•  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

This only gets better

ABC News

@ABC
    Director of National Intelligence Dan Coats informed on stage at Aspen Security Forum that the Trump administration has invited Vladimir Putin to the White House.

"Say that again," he responds. https://abcn.ws/2Nu7fxf

4:29 PM - Jul 19, 2018

Comment

Originally posted by Unregistered View Post
      ABC News

@ABC
      Director of National Intelligence Dan Coats informed on stage at Aspen Security Forum that the Trump administration has invited Vladimir Putin to the White House.

"Say that again," he responds. https://abcn.ws/2Nu7fxf

4:29 PM - Jul 19, 2018
      Trump was shown highly classified Intel before he was even inaugurated. He's known all along our Intel agencies know. No wonder he's been is such a hurry to destroy everything. He knows his time is limited

Comment

You are spot on. I think part of it is backlash to a constantly negative press, and a Democratic Party that has gone off the deep end. They scream and shout and insult anyone that disagrees with them on any point and it is blowing up in their faces. Republicans were not welcoming to Obama either. A small group claimed he was a muslim, obstructed and blocked a supreme court pick, but you didn't see the "not my president" "resist" and disrespect to opposing views that you have now. I'd rather see people come together in the middle, but as long as the extremists exist, that will likely not happen. Sometimes you can simply push too hard and it turns people off.
        More voters are centrist, not extreme. Unfortunately the polar ends of the political spectrum steal all the bandwidth and campaign donations

Comment

Trump was shown highly classified Intel before he was even inaugurated. He's known all along our Intel agencies know. No wonder he's been is such a hurry to destroy everything. He knows his time is limited
          Yes its limited to about 6+ years or 78 months.

Comment

Yes its limited to about 6+ years or 78 months.
            The delusion is amazing.

Comment

The delusion is amazing.
              i agree the left is nuts

Comment

Did the Russians change votes? Make Hillary not campaign in the rust belt? Make her an unlikeable shrew?

Get back to me on that.

She writes a book blaming everyone but herself and you lap it up like a good lib. We dodged a bullet. She can't even own up to screwing up a 5 goal lead late in the second half. She had the experience, the name recognition, the support of every union under the sun, the money and the machine.

She blew it. Own it.
                When are you going to get past this election ****? Regardless of what the problem is, you fall back always on this disgruntled Hillary Clinton rationale. The bottom line.....Trump is the "lawful" President of this country. Regardless of how he came into office, we have no mechanism to displace him because of the election result. We Democrats accept this. He won the electoral vote. That is over. We are past that, why can't you get past it?

Because deep down, you know, as well as we do, that there is a difference between being the lawful President and being the "legitimate" President. Even Trump understands this, probably more than the rest of the Republicans.

These things are not in doubt. The Russians meddled in the 2016 election, with the purpose of helping Trump defeat Clinton. Not because they loved Trump, but because they feared and hated Clinton more. It appears now, based on the latest news reports, even from Fox, that on January 6, 2017, the national intelligence leadership showed Trump in that meeting in Trump Tower exactly how the meddling was being done and showed him clear intelligence that it came from the direction of Putin. This was two weeks before the inauguration. The men in that room said that even then, Trump only grudgingly accepted the intelligence. This was the same meeting that Comey, in private, first told Trump about the Steele dossier and some of the salacious information contained within it. These facts are not in dispute any longer.

So all Trump's bull**** about not knowing and not believing it was Putin and that "others" could be involved is all about one thing. Deep down, he questions the legitimacy of his own Presidency.

Those Russians hacked the DNC. They got the 33,000 emails and worked in the background with Wikileaks on how to get them in the public eye to do the most damage they could to Clinton. The Russians got Democratic information on voters, trends and Democratic strategies. Did they reveal any of this to the people in the Trump campaign?
                I think this is what might lie at the heart of the Mueller investigation. Based on the number of indictments and guilty pleas, there is no doubt that there was plenty of skull duggery going on. People broke the law. They need to be brought to justice and that's what is happening here.

I think Trump feels that this whole meddling thing undermines his legitimacy as President, even if it has no lawful impact. As this investigation continues to peel the layers off the onion and we see deeper and deeper into what the Russians were attempting to do, he grows more and more panicky about what lies there at the core of this. Otherwise, why would he not demand total transparency and embrace the Mueller investigation?

Then you take his whole demeanor and approach to foreign policy. He has been difficult, overbearing and a borderline bully with our allies. Yet when he has to face another authoritarian leader, like those in the Philippines, North Korea, China and most importantly, Russia, he is deferential and nearly the complete opposite in demeanor? Why is that? I think it lies in his basic respect for that style and type of leadership. It's much akin to being the leader of a corporation, instead of the leader of a democracy, so he warms to that.

His attitude towards Russia, despite the overwhelming evidence facing him, is simply unexplained. It's the attitude and demeanor of a person who is suborning himself to another on purpose. How can he ignore the entire US Intelligence service findings or dismiss them as he does? How can he have this private summit with Putin and then not brief his own intelligence people on the substance of that conversation?

How can any of us, as Americans, ignore this or dismiss it, because the economy is superficially doing well? Isn't that the only reason we don't toss this guy out already?

The most amazing thing in all this is that his lies are clearly proven. Thousands of them, on all manners of things and issues. How can anyone support a person who stands before you and lies right to your face and expects you to believe him? I don't care what the issue might be. If you lie to me, regardless of topic, you've lost my trust and support.

You cannot justify any of this with moral relativism. You cannot through the "yeah, but what about" argument here any longer. This is all about Trump and his dishonesty with and to the American people. He knew well over a year ago what was going on and he denies it still.

We can take up the corruption in his Cabinet and the huge turnover in his administration in another session.

We have this guy for a couple more years here. Let's vote in November and defang him.

Comment

Name calling! How lefty of you.

P.S. Mass not doing so great either. But look it up yourself Mr. Educated!

That arrogance is why Hillary lost. Thanks!

Who ya gonna run in 20? Liz Warren? Chuck Schumer? Any other 75 year olds you can think of?

How old will Trump be when he runs for re-election? About the same age as Warren and Schumer, right? What's your point?

Comment

https://nypost.com/2018/07/18/lieber...for-democrats/

Dems are confused and are eating thier young!

I might not like this little Sandinista, but she is much better to look at then Pelosi and Pocahontas. Probably has hairy pits, but I would still hit that.

Do you think it possible to contribute as an adult instead of as a 10 year old who can do little more that spit out insults?

Comment

No, Im okay with the restaurant not serving me.

The uber scenario is different. If they refused service, that's his business. If he picked up and dropped off in a bad area, out of malice, then it would be my business.
                      Hard to drive with broken arms. And vision damage.

I'm not your stereotype, Snowjob.

But yeah, I hate trump.

If the restaurant refuses service, fine, then they get whatever consequences they deserve from the public.

If the uber driver refuses service, then that customer along with others, get to rate him and with uber, if you do not maintain a certain level average rating, they drop you off their driver rolls. That and a few customer complaints will get his ass fired. Plenty of others willing to step in and drive for uber these days.

Comment

I’m on the side of the Uber guy and the Restaurant person and anyone else who doesn’t want to serve these FukTARTs... because they are scum! Worse than the white supremacy Racists, the FukTARTs are every hate group wrapped up as one.
                        I guess you can call them the everything party just like an everything bagel.

As long as you are equally OK with the FukTARTs businesses and services refusing to serve you as well because of your beliefs and feelings.

You are OK with that, right?

Comment

So let me get this straight. You want the US to be OBLIGATED by the NATO treaty to run around the world fighting battles that do not benefit or protect the US? I thought you guys were against military action? Now you want to play tough guy with Russia at every turn? Didn't Obama mock the Russian threat? Didn't Obama know about all this Russian interference?

Yes or No question. US as the World's Military force?

I say No. You?
                          If the USA were threatened, would you not expect the other 28 nations who signed onto NATO to honor their obligation and come to the defense of the USA? I believe that is what Article 5 of the NATO agreement states. An attack on one of us is an attack on all of us.

So yes, if Montenegro were wrongfully attacked without any provocation on their part, I would expect my nation to meet its obligation under the treaty written between the NATO nations.

I say honor your obligations or don't join organizations that ask you to do so. Don't vote in nations that you would not be willing to defend if they are wrongfully threatened.

If you recall, the last time Article 5 of the NATO agreement was invoked it was on the behalf of the USA after the attack on 9/11. Did you think it good to be part of NATO then?

It's not about being the world police man. It's about honoring the treaty's you willingly entered into with other nations.

Comment

The point is this. WHY allow Montenegro into NATO? They offer nothing. It is all risk for the US and no reward.

It simply obligates us via treaty to defend another country. It is not in OUR best interest.

Again, I say no.

You obviously say Yes. Just not sure why?
                            It's a fait accompli here dude.

28 nations voted to allow Montenegro to join NATO. The USA voted for their entry, meaning our government was ready to come to the defense of Montenegro, if called upon to do so. The government clearly saw an interest that escapes you.

Your saying no has no relevance, because the deed is done.

Now it's time to honor our word, if called upon to do it.

Comment

Yes there will be winners and losers in a trade war but in the end the US has the advantage by a long shot. China will feel the pinch much more than us. The markets of both countries are reflecting this potential outcome. US up, China down. Once the next trounch of tariffs are imposed China will start dealing. They’re testing to se how far Trump will go.

Highly doubt any red states will swing because of this. Trump is doing what he said he would do and in the end it will benefit those same states where they are feeling the pinch.
                              And I guess the people in the nail plant who lose jobs and the farmers who go under during all this are just casualties of war, eh?

Do you think these people will receive the honor we bestow on the soldiers who become casualties of the other wars we fight? Do you think we will see them get the PTSD support they will need as they recover from the shock of war they were put into without any impetus on their part?

At least the soldiers who die or get wounded are volunteers and come into the service knowing this risk.

These people who will suffer in these trade wars are civilians and I guess just the offal our President scrapes off his shoes to win his ass kicking contest with China and the other nations he has targeted.

Comment

Ok perfect solution then. When Russia takes over Montenegro we will send you and your kids to defend it. It will be your patriotic duty. That works right?
                                Yep.

No different that your kid getting sent to Iraq or Afghanistan or to help on the border of South Korea.

Patriotic duty in response to our government calling on ourselves to honor our treaty agreements with our mutual defense partners.

Let me ask you. Have you ever served in the military? I'm a clear left leaning moderate, just so you know. I served. In fact, in my generation in my family, at least 15 of us served (brothers, sisters, cousins), stemming from my father and five uncles who all served, as did both my grandfathers.

And we believe in our Constitution and our duties defined within it. I expect my President to do so as well and that means honoring his obligations to NATO. Otherwise, pull out of NATO and try to go it alone.

Comment

Previously entered content was automatically saved. Restore or Discard.
                                Auto-Saved
                                x
                                Insert: Thumbnail Small Medium Large Fullsize Remove  
                                x
                                Working...
                                X