X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Unregistered View Post
    Better late than never.

Skipping high school sports is a hugely regrettable move driven by parent ego.
    Not always. There is a subset of players who do want what GDA has to offer (maybe not OW, but the system in general). Problem is there aren't enough of them, or clubs with good enough coaching to train them, to run a national league the way USSF had wanted. They badly over estimated demand from players and clubs. Shrinking in size could improve the overall quality (get players and clubs really committed to it) but will get much worse for travel

Comment

Not always. There is a subset of players who do want what GDA has to offer (maybe not OW, but the system in general). Problem is there aren't enough of them, or clubs with good enough coaching to train them, to run a national league the way USSF had wanted. They badly over estimated demand from players and clubs. Shrinking in size could improve the overall quality (get players and clubs really committed to it) but will get much worse for travel
      Well the travel already sucks so forget it. New plan needed.

Comment

If you’re truly an outsider just coming here for laughs, I’d recommmend several YouTube channels that are much funnier. Not much that I’d consider funny here, mostly venom and vitriol and fat arse Dads pounding their man boob chests.
        i truly am and i find it just as entertaining. its full of contradictions.

Comment

Well the travel already sucks so forget it. New plan needed.
          True dat. Not sure what the solution is but something needs to change. They need to get more creative, maybe having groups of teams meet in central locations to reduce travel, and get rid of the one game/weekend guideline

Comment

Perhaps your parents should have helped fix your incoherent writing style.
            Perhaps I should have pulled out of your mom, son.

Comment

Perhaps I should have pulled out of your mom, son.
              Holy inappropriateness. Go away son, it it 2018.

Comment

My daughter has benefited from GDA, and is now in the IMG Top 150, you **** y’all

Comment

My daughter has benefited from GDA, and is now in the IMG Top 150, you **** y’all
                  wow, in 9 short months she went from rec and two left feet to IMG top 150, thanks to GDA? ok

Comment

wow, in 9 short months she went from rec and two left feet to IMG top 150, thanks to GDA? ok
                    Well played sir. You win today. I wonder if that was NYCFC guy. He can't stop blathering on about how great GDA and NYCFC is.

Biggest parent misconception is that playing in a top league (whatever that may be) doesn't make them a top player. Second biggest misconception is that those lists matter.

Comment

This is just stupid re Concorde. Concorde is one of the top girl's clubs in America. Your club would be lucky to have their level of success with YNT, D1 top-shelf players, and pro players they have produced. Tophat is top shelf compared to essentially everyone. Those two clubs are very close to each other and Concorde holds their own. Pretty impressive actually. Concorde are leaving so they don't have to put up with USDA stupid rules, don't have to listen to that frankly stupid Hickey person bloviate in an essentially incomprehensible manner, don't have to listen to the stupid things AH says and follow her stupid policies, and don't have to waste their time waste travelling to play the terrible teams in Florida that US Soccer put in the GDA. Tophat will be gone from GDA next year. Then we will see how much longer this US Soccer "power play" (tongue firmly planted in cheek) lasts.
                      Wrong. My kids team has played both. Beat the pants off concorde fire and tied tophat. Get off this blog jd. Mass has its own blog.

Comment

so, blow your ecnl trumpet elsewhere.

Comment

and highly doubt tophat out of gda next yr or ever. ussf loves that club...what concorde used to enjoy.

Comment

Well played sir. You win today. I wonder if that was NYCFC guy. He can't stop blathering on about how great GDA and NYCFC is.

Biggest parent misconception is that playing in a top league (whatever that may be) doesn't make them a top player. Second biggest misconception is that those lists matter.
                            no but being a top player makes you a top player. everyone knows who they are. a list isnt necessary.

Comment

no but being a top player makes you a top player. everyone knows who they are. a list isnt necessary.
                              But many parents think their kids are top players because of a patch on their uniform

Comment

[QUOTE=Unregistered;2272713]But many parents think their kids are top players because of a patch on their uniform[/QUOTE/]
                                Only the delusional ones. Most times oatch or not these kids get exposed quite easily. Coaches with fluff patches do as well.

Comment

Previously entered content was automatically saved. Restore or Discard.
                                Auto-Saved
                                x
                                Insert: Thumbnail Small Medium Large Fullsize Remove  
                                x
                                Working...
                                X