Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Unregistered View Post
    They are definitely a solid team and are well organized, but I was surprised to see them lose against Wayland this past weekend who are not very strong
    First half was more or less even, but Bedford absolutely dominated the entirety of the second, with wave after wave of penetration deep into the Wayland end, doing everything but getting the equalizer. They finally broke through late, but in a cruel twist, Wayland, which had barely crossed midfield in the half, then capitalized on a rebound off a free kick to net the winner.

Comment

Weymouth Heldon for 1-0 win over Braintree. Braintree keeper made error before half or would have been a tie. Two even teams. Very slight advantage Weymouth at home.
      Even teams? What on earth game were you watching? Did Braintree even have a shot on goal? Nothing that I can remember. Weymouths keeper only touched the ball kn the occasional goal kick. The game was much closer than it ever should’ve been.

Terrible goal to give up by the keeper but he also made 6-7 excellent saves of break seats, headers from in tight, and other chances. Gave could’ve easily been 5-0 at halftime.

I would review your eye sight and perspective about watching soccer the next time to go and watch a game.

Comment

Weymouth Heldon for 1-0 win over Braintree. Braintree keeper made error before half or would have been a tie. Two even teams. Very slight advantage Weymouth at home.
        I don’t recall Braintree having a quality shot on net. If Weymouth had someone that could hit the side of a barn it would have been 7 or 8 to nothing.

Comment

Medway defeated Dedham 5-0. It was reported Dedham with a 5-0 win, which is incorrect.

Comment

Lol Braintree. 4-1 L vs. Xaverian. Enough is enough with the Braintree talk.

Comment

Top 25 Rankings

Here are my Top 25 Rankings after the 1st month

1. St Johns Prep
              2. Lincoln-Sudbury
              3. Framingham
              4. Lexington
              5. Nauset
              6. Bedford
              7. Needham
              8. Weymouth
              9. North Andover
              10. Concord-Carlisle
              11. Natick
              12. Milford
              13. OA
              14. Scituate
              15. Cohasett
              16. King Phillip
              17. Brockton
              18. Hingham
              19. Silver Lake
              20. Medway
              21. BC High
              22. Winchester
              23. Norwell
              24. Wellesley
              25. Medford

Just outside: Xaverian, Pembroke, A-B, revere, New Bedford, Franklin, Watertown, Reading, Beverly, Norton, Duxbury, Rockland

Breaking down the list: Top 8 team are on a Tier of their own. D1 North will be fun to watch come tournament time.

9-25 are all possible interchangeable depending on who can put together a run during the 2nd half of the season and who struggles down the stretch. I expect Wellesley to drop out with a tough second half of the season. Silver lake and Hingham will pad their win totals but neither have a impressive win yet. OA and Milford are the class of the Hock and will give Nauset a good challenge in the D2 south.

Teams who could move into the top 25 soon, next 4 who will be in over the next week or so. Rockland ( haven’t really played anyone impactful) Watertown, reading, and Beverly

Comment

1. St Johns Prep
                2. Lincoln-Sudbury
                3. Framingham
                4. Lexington
                5. Nauset
                6. Bedford
                7. Needham
                8. Weymouth
                9. North Andover
                10. Concord-Carlisle
                11. Natick
                12. Milford
                13. OA
                14. Scituate
                15. Cohasett
                16. King Phillip
                17. Brockton
                18. Hingham
                19. Silver Lake
                20. Medway
                21. BC High
                22. Winchester
                23. Norwell
                24. Wellesley
                25. Medford

Just outside: Xaverian, Pembroke, A-B, revere, New Bedford, Franklin, Watertown, Reading, Beverly, Norton, Duxbury, Rockland

Breaking down the list: Top 8 team are on a Tier of their own. D1 North will be fun to watch come tournament time.

9-25 are all possible interchangeable depending on who can put together a run during the 2nd half of the season and who struggles down the stretch. I expect Wellesley to drop out with a tough second half of the season. Silver lake and Hingham will pad their win totals but neither have a impressive win yet. OA and Milford are the class of the Hock and will give Nauset a good challenge in the D2 south.

Teams who could move into the top 25 soon, next 4 who will be in over the next week or so. Rockland ( haven’t really played anyone impactful) Watertown, reading, and Beverly

Ultimately, the champion will come from D1 North. Framingham and Lexington are top teams. Haven't seen SJP or LS yet. The south has little to offer. Weymouth looks to be best but really not so strong.

Comment

Ultimately, the champion will come from D1 North. Framingham and Lexington are top teams. Haven't seen SJP or LS yet. The south has little to offer. Weymouth looks to be best but really not so strong.
                  So unfortunately as we’ve seen in the past it’s not always the best team that wins eastern mass. I expect the North to be a blood bath so it’s possible by the time they get to the EMASS finals they could be pretty beat up compared to a Weymouth, Brockton, or Needham who are likely favorites out of the south.

Comment

So unfortunately as we’ve seen in the past it’s not always the best team that wins eastern mass. I expect the North to be a blood bath so it’s possible by the time they get to the EMASS finals they could be pretty beat up compared to a Weymouth, Brockton, or Needham who are likely favorites out of the south.
                    Prep at Needham tonite will be telling. Haven't seen Needham but my take on Prep is that they are good but definitely beatable by a good team that doesn't give away goals.

Comment

Prep at Needham tonite will be telling. Haven't seen Needham but my take on Prep is that they are good but definitely beatable by a good team that doesn't give away goals.
                      I think Needham got a week off at the right time after getting thumped by Lexington 4-1 last Saturday. After knowing and seeing St Johns play a few times, I expect them win 2-1 over Needham tonight.

Comment

1. St Johns Prep
                        2. Lincoln-Sudbury
                        3. Framingham
                        4. Lexington
                        5. Nauset
                        6. Bedford
                        7. Needham
                        8. Weymouth
                        9. North Andover
                        10. Concord-Carlisle
                        11. Natick
                        12. Milford
                        13. OA
                        14. Scituate
                        15. Cohasett
                        16. King Phillip
                        17. Brockton
                        18. Hingham
                        19. Silver Lake
                        20. Medway
                        21. BC High
                        22. Winchester
                        23. Norwell
                        24. Wellesley
                        25. Medford

Why is Brockton so high? By my table, they lost to Scituate, Xaverian, and BC High.

Comment

Medford 6
                          Lowell 0

Comment

It's absolutely terrible that North and South always play in the semi

Comment

On a great second half, Framingham rolled over Somerville 3-1. Only shot of second half was the goal from Somerville on the last play of the game

Comment

It's absolutely terrible that North and South always play in the semi
                                Rough population of the sections:

800,000 in west
                                800,000 in central

2,600,000 in north
                                2,600,000 in south

http://worldpopulationreview.com/sta...ensityByCounty

Comment

Previously entered content was automatically saved. Restore or Discard.
                                Auto-Saved
                                x
                                Insert: Thumbnail Small Medium Large Fullsize Remove  
                                x
                                Working...
                                X