X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

This is the end....

Dear Readers,

Listen now to my humble tale, of risk and reward, that regrettably finally failed.

After 7 years of great success, of practices diligently attended, of far-off games never missed, my only child has called it quits...

Cry not for what you will miss, for not all tears are an evil, as the seasons turn so shall we, to another time, but nowhere near as sweet....

Originally posted by Unregistered View Post
    Dear Readers,

Listen now to my humble tale, of risk and reward, that regrettably finally failed.

After 7 years of great success, of practices diligently attended, of far-off games never missed, my only child has called it quits...

Cry not for what you will miss, for not all tears are an evil, as the seasons turn so shall we, to another time, but nowhere near as sweet....

Did your child call it quits because of the nonsense or because it no longer interested them? How old is he/she?

I wish your family the best as with this end starts a new beginning.

Comment

Did your child call it quits because of the nonsense or because it no longer interested them? How old is he/she?

#Wimp

Comment

It was a combination of things, as with all important matters, the heart wants what the heart wants, and the brain will follow....

17 years young, and 17 years old...

Comment

Dear Readers,

Don't quit. never quit. seems like there was dedication there, and still is.

Comment

This is the end....

Dear Readers,

stop your whining and complaining...this is life and "nothing gold can stay" ponyboy.
            soccer is not life, this is all just a short chapter in hopefully a long and happy story...best of luck for jr.

Comment

I didn’t quit, he/she did, but I use the word (quit) to avoid the morons who would comment otherwise. If I had said, she not only stopped playing, but has left the sport entirely, doesn't even watch on TV, and tries to seem interested when I mention a player he/she use to play with doing something notable. My child retired from soccer, which is both the same as, and completely different than quitting....

Comment

stop your whining and complaining...this is life and "nothing gold can stay" ponyboy.
                soccer is not life, this is all just a short chapter in hopefully a long and happy story...best of luck for jr.
                Its more like poetic whining, something your wife does when she describes your dick...

Comment

I didn’t quit, he/she did, but I use the word (quit) to avoid the morons who would comment otherwise. If I had said, she not only stopped playing, but has left the sport entirely, doesn't even watch on TV, and tries to seem interested when I mention a player he/she use to play with doing something notable. My child retired from soccer, which is both the same as, and completely different than quitting....
                  oops, gave that one away...bad me.

Comment

well, my words were meant for your kid, not you. and you are convoluting everything,, your kid quit. i'm not here to debate with you, i read your post and figured i would give some encouraging words, but i am sure you have done that already for your kid. have a nice day.

Comment

Kids burn out, decide to focus on other things. It is a part of growing up. It's not quitting so much as departing for something else they feel more passionate about.

Comment

well, my words were meant for your kid, not you. and you are convoluting everything,, your kid quit. i'm not here to debate with you, i read your post and figured i would give some encouraging words, but i am sure you have done that already for your kid. have a nice day.
                        For my kid, hahahaha, as if.....

Thanks for your support!

Comment

I'm about out after 15 years of coaching as well. My older kids are already aged out and my youngest sons team is merging with an older one and he isn't too thrilled at the idea. He hasn't made a final decision yet but he is leaning towards hanging up his cleats.

Comment

I'm about out after 15 years of coaching as well. My older kids are already aged out and my youngest sons team is merging with an older one and he isn't too thrilled at the idea. He hasn't made a final decision yet but he is leaning towards hanging up his cleats.
                            Life is short so what makes you happy. I think a a lot of kids get on the treadmill at an early age then don't know how to get off. Learning the signs of unhappiness or even general malaise will serve them well in life, especially in a career. Identify it, explore why, see if a change helps, make a decision to stay/move on.

Comment

Life is short so what makes you happy. I think a a lot of kids get on the treadmill at an early age then don't know how to get off. Learning the signs of unhappiness or even general malaise will serve them well in life, especially in a career. Identify it, explore why, see if a change helps, make a decision to stay/move on.
                              Perfectly said!

Comment

Previously entered content was automatically saved. Restore or Discard.
                              Auto-Saved
                              x
                              Insert: Thumbnail Small Medium Large Fullsize Remove  
                              x
                              Working...
                              X