Talking-Soccer.com

Go Back   Talking-Soccer.com > Soccer By Region / State > Region 1 > New York

Notices

New York Discussions about New York soccer.

Old 04-27-2019
Unregistered

Quote:
Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post
On the boys side, DA and EDP is where the best teams are for the northeast. I can honestly not speak at all on the girls side as I donít have a daughter, but hearing so much about GDA being a failure, Iím guessing itís ECNL over every league for northeast girl clubs
Top boys have it much better. There is nothing like the funded mls da teams on the girls side. The girls got an overpriced insulting imitation of what is available to boys. Girls would have been much better off if an equivalent da system for them had been launched at the same time it was for the boys. That failure opened the door for the ecnl cash cow to rise up and then the current garbage situation. Almost ready to bail on the entire enterprise and go back to rotating seasonal school sports as flawed as they are and be done with it.
Old 04-27-2019
Unregistered

Quote:
Top boys have it much better. There is nothing like the funded mls da teams on the girls side. The girls got an overpriced insulting imitation of what is available to boys. Girls would have been much better off if an equivalent da system for them had been launched at the same time it was for the boys. That failure opened the door for the ecnl cash cow to rise up and then the current garbage situation. Almost ready to bail on the entire enterprise and go back to rotating seasonal school sports as flawed as they are and be done with it.
USSF made a few terrible decisions. First like you said not doing GDA at the same time as BDA was a huge error. Then, one they did decide they had to do something (the need is there) they decided to try and reproduce ECNL in size and cost. They reached too big and underestimated the strength ECNL and the draw of HS soccer. Now people are disappointed in the experience and reconsidering all of it
Old 04-30-2019
Unregistered

Default Too Many Leagues is Killing Youth Soccer in America

Quote:
USSF made a few terrible decisions. First like you said not doing GDA at the same time as BDA was a huge error. Then, one they did decide they had to do something (the need is there) they decided to try and reproduce ECNL in size and cost. They reached too big and underestimated the strength ECNL and the draw of HS soccer. Now people are disappointed in the experience and reconsidering all of it
When will this stop? When we all stand up for ourselves
Old 04-30-2019
Unregistered

Quote:
are we saying to "unionize" in some way?...maybe not a bad idea.
Old 04-30-2019
Unregistered

Lets all call a strike and organize our our own scab league. The ecgda. End corruption girls development academy.
Old 04-30-2019
Unregistered

Quote:
The only way the leagues will listen is when the clubs walk en masse. The only way the clubs will listen is when the parents walk en masse. But parents won't, or ar least not enough numbers to make it hurt. And there's always someone waiting to fill a spot as soon as it opens up. Their kids wants to play and the higher leagues hold most of the cards for recruiting exposure. So, everyone deals with it and sucks it up.
Old 05-05-2019
Unregistered

Quote:
The only way the leagues will listen is when the clubs walk en masse. The only way the clubs will listen is when the parents walk en masse. But parents won't, or ar least not enough numbers to make it hurt. And there's always someone waiting to fill a spot as soon as it opens up. Their kids wants to play and the higher leagues hold most of the cards for recruiting exposure. So, everyone deals with it and sucks it up.
I think it's time to stand up to the monopolys. It sucks to watch watered down soccer while 3 or 4 kids carry a team. Parents just blindly write out the checks though
Old 05-05-2019
Unregistered

Smile

Quote:
I think it's time to stand up to the monopolys. It sucks to watch watered down soccer while 3 or 4 kids carry a team. Parents just blindly write out the checks though
If you want less leagues I believe you mean "I think it's time to stand up for the monopolies..."
Old 05-13-2019
Unregistered

Quote:
If you want less leagues I believe you mean "I think it's time to stand up for the monopolies..."
When is the meeting?
Old 05-21-2019
Unregistered

Quote:
Until you reverse that trend it will continue.