be much to take over based on tryout numbers. Not sure what will be left next year. Anyone know what is going on?

Originally posted by Unregistered View Post
    I went to the Shoreline tryouts and they were pretty grim. Wasn't there talk of GPS taking them over? Is that still happening? There won't be much to take over based on tryout numbers. Not sure what will be left next year. Anyone know what is going on?
    North (Madison) or South (Greenwich)Tryouts?

Comment

Both branches struggling but I think the Madison branch is on it's last legs. GPS just provided some coaches. CT Sportsplex should look for new tenants. They must be losing money having Shoreline FC and SCP in there.

Comment

North (Madison) or South (Greenwich)Tryouts?
        It was the N Branford branch. It was a sad affair and I was embarrassed for them.

Comment

Why do they insist they are from Madison? Are they embarrassed to say they are from North Branford? They do all their practices and games in North Branford. What's the connection with Madison?

Comment

The Rush club in that part of the state has taken the best players. John Sal gets bashed on here quite a bit but his club has done well in that area. They have definitely hurt Shoreline and SCP by drawing virtually all of the best players in that part of the state. I think SCP will hobble along for a few more years. Can't even imagine Shoreline making it through the summer. They have some really bad teams, too many to build any kind of positive reputation. It's recreational soccer at 10 times the price.

Comment

The Rush club in that part of the state has taken the best players. John Sal gets bashed on here quite a bit but his club has done well in that area. They have definitely hurt Shoreline and SCP by drawing virtually all of the best players in that part of the state. I think SCP will hobble along for a few more years. Can't even imagine Shoreline making it through the summer. They have some really bad teams, too many to build any kind of positive reputation. It's recreational soccer at 10 times the price.
              I didn’t even know there was another Rush branch in CT besides Wilton. It’s crazy that the area could support so many clubs. Top players still end up at Oakwood, CFC, FSA too. I’m assuming you are saying this Rush branch is getting all the best ulittles before they move on to the big clubs? Or is Rush really keeping all the best players in this area in their club? I would think they’d be much better and known throughout the state then

Comment

I didn’t even know there was another Rush branch in CT besides Wilton. It’s crazy that the area could support so many clubs. Top players still end up at Oakwood, CFC, FSA too. I’m assuming you are saying this Rush branch is getting all the best ulittles before they move on to the big clubs? Or is Rush really keeping all the best players in this area in their club? I would think they’d be much better and known throughout the state then
                They have a good reputation in the SE and SC part of the state. You will have several families elect to go to Oakwood on the boys side. Not really anyone going to CFC or FSA. Too far and too expensive. The branch has only been around for a few years so nothing to really talk about regarding HS teams. Time will tell if they can replicate their success at the HS level. As long as they can keep it moderately priced they will continue to be successful. They have some good coaches and some good teams.

Comment

They have a good reputation in the SE and SC part of the state. You will have several families elect to go to Oakwood on the boys side. Not really anyone going to CFC or FSA. Too far and too expensive. The branch has only been around for a few years so nothing to really talk about regarding HS teams. Time will tell if they can replicate their success at the HS level. As long as they can keep it moderately priced they will continue to be successful. They have some good coaches and some good teams.

GPS is already spread pretty thin. More than half their teams in MA, NH, ME, RI stink. I understand they are trying to get into the Suffield/CFC Wolves/North/Windsor area too

Comment

GPS is already spread pretty thin. More than half their teams in MA, NH, ME, RI stink. I understand they are trying to get into the Suffield/CFC Wolves/North/Windsor area too
                    They had a deal with Celtic but it fell apart

Comment

The North Branford branch of Shoreline FC is a mess for sure. They have a good state level U18 team that is graduating out. The U17 is not as strong but it's a decent state level squad. There is a decent U13 squad that is surrounded by a whole lot junk. Town level teams. At the younger age groups they have another average group of boys, maybe U9 and U10. They no longer have any girls teams in their entire program. They have run several coaches out of the door who were actually pretty good. They had a terrible showing at tryouts and there will probably be some empty cupboards after the dust settles. SCP will most likely benefit from their demise. The Rush branch has moved past both these clubs and is the best club in this part of the state.

Comment

If you look up the standings, the CT Rush Shoreline team do very well.

Comment

If you look up the standings, the CT Rush Shoreline team do very well.
                          versus who? Come on, it's all relative

Comment

The CCSL is a good state league. I wish more CT teams just stayed in state. CT Rush Shoreline has some good, solid teams playing in the state league. No trumpets blaring for Rush just a statement of fact. They do a real nice job with those teams and the competition is good. Some of the stronger teams play in EDP. Quality of teams and competition is greater in EDP. The tradeoff is you are traveling to Long Island and Northern Jersey.

Comment

You guys are nuts if you think Rush is the cream of the crop and they are taking everyone. The practice facilities and indoor in Montville is not an option unless you are living from Guilford to New London. SCP has a much bigger reach in the New Haven Metro area, though Rush has hurt them in the Clinton/Madison/Guilford area, but that’s about it.

Comment

Previously entered content was automatically saved. Restore or Discard.
                              Auto-Saved
                              x
                              Insert: Thumbnail Small Medium Large Fullsize Remove  
                              x
                              Working...
                              X