GDA or ECNL?

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Can we stop using the term elite, your kid is not elite, Alex Morgan, Julie Ertz, etc. are elite. Your kid may be good, or even very good, but not elite. That's the true problem with youth soccer, too many parents think their kid is elite.

Comment

Originally posted by Unregistered View Post
      Can we stop using the term elite, your kid is not elite, Alex Morgan, Julie Ertz, etc. are elite. Your kid may be good, or even very good, but not elite. That's the true problem with youth soccer, too many parents think their kid is elite.
      you have no idea whose kids are or are not elite. if the point you are making is there are not many elite players around, then clearly that is true. the youth soccer industry is built on lying to parents who dont know any better so blaming them for buying in to it is harsh.

if i play on a team that is called elite, that wins games and my coaches keep telling me im elite, what am i supposed to believe?

if you want to know whose kids are/were elite, then look a the ones who are playing for the top college programs having success. Not too many from around here.

Comment

Of course we're elite. Says it right in our league name.

Comment

GDA or ECNL?

my kid plays in the extra elite league....so Hah!!!!! :)

Comment

I guess we can stop using the word "elite" if you guys agree to stop using the word "development"

Comment

Back to the OP's question. If your kid had an offer from an ECNL team and a DA team, what questions would you ask the coach? Besides the obvious (find the best coach, commute, cost), what would you want to know? Here's what I've seen here so far:

1. Coaching - what do you ask here?
              2. Cost
              3. Commuting Time
              4. Amount of Travel
              5. Playing Time
              when your kid is a starter, great. should be equal
              when your kid is not a starter, GDA guarantees 25% starts, ECNL does not.
              if ECNL and the club has ECRL team, they might be able to move between teams to get additional playing time. Not so with DA.
              6. High school ball

What else? My kid, like the OPs, is in the situation of making this choice. I've read all the GDA vs ECNL in the Northeast but she needs to make a choice between two teams/coaches now.

Comment

Back to the OP's question. If your kid had an offer from an ECNL team and a DA team, what questions would you ask the coach? Besides the obvious (find the best coach, commute, cost), what would you want to know? Here's what I've seen here so far:

2. Cost
                3. Commuting Time
                4. Amount of Travel
                5. Playing Time
                if ECNL and the club has ECRL team, they might be able to move between teams to get additional playing time. Not so with DA.
                6. High school ball

What else? My kid, like the OPs, is in the situation of making this choice. I've read all the GDA vs ECNL in the Northeast but she needs to make a choice between two teams/coaches now.
                1. Coaching - nothing you can ask.
                2.Cost - they are all pretty similar around 3K
                3. Commuting time. IMO only comes into play if everything else is =
                4. Amount of travel - similar
                5.Playing Time - ask how they see her contributing
                6. GDA if she isnt in HS or doesnt care about HS, otherwise ECNL.

My kid is leaving ECNL for GDA.

Comment

1. Coaching - nothing you can ask.
                  2.Cost - they are all pretty similar around 3K
                  3. Commuting time. IMO only comes into play if everything else is =
                  4. Amount of travel - similar
                  5.Playing Time - ask how they see her contributing
                  6. GDA if she isnt in HS or doesnt care about HS, otherwise ECNL.

My kid is leaving ECNL for GDA.
                  leaving what ECNL team for what gda team if you dont mind my asking.

Comment

Also - will she skip HS or will you join GDA after the HS season if you dont mind my asking?

Comment

Pick the best coaching and fit for your player, not the badge. It's that simple.
                      Wholeheartedly agree with this statement.

Comment

Interested in knowing if GDA has needs based scholarships?

Comment

Interested in knowing if GDA has needs based scholarships?
                          Not really. The income level required is extremely low. GDA really is yet another deluxe league for kids with lots of disposable income to cover the high costs.

Comment

Not really. The income level required is extremely low. GDA really is yet another deluxe league for kids with lots of disposable income to cover the high costs.
                            How low?

Comment

How low?
                              You should call but I believe it was less than 30,000.

Comment

2. Cost
                                3. Commuting Time
                                4. Amount of Travel
                                5. Playing Time
                                6. High school ball

Question if coach has ever been accused of being inappropriate with the players.

Comment

Previously entered content was automatically saved. Restore or Discard.
                                Auto-Saved
                                x
                                Insert: Thumbnail Small Medium Large Fullsize Remove  
                                x
                                Working...
                                X