TTL Week 1 in review

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Clubs and DOC's are more worried about bringing in the money than they are about player development, the quality of soccer, and especially don't care about the way their crappy coaches treat referees.

I wouldn't say this is UPDX culture anymore than it's just soccer culture. I've always had the most respect for the coaches that are not engaged with the referees at all. And the coaches that give little instruction to their players when they are playing.

Comment

Game was called 27 minutes in? Feel bad for the kids.

Comment

Originally posted by Unregistered View Post
        Game was called 27 minutes in? Feel bad for the kids.
        Please tell me what game was cancelled ? I have no clue what your talking about and want to know.

Comment

Please tell me what game was cancelled ? I have no clue what your talking about and want to know.
          https://lmgtfy.com/?q=oregon+youth+soccer+association

Comment

OYSA 07G Division I Blue: UPDX 07G West vs OTFC 07G Fury, Sunday Sep 8 at 11:30 AM at Oregon City Pioneer Stadium (the old OCHS football field).

https://oysa.affinitysoccer.com/tour...D-E4211C49A1BA

Comment

No way UPDX cans this guy. They have and keep a Technical Director that sold US Refion IV and State ODP spots to players if they came to his club team. This is a shady club. If Slim Shady, eeeer, I mean Brandon McNeil cans this guy then we will all know the double standard he lives by. BM should’ve been canned for his shady workings too.
              What did the coach do exactly?

Comment

8 game suspension sounds serious...

Comment

8 game suspension sounds serious...
                  It says “ violent conduct”?

Comment

Wrong ref, wrong day.

Comment

Wrong ref, wrong day.
                      Wrong coach, all day.

Default is 2 days, OYSA up'd it to 8. Unless you know more, QFT. Time to stop blaming the refs for a coaches bad behavior. There is no justification. No matter how bad.

Comment

Wrong coach, all day.

Default is 2 days, OYSA up'd it to 8. Unless you know more, QFT. Time to stop blaming the refs for a coaches bad behavior. There is no justification. No matter how bad.
                        I’ve coached almost all levels of play for over 20 years. I’ve never been ejected. But then again, I know that these refs have day jobs so I don’t give them any crap. Any parent or coach that goes after a ref verbally should be removed immediately. The players don’t need to learn from idiots like their parent group or coaching staff

Comment

OYSA has already apologized to United about the matter and will be sending a clarification on Monday.

There will still be a hearing about the matter - if those results are public, will post them here.

Comment

OYSA has already apologized to United about the matter and will be sending a clarification on Monday.

There will still be a hearing about the matter - if those results are public, will post them here.
                            Thanks, just curious because 8 games sounds very serious!

Comment

Ah, so UPDX officials are posting to this forum, defending and denying all the many reports of misconduct that are associated with the club.

Congratulations. Less than two years old, now already the most despised club around. Usually a club has to be around for a while and dominate on the field to earn this distinction. UPDX is hated without having yet won a single State Cup!

Comment

Apologized for what, exactly? Listing an 8-game suspension for the coach in advance of whatever due process is owed? Sending out an email (to clubs apparently, us parents have not seen any such email) on the matter?

I do note that OYSA has taken down the "red card list" on the Fall season website. You can still see the total yellows and reds for each team, but you no longer can see the names of the players and coaches who have been disciplined.

Comment

Previously entered content was automatically saved. Restore or Discard.
                                Auto-Saved
                                x
                                Insert: Thumbnail Small Medium Large Fullsize Remove  
                                x
                                Working...
                                X