Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Unregistered View Post
    NESCAC is full of kids whose parents really need us to know they are really proud of them
    I’ll tell you precisely what NESCAC is full of: d3 “athletes” and drugs. And not necessarily in that order. Oh, and attitude, and plenty of legacy Spauldings. “Grandpa, I am NOT playing golf today. I’m playing TENNIS”

Comment

I’ll tell you precisely what NESCAC is full of: d3 “athletes” and drugs. And not necessarily in that order. Oh, and attitude, and plenty of legacy Spauldings. “Grandpa, I am NOT playing golf today. I’m playing TENNIS”
      Oh yes. Steer clear. Terrible places

Comment

Oh yes. Steer clear. Terrible places
        https://www.bowdoin.edu/security/pdf...-crime-log.pdf

Lots of other NESCAC schools don’t offer online access. I wonder why?

Comment

https://www.bowdoin.edu/security/pdf...-crime-log.pdf

Lots of other NESCAC schools don’t offer online access. I wonder why?
          Absolutely shocking behavior.... college students being found intoxicated and the smell of marijuana in a residence hall... really crazy to see this type of activity at college. 🙄

Comment

Absolutely shocking behavior.... college students being found intoxicated and the smell of marijuana in a residence hall... really crazy to see this type of activity at college. 🙄
            tsk tsk. Surely that type of outrageous behavior would never happen at a D1 institution where all the students are pure and good and above average.

Comment

Why would you go to some pimple-on-your-butt D3 in nowheresville to smoke weed when there are plenty of great D1s to smoke weed at? D3 weed smoking is for face savers who always bragged about and chased D1 weed but were lacking in either the smarts or weed-smoking ability to be anything more wannabe D1 one toke only kids. If you're not making money on weed at a D1 what's the point? Plus that's the only way my kids can go to college...if they can smoke weed but also get paid for smoking it. Every smart parent knows by the time their kid is 11 how good of a weed smoker she's going to be. It really all boils down to targeting where your kid is going to be the best weed smoker he can be.

Comment

tsk tsk. Surely that type of outrageous behavior would never happen at a D1 institution where all the students are pure and good and above average.
                But if you aren’t paying for your kid’s weed, what’s the big deal?

Comment

Why would you go to some pimple-on-your-butt D3 in nowheresville to smoke weed when there are plenty of great D1s to smoke weed at? D3 weed smoking is for face savers who always bragged about and chased D1 weed but were lacking in either the smarts or weed-smoking ability to be anything more wannabe D1 one toke only kids. If you're not making money on weed at a D1 what's the point? Plus that's the only way my kids can go to college...if they can smoke weed but also get paid for smoking it. Every smart parent knows by the time their kid is 11 how good of a weed smoker she's going to be. It really all boils down to targeting where your kid is going to be the best weed smoker he can be.
                  You are trying way too hard. Not reading past line one and a half. again, the less D3 weed your superstar smokes, the more left for mine.

Comment

You are trying way too hard. Not reading past line one and a half. again, the less D3 weed your superstar smokes, the more left for mine.
                    Then you missed their point. If all a kid wants to do is smoke weed and maybe play some soccer, where does it matter where they go to school? They’re not really motivated students. They can smoke weed at any division. Doing at D3 just costs the family a crap load of money so they can tell all their sideline buddies that they really care about education. The funny part is while that may be true, their kid doesn’t and they’re the one that has to take advantage of the situation. Can’t make a horse drink no matter how exclusive the pond is.

Comment

Then you missed their point. If all a kid wants to do is smoke weed and maybe play some soccer, where does it matter where they go to school? They’re not really motivated students. They can smoke weed at any division. Doing at D3 just costs the family a crap load of money so they can tell all their sideline buddies that they really care about education. The funny part is while that may be true, their kid doesn’t and they’re the one that has to take advantage of the situation. Can’t make a horse drink no matter how exclusive the pond is.
                      Some horses take advantage of their talent to access an educational institution where they will thrive be it d1, d2 or d3. Some horses go to drink from the educational trough, some from the soccer trough, and some from both. If they are going to party then they are wasting their time and money no matter what they choose.

Comment

Some horses take advantage of their talent to access an educational institution where they will thrive be it d1, d2 or d3. Some horses go to drink from the educational trough, some from the soccer trough, and some from both. If they are going to party then they are wasting their time and money no matter what they choose.
                        But those kids that do take advantage aren't likely to be spending their time smoking a whole bunch of weed are they now? The fact of the matter is there is drug screening at most D1 schools and the rigors of the situation usually dictate that kids can't be partying all the time if they want to succeed athletically never mind academically.

This discussion really strikes me of Lori Loughlin trying to push her party animal kid into USC. Some parents think the environment is all that matters and never really hold their kids accountable. Some of these soccer parents aren't all that dissimilar when you think about it.

Comment

Worked for my kid. Started smokin weed in our town weed club. At U-11 joined a local weed club, at U13 joined a regional weed club, and at U-15 was one of the top weed smokers in the state. Took private weed sessions as often as possible with his weed coach. Went to a top NESCAC college and smoked weed all the time. Graduated 4 years ago and now is the founder and general partner of one ot the largest weed manufacturing producers in the world. Not only is he rich and famous because of weed, but in a few years he will be able to join an Over-The-Hill-Weed team an smoke lots of weed and drink beer on Sunday mornings instead of going to church. Not a bad strategy for a youngster to follow!

Comment

But those kids that do take advantage aren't likely to be spending their time smoking a whole bunch of weed are they now? The fact of the matter is there is drug screening at most D1 schools and the rigors of the situation usually dictate that kids can't be partying all the time if they want to succeed athletically never mind academically.

This discussion really strikes me of Lori Loughlin trying to push her party animal kid into USC. Some parents think the environment is all that matters and never really hold their kids accountable. Some of these soccer parents aren't all that dissimilar when you think about it.
                            If she hadn’t gotten caught, Lori Loughlin and her daughter got exactly what they wanted out of USC, which was publicity for the daughter’s influencer business. She could chat up her online followers and show them how great she was to be there. The money she made from her sponsors probably exceeded the bribes that got her there. Sadly, life’s not fair for guys like you and me that actually work for a living. Hope the judge gives them the max and maybe that sends the right message to all the others, including any scheming soccer parents.

Comment

No, BTNT, you missed the point. I was parodying and mocking you.

Comment

No, BTNT, you missed the point. I was parodying and mocking you.
                                Still the same insane lunatic as always. You know nothing. Jump fishy.

Comment

Previously entered content was automatically saved. Restore or Discard.
                                Auto-Saved
                                x
                                Insert: Thumbnail Small Medium Large Fullsize Remove  
                                x
                                Working...
                                X