Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Looking for quality/fair Orlando area team

Top notch 13-year-old goalie looking for a team to play on in tournaments and travel. Top in his club last year and currently not playing with any team so is available now for games tournaments and fall season. Looking for an opportunity to show talents and play for a quality competitive fair team. Not looking to play for OC or Rush, no thank you.

Originally posted by Unregistered View Post
    Top notch 13-year-old goalie looking for a team to play on in tournaments and travel. Top in his club last year and currently not playing with any team so is available now for games tournaments and fall season. Looking for an opportunity to show talents and play for a quality competitive fair team. Not looking to play for OC or Rush, no thank you.
    Your best bet is to steer clear of GPS also. Maybe ask yourself why you, as a GPS dad, would want to create a thread just to troll responses.

"Top knotch talent"... lol

Comment

Your best bet is to steer clear of GPS also. Maybe ask yourself why you, as a GPS dad, would want to create a thread just to troll responses.

"Top knotch talent"... lol
      I am not a GPS dad and I am not looking for sarcastic remarks. Just fair responses and thoughts. I do know of GPS but we did not make the tryouts when they had them, we, unfortunately, wasted our time elsewhere. Any thoughts on GPS teams/coaching?

Comment

I am not a GPS dad and I am not looking for sarcastic remarks. Just fair responses and thoughts. I do know of GPS but we did not make the tryouts when they had them, we, unfortunately, wasted our time elsewhere. Any thoughts on GPS teams/coaching?
        Goalie kid not picked up? GPS will keep him.😀

Comment

I think it will be tough to try and get on a team for any tournaments out at Disney or preseason tournaments if you have not selected a club yet. It seems you have eliminated two of the local clubs already so that only leaves a few to honestly choose from. We play for ACYS and love our experience there the past three seasons. My suggestion is to reach out to them and ask for a tryout or placement. Good luck.

Comment

I think it will be tough to try and get on a team for any tournaments out at Disney or preseason tournaments if you have not selected a club yet. It seems you have eliminated two of the local clubs already so that only leaves a few to honestly choose from. We play for ACYS and love our experience there the past three seasons. My suggestion is to reach out to them and ask for a tryout or placement. Good luck.
            Where does ACYS practice/play out of?

Comment

Who? Not at the race track.

Comment

Just about everywhere now. They lost Trotters park.
                Middle schools, High Schools, Parks & etc.

Comment

Is ACYS a Fair club?

Comment

^^And... THAT'S why I suggest not going to gps!^^ Just had to wait it out a bit...

Comment

^^And... THAT'S why I suggest not going to gps!^^ Just had to wait it out a bit...
                      confused about comment. why not gps? is what was said about acys fields wrong? am truly wondering where acys is now out of as that will make a difference for my child

Comment

confused about comment. why not gps? is what was said about acys fields wrong? am truly wondering where acys is now out of as that will make a difference for my child
                        Yes, they did lose Trotters Park, training is at several locations around the Winter Park area and the surrounding fields there including Blue Jacket near Baldwin Park. I am sure they have a link up by now, we just have not checked yet.
                        BTW to the original poster: I would hope you signed up for a club by now, training starts soon in August and you would not want to miss out on a team for your child. What was wrong with Rush? We understand the OC, we had a bad experience there too even though it was communication issues and not coaching.

Comment

NO poster's pretty accurate on ACYS fields, losing Trotters was huge.
                          If location and proximity to fields are a concern then I'd look to others. ACYS fields are now scattered around winter park, orlando and apopka.

Comment

We left GPS this year. My son is a GK and they had zero constancy in keeper training last year. The DOC currently has zero goal keeper coaches on staff.

Comment

We left GPS this year. My son is a GK and they had zero constancy in keeper training last year. The DOC currently has zero goal keeper coaches on staff.
                              where did you end up at? my kid is a keeper also and wondering as where we were at had no keeper training either

Comment

Previously entered content was automatically saved. Restore or Discard.
                              Auto-Saved
                              x
                              Insert: Thumbnail Small Medium Large Fullsize Remove  
                              x
                              Working...
                              X