X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Unregistered View Post
    This thread ..wow just wow.
    What’s so “wow” about it. This entire site is filled with BS. And there are threads a hundred times worse than this one. No names named, so what gives, coach?

Comment

You’ve exposed me for the pedophile, money grabbing, gambling, drinking banging my assistant coach,pathological lying,ego maniac, power trip having,no clue having Jr league soccer trainer.

Did I miss anything ?
      Oh yeah.! **** stirring botn ts thread posting no license having,piece of ****!

Comment

TBH if you could just show up on time and work hard at what was promised when you took the player into the club and took the money, no would care as much about all that.

Respect is earned.

Comment

You left out kick and run teaching ...!

Comment

There are coaches who can get results, they happen to be truly awful human beings as well. In fairness, it’s gotta be exhausting constantly appeasing loudmouth parents, telling them what they want to hear so they keep writing those nice big checks. So it depends what you mean by “worst”.

Truly awful human beings get short term results especially with kids. Dealing with "loudmouth" parents is difficult but maybe "some" wouldn't be loudmouths if the coach or organization didn't say one thing and did another and showed their hand as being a scab.

Comment

I believe reasonable parents and reasonable coaches can agree that there is bad on both sides. What I find from being on both sides (coach and parent) there are few good coaches that stay the course and don't get infected by the nonsense coming from above. Parents even the unreasonable ones can be managed with honestly. They may not agree or want to hear what you are saying but if you say one thing and do another you will cause yourself many more problems. Everyone's mileage is different but to me honesty and communication is key.

Coaches do yourselves a favor and learn not to lie and treat these kids as you would want a coach to treat your kid. You will have much less problems. Or take the other route and your name will end up circulating around this very small community as a dirtbag.

Comment

TBH if you could just show up on time and work hard at what was promised when you took the player into the club and took the money, no would care as much about all that.

Respect is earned.
                I agree with this. Nothing worse than seeing a coach not there at start of practice week after week and doing the same drills over and over because he or she doesn't give a shot about anything other than the paycheck.

Comment

I believe reasonable parents and reasonable coaches can agree that there is bad on both sides. What I find from being on both sides (coach and parent) there are few good coaches that stay the course and don't get infected by the nonsense coming from above. Parents even the unreasonable ones can be managed with honestly. They may not agree or want to hear what you are saying but if you say one thing and do another you will cause yourself many more problems. Everyone's mileage is different but to me honesty and communication is key.

Coaches do yourselves a favor and learn not to lie and treat these kids as you would want a coach to treat your kid. You will have much less problems. Or take the other route and your name will end up circulating around this very small community as a dirtbag.
                  You think parents are reasonable!!! LOL every team i've been on has been quarterbacked from the sidelines.Parents wanting a word with the coach after every game to explain himself and his decisions. Most of these idiots think teams are run for their own kids benefit and are always playing the victim card. Glad mine graduates this summer!!!

Comment

I agree with this. Nothing worse than seeing a coach not there at start of practice week after week and doing the same drills over and over because he or she doesn't give a shot about anything other than the paycheck.
                    so you're specifically talking about ECNL coaches

got it

Comment

so you're specifically talking about ECNL coaches

got it
                      I'd hope they were being held accountable

Comment

You think parents are reasonable!!! LOL every team i've been on has been quarterbacked from the sidelines.Parents wanting a word with the coach after every game to explain himself and his decisions. Most of these idiots think teams are run for their own kids benefit and are always playing the victim card. Glad mine graduates this summer!!!
                        The entire team pays and part of the fee is supposed to be for a coach skilled enough to handle toxic parents. When toxic parents run a team, players leave the team. When toxic parents are controlled, players stay.

Comment

Agreed, perhaps part of the problem is when you ask a coach to treat the kids as they would want their own kid to be treated, they have no clue, because a lot of them do not have kids of their own. Generally speaking.

Comment

Worst Long Island Coach

Agreed, perhaps part of the problem is when you ask a coach to treat the kids as they would want their own kid to be treated, they have no clue, because a lot of them do not have kids of their own. Generally speaking.
                            I have 3 boys all played or playing for academies and/or local teams. All competitive and Higher than average level. Some coaches had kids on the team...others didn't. I prefer the coach with no kids....I prefer the coach that does not pamper the kids, wet nurse them, and or kiss their boo boos and or listen to the kids pathetic little feelings.

Generally speaking, I always preferred the coach that teach toughness above all else....If you perform well you get more playing time, Not performing well... less playing time (and encouraged to work harder).

Coaches Job is to Say...Kids Job is to do.

Comment

Clearly written by a coach. Must also be speaking about his assigned age group of girls. Sick.

Comment

I have 3 boys all played or playing for academies and/or local teams. All competitive and Higher than average level. Some coaches had kids on the team...others didn't. I prefer the coach with no kids....I prefer the coach that does not pamper the kids, wet nurse them, and or kiss their boo boos and or listen to the kids pathetic little feelings.

Generally speaking, I always preferred the coach that teach toughness above all else....If you perform well you get more playing time, Not performing well... less playing time (and encouraged to work harder).

Coaches Job is to Say...Kids Job is to do.
                                Wonder if you'd feel the same if your 3 were girls?

Comment

Previously entered content was automatically saved. Restore or Discard.
                                Auto-Saved
                                x
                                Insert: Thumbnail Small Medium Large Fullsize Remove  
                                x
                                Working...
                                X