Talking-Soccer.com

Go Back   Talking-Soccer.com > Soccer By Region / State > Region 3 > Florida > Talking Florida Politics

Notices

Talking Florida Politics Political discussions that have nothing to do with Soccer. The political side of Florida (Public Sector only, not your child's placement and the politics therein or perceived)

Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
  #11  
Old 07-30-2019
Unregistered
Guest
 
Posts: n/a
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post
You missed the point. We are all racist. Try to be less racist.
To make a blanket statement that everyone is racists shows how much you're controlled by the thinking of others. You're obviously struggling with your own racism but that doesn't mean you should paint everybody with your own brush. Disagreement, opinion, and ideology don't always = racism. That is a tactic used when you don't have an educated reason why you actually disagree with someone else. It's a sad time in America when judgment outweighs differences of opinion.
Reply With Quote
  #12  
Old 07-30-2019
Unregistered
Guest
 
Posts: n/a
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post
To make a blanket statement that everyone is racists shows how much you're controlled by the thinking of others. You're obviously struggling with your own racism but that doesn't mean you should paint everybody with your own brush. Disagreement, opinion, and ideology don't always = racism. That is a tactic used when you don't have an educated reason why you actually disagree with someone else. It's a sad time in America when judgment outweighs differences of opinion.
I think you are missing the point. Don’t think of me as an adversary. Have you ever lied? Have you ever had a narcissist trait? Have you ever had an opinion on a person where race factored into it? Unless you are a bot,the answer is of course yes. I am sure you are a great person. Reasonable at times and rationalizing at times. Just like the rest of the world. Now I would avoid ever calling you a liar, a narcissist or a racist. I might say that some of your options and statements are some of those things, but that would not really be constructive. It certainly wouldn’t help you see that you were acting in those manners. You would get defensive and start to rationalize what you had done. But you you wouldn’t be any less of those things. You wouldn’t be a better person, you would just be defensive. You should take the approach that you have all these attributes to some degree and many many others and try to minimize or maximize them based upon there desire ability as traits.

Think of this as logic and personal development suggestions and not something that is attacking your ego.

Best regards!
Reply With Quote
  #13  
Old 07-31-2019
Unregistered
Guest
 
Posts: n/a
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post
I think you are missing the point. Don’t think of me as an adversary. Have you ever lied? Have you ever had a narcissist trait? Have you ever had an opinion on a person where race factored into it? Unless you are a bot,the answer is of course yes. I am sure you are a great person. Reasonable at times and rationalizing at times. Just like the rest of the world. Now I would avoid ever calling you a liar, a narcissist or a racist. I might say that some of your options and statements are some of those things, but that would not really be constructive. It certainly wouldn’t help you see that you were acting in those manners. You would get defensive and start to rationalize what you had done. But you you wouldn’t be any less of those things. You wouldn’t be a better person, you would just be defensive. You should take the approach that you have all these attributes to some degree and many many others and try to minimize or maximize them based upon there desire ability as traits.

Think of this as logic and personal development suggestions and not something that is attacking your ego. race?

Best regards!
This world would be a much better place if you would focus your energy on looking for the good in people rather than their shortcomings. Have you ever told the truth? Have you ever sacrificed for another? Have you ever held a high opinion of someone from another country or Race? Unless you’re just evil to the core, the answer is of course, yes. It’s very simple. We live in world filled with hate, envy, and judgment where most people choose to see the ugliness in others. It’s much easier to tear someone down than to build them up. You should take the approach that there is still good in most people and less judgment of others would go a long way. Think of it as logic and personal development and something to improve upon. As much as you would want people to think, not everyone is a racist.
Reply With Quote
  #14  
Old 07-31-2019
Unregistered
Guest
 
Posts: n/a
Default

You are missing the point again. The OP was trying to draw out the current wedge issue of calling or rather leveling people racists. The analogy was poor but this is the current rage in the political rage and this is clearly crafted to draw this current debate here. My entire point was that this whole mindset is not constructive and does nothing to make you or the world better. It is filled with subjectivity and obfuscation. It is rather like many other wedge issues where everyone is right but they all disagree and nothing changes in the end. Far better to approach the world with the view and logic I alluded to to make yourself a better contributor . It is not something you accuse other people of or denegrate others with. Just something for you to focus on within yourself rather than trying to figure out where the current line is on being a racist or a liar and trying to feed your ego.

Think better, be better
Best regards
Reply With Quote
  #15  
Old 08-01-2019
Unregistered
Guest
 
Posts: n/a
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post
You are missing the point again. The OP was trying to draw out the current wedge issue of calling or rather leveling people racists. The analogy was poor but this is the current rage in the political rage and this is clearly crafted to draw this current debate here. My entire point was that this whole mindset is not constructive and does nothing to make you or the world better. It is filled with subjectivity and obfuscation. It is rather like many other wedge issues where everyone is right but they all disagree and nothing changes in the end. Far better to approach the world with the view and logic I alluded to to make yourself a better contributor . It is not something you accuse other people of or denegrate others with. Just something for you to focus on within yourself rather than trying to figure out where the current line is on being a racist or a liar and trying to feed your ego.

Think better, be better
Best regards
Thank you for your concern. Maybe, you ought to heed your own advice. Calling everyone racist is a far cry from being a better contributor. Not much logic in that! Best regards!
Reply With Quote
  #16  
Old 08-01-2019
Unregistered
Guest
 
Posts: n/a
Default

Missing the point again. You shouldn’t focus on what someone is calling you. That is your ego at work and it gets defense. Everyone’s approach should be that they biologically have have racist traits, no matter how small. When you focus on what other people say and whether you have stepped over the racist line, you stop making yourself a better person. Your ego focuses on that attack. Much like what has happened here. You don’t improve yourself self and understand how others perceive you. You just go on defense. Have you made yourself any less of your negative traits through this discussion? You spent a lot of energy rationalizing you’re self though. That is your ego at work. Keep trying.

Best regards !!
Reply With Quote
  #17  
Old 08-01-2019
Unregistered
Guest
 
Posts: n/a
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post
Missing the point again. You shouldn’t focus on what someone is calling you. That is your ego at work and it gets defense. Everyone’s approach should be that they biologically have have racist traits, no matter how small. When you focus on what other people say and whether you have stepped over the racist line, you stop making yourself a better person. Your ego focuses on that attack. Much like what has happened here. You don’t improve yourself self and understand how others perceive you. You just go on defense. Have you made yourself any less of your negative traits through this discussion? You spent a lot of energy rationalizing you’re self though. That is your ego at work. Keep trying.

Best regards !!
That’s the dumbest hippie tree hugging shît I heard since the debates last night. We aren’t born with a biological make up for racism. We are all born inherently good without prejudice or judgement. Racism is learned behavior from people like you who preach that stupid shît. Ever watch a room full of toddlers play? They play with each other without fear of judgment, intolerance, color, race, or gender. They play together because of the inherent good in them. They don’t see through the same racist lenses that you obviously do. They don’t become “racist” until someone teaches them how to be. The problem with your new age bullshît is your subscribing to an ideology with no scientific basis. My guess is some Birkenstock wearing professor told you how to”feel” when people have a difference of opinion. Slapping the racist label on everything and anyone who has opposite views than you is just ignorant. Try to not be so negative and racist towards others. Make this less about your own ego and open yourself up to the good in others. Best regards
Reply With Quote
  #18  
Old 08-01-2019
Unregistered
Guest
 
Posts: n/a
Default

This thread must be a Russian troll bot arguing with itself. It's impossible to untangle what either "side" is trying to say.
Reply With Quote
  #19  
Old 08-01-2019
Unregistered
Guest
 
Posts: n/a
Default

Still not getting the point.

I realize that the OP constructed this with the goal of someone calling him a racist so that the your argument could made. I am well aware that your intent is try to make an argument against what you think is the argument against you. You are missing many of my points and attributing a few things to my argument that are misperceptions.

It is pretty clear that my point is not about calling people racists or liar or saints or sages. The whole notion of being fixated on what someone is calling you is about tour ego. I suspect You are not here to learn anything, you are here to make tour point and impress it on other people and impress other people.

What I am suggesting is that you discard that goal. Think of this exercise as something you can employ for all traits good or bad. Think of the spectrum of negative attributes you have, no matter how small. Surly there are thousands. Think of all the good attributes you have, lest say there are thousands. Then take each one and try to improve it.

This focusbthat you have is on making yourself right. You should focus on being the best person you can be. This is not me attacking you. This is me offering a tool all of us can employ to make the world the best place that it can be.

Cheers and Beat regards!
I enjoy our exchange .
Reply With Quote
  #20  
Old 08-01-2019
Unregistered
Guest
 
Posts: n/a
Default

Buddha against Trump here.
Reply With Quote
Reply

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may post new threads
You may post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is Off
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 05:57 PM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.5
Copyright ©2000 - 2019, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.