Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Not enough tried out for Thorns to post U15/U17 selections???

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Unregistered View Post
    I call 100% BS on this. They are claiming they are donating $200k in providence park playing time, when it would otherwise sit vacant. This is laughable and the parents that believe this is a subsidy are idiots. You are paying more than other local clubs. Admit it and move on.

If you like the team and coach and your kid enjoys it, great. But please don't make this out to be something that it's not.

Thorns have a handful of decent teams, just like all of the other decent clubs around. No one is dominating anything in this watered down landscape. Thorns have nothing special, unless you are swayed (i.e., blinded) by the fame and flashiness of the proximity to the Thorns and a few "free" $22 seats in the nosebleeds that would otherwise go unsold. Oh, and the luster of training at Providence Park wears off after the 3rd or 4th session. Kids are no longer impressed once they've done it a few times. Been there, done that.
    Nothing to do with Prov park usage, it's a 200k+ annual Cash subsidy....no worries your kid isn't even close to being selected. Please continue keep inflation and the economy rolling by spending away with the local grifters, what you don't know...you don't know.

Comment

I call 100% BS on this. They are claiming they are donating $200k in providence park playing time, when it would otherwise sit vacant. This is laughable and the parents that believe this is a subsidy are idiots. You are paying more than other local clubs. Admit it and move on.

If you like the team and coach and your kid enjoys it, great. But please don't make this out to be something that it's not.

Thorns have a handful of decent teams, just like all of the other decent clubs around. No one is dominating anything in this watered down landscape. Thorns have nothing special, unless you are swayed (i.e., blinded) by the fame and flashiness of the proximity to the Thorns and a few "free" $22 seats in the nosebleeds that would otherwise go unsold. Oh, and the luster of training at Providence Park wears off after the 3rd or 4th session. Kids are no longer impressed once they've done it a few times. Been there, done that.
      LOL! Truth. I do think their only decent teams are the little girl ones though.

Comment

$200k from Thorns? Meanwhile, don’t the thorns pro players all need to work 2nd jobs because the pay is not good? This doesn’t make sense.
        No shame waiting tables do you can have fun and play soccer.

Comment

What in the world are they spending money on? Why is it so expensive?
          I think it’s under $10,000 per year to be on thorns. Maybe that might make it difficult to recruit?

If cost isn’t an issue, you should give them a holler.

Comment

I thought it was going to be free.

If it’s free I’ll drag my kids out. Free is a good price for this.

Comment

I thought it was going to be free.

If it’s free I’ll drag my kids out. Free is a good price for this.
              Is the $200,000 cash just for families to take? Signing bonus if you bring your kid out? That’s be a good way to get people out. Dump $200,000 in one dollar bills all over providence and let families rush the field.

Comment

Thorns Academy held a fundraiser last year and told each girl to raise $1250. They raised $180k which supposedly would lower fees for all (ended up being a few hundred bucks a piece) then they raised the fees by that much. Base fees still $600 more than any other club. Can’t use the goals at Providence Park- none of it is about developing the players. Smoke and mirrors, folks. Smoke and mirrors.

Comment

Is the $200,000 cash just for families to take? Signing bonus if you bring your kid out? That’s be a good way to get people out. Dump $200,000 in one dollar bills all over providence and let families rush the field.
                  If they make it totally 100 per cent free and dump $200 grand in small bills on the field and let parents have a free run, then you got my business. That’s three kids to help fill roster spots.

I don’t have time for and bait switch in’ tho so don’t even try. I’ll walk out and take three players with me. No doubt.

Comment

Nothing to do with Prov park usage, it's a 200k+ annual Cash subsidy....no worries your kid isn't even close to being selected. Please continue keep inflation and the economy rolling by spending away with the local grifters, what you don't know...you don't know.
                    This is PURE COMEDY. We all know plenty of girls on the Thorns that would not make a top OYSA team. Have fun spending over $7k for a fancy name. God, you're an idiot and I'm sure your dear daughter is riding the fancy bench.

Comment

This is PURE COMEDY. We all know plenty of girls on the Thorns that would not make a top OYSA team. Have fun spending over $7k for a fancy name. God, you're an idiot and I'm sure your dear daughter is riding the fancy bench.

With said (not with the TA) we also know more than plenty of girls at the neighborhood 'travel' clubs that will never make a HS varisty team. Yet their poor clueless parents are pressured by the grifters to spend thousands on travel annually with the carrot of a partial scholarship anywhere. It's worth it.

Comment

If they make it totally 100 per cent free and dump $200 grand in small bills on the field and let parents have a free run, then you got my business. That’s three kids to help fill roster spots.

I don’t have time for and bait switch in’ tho so don’t even try. I’ll walk out and take three players with me. No doubt.
                        You make it free 100% and boom your rosters will fill up. I’m serious. Cover all costs including travel and I don’t care if they lose all their games, you got me as a customer.

Comment

Thorns Academy held a fundraiser last year and told each girl to raise $1250. They raised $180k which supposedly would lower fees for all (ended up being a few hundred bucks a piece) then they raised the fees by that much. Base fees still $600 more than any other club. Can’t use the goals at Providence Park- none of it is about developing the players. Smoke and mirrors, folks. Smoke and mirrors.
                          This bears repeating.

Comment

You make it free 100% and boom your rosters will fill up. I’m serious. Cover all costs including travel and I don’t care if they lose all their games, you got me as a customer.
                            Why doesn't CU/THUSC or FC do this to improve their shallow talent pool? Great question.

Comment

Why doesn't CU/THUSC or FC do this to improve their shallow talent pool? Great question.
                              Because they don’t care as much about players and winning as you may want to believe.

They are more focused on money for their coaches and keeping the business running. Not as concerned about your precious players.

Comment

This is the secret.

Comment

Previously entered content was automatically saved. Restore or Discard.
                                Auto-Saved
                                x
                                Insert: Thumbnail Small Medium Large Fullsize Remove  
                                x
                                Working...
                                X