Talking-Soccer.com

Go Back   Talking-Soccer.com > Soccer By Region / State > Region 3 > Louisiana

Notices

Louisiana Discussions about Louisiana soccer.

Old 04-27-2019
Unregistered

Default How much longer

'Till we get a coach ?!?!?
Old 07-02-2019
Unregistered

Surprised this wasn't updated. She was named as an interim. Good choice. Liked her when she was asst. coach previously and her recent team SEC/NCAA commentating. She was way better in breaking down the games and the players then her male NCAA commentating counterpart. He was a horror show. I thought he fell asleep sometimes.
Old 07-03-2019
Unregistered

Quote:
Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post
Surprised this wasn't updated. She was named as an interim. Good choice. Liked her when she was asst. coach previously and her recent team SEC/NCAA commentating. She was way better in breaking down the games and the players then her male NCAA commentating counterpart. He was a horror show. I thought he fell asleep sometimes.
She was an "Associate Head Coach" prior to her seemingly quiet departure from the staff a few years ago. Correct me if I'm wrong. What happened there ?

What does "interim" mean exactly ? She is a temporary head until they find a permanent one ? Which would imply they don't want her as the head coach long term but could not find a better permanent alternative.

I've seen that done mid-season (EO was interim before being named head) to get through to end, but this is not mid-season. I guess she knows the program as well as anyone.
Old 07-03-2019
Unregistered

Quote:
Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post
She was an "Associate Head Coach" prior to her seemingly quiet departure from the staff a few years ago. Correct me if I'm wrong. What happened there ?

What does "interim" mean exactly ? She is a temporary head until they find a permanent one ? Which would imply they don't want her as the head coach long term but could not find a better permanent alternative.

I've seen that done mid-season (EO was interim before being named head) to get through to end, but this is not mid-season. I guess she knows the program as well as anyone.
Maybe she isn't available for the head coaching job permanently at this time. Or maybe she is testing it out. She may have family obligations, etc. I think it's a good choice. She knows some of the girls as she was involved in their recruitment. Wishing her well and best of luck in the SEC. I think it's wide open this year.