X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Unregistered View Post
    he lives in your head, but on TS I highly doubt it
    he doesn't give a Schit what you think, because he doesn't think you know anything
    tell'em, Jack.

Comment

This is actually funny. You are certainly spending a lot of time and effort defending yourself, I mean JN.
      “Pay no attention to the man behind the curtain.”
      I simply don't like people making baseless accusations
      prove your point
      and this takes very little time

Comment

They don't amount to the same thing, if you think they do you're just missing the point. The "BEST" players in Connecticut, struggle to succeed at the next level, let alone the "Highest Level" if they are poorly placed. Jenna for example was a great high school player, one of the best, can't argue that and I believe she prepared herself for college. But the reality is, she just isn't at the level for where she decided to go and if you think BC is the "highest level" you're beyond out of touch. Clearly, the kid loves the school, enjoys the location, whatever...if she wanted more time on the field, she would have left.

My point is, if clubs actually took some time to connect kids with appropriate schools beyond the "D1" pipeline, perhaps there would be more success on the field. It's not about this club preparing better than that club...the soccer is just all the same at this point. It's how they're preparing them for the decision making process that CT clubs have just dropped the ball on.
        you do realize that soccer is just one of the Pros/cons to picking a school
        most families want the 3 hour circle-that limits your choices
        finances, size of school,city/rural,major
        there is very little $$$ in women's soccer after college and very few who even want that , never mind attain that

Comment

you do realize that soccer is just one of the Pros/cons to picking a school
          most families want the 3 hour circle-that limits your choices
          finances, size of school,city/rural,major
          there is very little $$$ in women's soccer after college and very few who even want that , never mind attain that
          you're right, i agree with you. hopefully, these kids are picking the school first and the soccer second. but, if the soccer is a very impart part of the decision for them and the deciding factor on where they go, why isn't the help there to help make them make informed decisions on whether or not they'll actually play. clubs are quick to promote kids that end up in a college playing, that's about the only role they play in the process.

Comment

They don't amount to the same thing, if you think they do you're just missing the point. The "BEST" players in Connecticut, struggle to succeed at the next level, let alone the "Highest Level" if they are poorly placed. Jenna for example was a great high school player, one of the best, can't argue that and I believe she prepared herself for college. But the reality is, she just isn't at the level for where she decided to go and if you think BC is the "highest level" you're beyond out of touch. Clearly, the kid loves the school, enjoys the location, whatever...if she wanted more time on the field, she would have left.

My point is, if clubs actually took some time to connect kids with appropriate schools beyond the "D1" pipeline, perhaps there would be more success on the field. It's not about this club preparing better than that club...the soccer is just all the same at this point. It's how they're preparing them for the decision making process that CT clubs have just dropped the ball on.
            JB has started almost every game of her college career. She has appeared in 58 matches and started 56 of them (97%). How can you say she has been poorly placed? Furthermore, she plays in the ACC - which happens to have 5 teams ranked in the top 10 at the moment. BC beat Florida State last year, and JB scored one of the goals.....and surely you know Florida State won the national title last year, right? She is playing at the highest level....how much higher do you want her to go?

Comment

No one should be surprised at this. As someone said when did a CT team win a national title? Or even win a national tournament event? Bigger states, and especially out west, is there the top teams and players come from. College soccer is a tremendous funnel and the sooner kids/families come to grip with that the better. The odds of playing all four years, let alone be an impact player, are very low. You'll only lessen your odds if you over reach on the soccer rather than finding a good fit.
              dont get sucked into that thinking. Top players come from all over the USA. Team success is not about top players. Its about their worst being better than your worst. Thats depth and numbers. Dont confuse the 2. If you look at the very best College teams, they have players from all over the USA ion them.

The odds of being great at anything are low. The problem here is Clubs have to tell as many players as they can that they are great. GREAT as a term has become cheap in the era of club sports.

I have seen a few great players in 10 years of involvement in girls club soccer in the NY,NJ,CT and MA. Most of the ones i considered great have been impact players in College, not all. Being a great HS player is as much about where you play as how good you are. I have seen many great HS players who struggled to get recruited by good soccer schools because coaches at the next level look past all that.

Sport is singular. Great is great. The problem here is that marketing men at Clubs need to tell everyone they are great so its now its up to parents to inject a dose of reality. Very few will do that because they just dont know any better.

Comment

Fact is that HS graduation is the STOP sign for 95% of these kids- that's the crime
                why do we spend our time trashing the 5% that actually got interest and made a college roster (the next level)-we should be applauding those kids- they all obviously worked hard to become the best college prospects in the state
                yet the 95% who played and payed gobs of cash just fade away at the end of their senior seasons
                if they show up on this site it means they actually can play at a high level
                Exaggeration. Saying a player is not great is not trashing them. Most of the time its the truth. Did they work hard? i dont know. Some for sure have not BUT may be more athletically gifted than some who worked their tails off and could not make it. Some may have wealthier parents who could afford to go to a school without $$. Some may have alumni connections. Some may be super intelligent and content with bringing up the team GPA.

Point is we dont know every situation so its hard to generalize. I choose to celebrate the ones who I know have done things that i respect. Thats a small circle of kids I know. The rest, its up to those around them to decide. I dont believe in the blanket "we should celebrate the 5%" .

Comment

JB has started almost every game of her college career. She has appeared in 58 matches and started 56 of them (97%). How can you say she has been poorly placed? Furthermore, she plays in the ACC - which happens to have 5 teams ranked in the top 10 at the moment. BC beat Florida State last year, and JB scored one of the goals.....and surely you know Florida State won the national title last year, right? She is playing at the highest level....how much higher do you want her to go?
                  St Joes produces the best players

Comment

you are way off. you act like soccer is the only component of their decision. Unless you know JB personally and know she feels she was poorly advised, then you have zero basis for the comment. she seems to have had an OK career at BC and played a ton of minutes so its hard to argue it was a bad soccer fit. You and I have no clue on the academic side. For you to decide what was appropriate for her is beyond arrogant.

The only thing I can comment on is a GREAT striker scores a lot more that 10g in 3 years of heavy minutes.

Comment

Stop with the FSU thing. That does not define highest level. Jb would struggle to get minutes on a top team. Thats just a fact. Is that negative on her, absolutely not. She plays AGAINST some of the top teams. Big difference.

Comment

Yup. The true unicorns are just that, unicorns that only come around once every decade. Same with CT club teams - when was the last time any CT team did well on the national stage? Look at the rosters of top college programs - very few come from the NE. Plenty of CT players will play in college and do just fine, get a good education, but CT is a small fish in a very big pond.
                        Two CFC United teams have gone to the ECNL national champions league for the past two years

Comment

you are way off. you act like soccer is the only component of their decision. Unless you know JB personally and know she feels she was poorly advised, then you have zero basis for the comment. she seems to have had an OK career at BC and played a ton of minutes so its hard to argue it was a bad soccer fit. You and I have no clue on the academic side. For you to decide what was appropriate for her is beyond arrogant.

The only thing I can comment on is a GREAT striker scores a lot more that 10g in 3 years of heavy minutes.
                          not the OP. but your last sentence, 10 goals/3 years, doesn't help your argument.

Comment

Two CFC United teams have gone to the ECNL national champions league for the past two years
                            CFC is the only real club in Connecticut.

Comment

Champions LEAGUE where they did fine, not great. No title winners.

Comment

Stop with the FSU thing. That does not define highest level. Jb would struggle to get minutes on a top team. Thats just a fact. Is that negative on her, absolutely not. She plays AGAINST some of the top teams. Big difference.
                                Okay, let me try this again. ACC is the strongest league in women's D1 soccer. BC finished 4th out of 14 in the ACC last year (ahead of Florida State, the eventual national champion). JB scored the winning goal last year versus Florida State. BC had the leading scorer in the league, and MVP midfielder - Sam Coffey. What level is higher in your mind?

Don't let the facts get in the way of your narrative.

Comment

Previously entered content was automatically saved. Restore or Discard.
                                Auto-Saved
                                x
                                Insert: Thumbnail Small Medium Large Fullsize Remove  
                                x
                                Working...
                                X