Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

GU15 EMSC Smithtown Cosmos Open Practices

The 04 NPL EMSC Smithtown Cosmos will be holding open practices on Tuesday, June 19th and Wednesday, June 20th at the North Field at Moriches Road Park in St. James.

So, you're welcome to come down if you're a keeper or a field player and want to train in with an excellent team that plays in a very competitive and educational environment.

Originally posted by Unregistered View Post
    The 04 NPL EMSC Smithtown Cosmos will be holding open practices on Tuesday, June 19th and Wednesday, June 20th at the North Field at Moriches Road Park in St. James.

So, you're welcome to come down if you're a keeper or a field player and want to train in with an excellent team that plays in a very competitive and educational environment.
    My kid is a 2004 GK and is very interested, but has a couple questions. Are you looking for a primary GK or a back-up GK and how many GKs are you looking to carry on the team?

She's the primary on her current team, but frequently splits games with another GK, just wondering what you're looking for.

Also, does the club provide seperate GK training or do GKs follow the same training regimen as field players?
    Any info you can provide would be appreciated! Thanks!

Comment

My kid is interested but is injured and can not participate in contact. Do we have any options?
      Is there anyone we can speak with offline. Thank you.

Comment

Hello,
        Thank you and we appreciate your interest in the team.

Please contact Cosmos Trainer Mark Dawson if you have any further questions.

Comment

My kid is interested but is injured and can not participate in contact. Do we have any options?
          Please contact: Mark Dawson mark.dawson@liu.edu

Comment

My kid is a 2004 GK and is very interested, but has a couple questions. Are you looking for a primary GK or a back-up GK and how many GKs are you looking to carry on the team?

She's the primary on her current team, but frequently splits games with another GK, just wondering what you're looking for.

Also, does the club provide seperate GK training or do GKs follow the same training regimen as field players?

Comment

I am happy to discuss this with. Please feel free to email me and we can set up a time to speak over the phone.

mark.dawson@liu.edu

Comment

what time are the practices? How mahy players are you looking to take on the team. Looks like a big team already?

Comment

what time are the practices? How mahy players are you looking to take on the team. Looks like a big team already?
                  The practices are 6/19 and 6/20 from 5:00pm-6:30pm at the Moriches Rd. Soccer Fields in St. James.

Comment

Please send me an email and I am happy to discuss.

Comment

The practices are 6/19 and 6/20 from 5:00pm-6:30pm at the Moriches Rd. Soccer Fields in St. James.
                      Why so late? Most tryouts are finished and teams set.

Comment

Why so late? Most tryouts are finished and teams set.
                        Late tryouts usually mean-they're expecting to lose players but won't know how many until other clubs' tryouts conclude. Or you're hoping to pick up players that didn't make their first choice.

Comment

Late tryouts usually mean-they're expecting to lose players but won't know how many until other clubs' tryouts conclude. Or you're hoping to pick up players that didn't make their first choice.
                          Or, they qualified for the playoffs and are focused on that

Comment

Nice try in attempting to stir up drama

Comment

Nice try in attempting to stir up drama
                              Actually wasn't attempting to stir up drama, just giving a reason as to why teams would hold tryouts so late (most other clubs/teams are either finished or close to it). If this team is holding tryouts at the end of June because they are focusing on playoffs, it's certainly unusual, but good for them.

Comment

Previously entered content was automatically saved. Restore or Discard.
                              Auto-Saved
                              x
                              Insert: Thumbnail Small Medium Large Fullsize Remove  
                              x
                              Working...
                              X