Talking-Soccer.com

Go Back   Talking-Soccer.com > Soccer By Region / State > Region 1 > New York

Notices

New York Discussions about New York soccer.

Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
  #21  
Old 4 Weeks Ago
Unregistered
Guest
 
Posts: n/a
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post
Well they wont have as many strong players in the league if they won't overlook it.
I think they accept that reality. Honestly, the players who want to push their DA club to the back aren't ones they want. Over time, they will be successful in that, but for now they have to accept it and turn a blind eye. It's especially tougher for kids at the older ages; younger, who were never playing for HS to begin with, the hope is this will be less of an occurrence.
Reply With Quote
  #22  
Old 4 Weeks Ago
Unregistered
Guest
 
Posts: n/a
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post
Well they wont have as many strong players in the league if they won't overlook it.
For sure, but then they're just hypocrites and shouldn't expect people to obey the rules if they ignore it themselves.
Reply With Quote
  #23  
Old 4 Weeks Ago
Unregistered
Guest
 
Posts: n/a
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post
I think they accept that reality. Honestly, the players who want to push their DA club to the back aren't ones they want. Over time, they will be successful in that, but for now they have to accept it and turn a blind eye. It's especially tougher for kids at the older ages; younger, who were never playing for HS to begin with, the hope is this will be less of an occurrence.
I don't think that's necessarily the case. Sure some who skip HS may be more serious, but there's other who are willing to skip HS because theirs sucks or they don't play much. Those aren't the players you want. Just because you want to play HS doesn't mean you aren't serious about soccer. It's DA that's telling them they're not serious. Not all players buy that line. And it's hard to take DA seriously when they're not taking their own rule seriously
Reply With Quote
  #24  
Old 4 Weeks Ago
Unregistered
Guest
 
Posts: n/a
Default Nysc

Quote:
Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post
I don't think that's necessarily the case. Sure some who skip HS may be more serious, but there's other who are willing to skip HS because theirs sucks or they don't play much. Those aren't the players you want. Just because you want to play HS doesn't mean you aren't serious about soccer. It's DA that's telling them they're not serious. Not all players buy that line. And it's hard to take DA seriously when they're not taking their own rule seriously
the "no hs rule" by da was just strictly marketing gimmick to portray the "we are the most serious about soccer" attitude.....obviously it has backfired.
Reply With Quote
  #25  
Old 4 Weeks Ago
Unregistered
Guest
 
Posts: n/a
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post
I think they accept that reality. Honestly, the players who want to push their DA club to the back aren't ones they want. Over time, they will be successful in that, but for now they have to accept it and turn a blind eye. It's especially tougher for kids at the older ages; younger, who were never playing for HS to begin with, the hope is this will be less of an occurrence.
Huh? The DA wants the strongest players that can pay the money like every other league. Some of those players want to participate in HS soccer and some do not.
Reply With Quote
  #26  
Old 4 Weeks Ago
Unregistered
Guest
 
Posts: n/a
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post
the "no hs rule" by da was just strictly marketing gimmick to portray the "we are the most serious about soccer" attitude.....obviously it has backfired.
Look if USSF wants that rule, fine. Maybe the rule is appropriate for the top 1% who really have the potential to go pro or be on the national team. But it definitely isn't desired or necessary by many of the remaining 99% and those who opt to stay out of DA altogether because they won't give up HS. It goes to the fact that DA is too big for the type of player USSF cares about. The 99% are practice cones to them and all those kids want is to play in college.
Reply With Quote
  #27  
Old 4 Weeks Ago
Unregistered
Guest
 
Posts: n/a
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post
Look if USSF wants that rule, fine. Maybe the rule is appropriate for the top 1% who really have the potential to go pro or be on the national team. But it definitely isn't desired or necessary by many of the remaining 99% and those who opt to stay out of DA altogether because they won't give up HS. It goes to the fact that DA is too big for the type of player USSF cares about. The 99% are practice cones to them and all those kids want is to play in college.
I agree, and if the USSF want to put up their money where their mouth is and say no HS but we will find your DA soccer then that would be a different story. Until then it is just another league.
Reply With Quote
  #28  
Old 4 Weeks Ago
Unregistered
Guest
 
Posts: n/a
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post
I agree, and if the USSF want to put up their money where their mouth is and say no HS but we will find your DA soccer then that would be a different story. Until then it is just another league.
They won't do that. It is a league. A luxury soccer league for talented middle and upper income girls with nice facilities and expensive kits and tons of silly travel. Nothing wrong with it but it is not that special unfortunately.
Reply With Quote
  #29  
Old 4 Weeks Ago
Unregistered
Guest
 
Posts: n/a
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post
Huh? The DA wants the strongest players that can pay the money like every other league. Some of those players want to participate in HS soccer and some do not.
Of course they “want” every good player. But they also are willing to accept reality and if there are players who are more concerned with the social aspects they accept that reality. It’s not a player they want to fight over
Reply With Quote
  #30  
Old 4 Weeks Ago
Unregistered
Guest
 
Posts: n/a
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post
Of course they “want” every good player. But they also are willing to accept reality and if there are players who are more concerned with the social aspects they accept that reality. It’s not a player they want to fight over
HS soccer is also funded by the community instead of the players pocket so in spite of your simplistic dismissal the situation is more complex.

but at the end of the day, all club soccer is pay to play from ecnl and gda on down except for mls da.
Reply With Quote
Reply

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may post new threads
You may post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is Off
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 09:21 AM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.5
Copyright ©2000 - 2019, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.