Inter Miami here we go!

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I was involved with a very good MLS DA program. They hit the ground running with all their teams about the same time as the start of the pro team. The DA has a practice/game facility of 1.5 outdoor turf fields, and indoor space with a weight room. It's a nice space. They also have access to the pro teams grass training facility from time to time, and they use that space for games. My point it that you don't need that much space to run a DA program.

I don't think you will see much politics involved with the Miami DA program. The MLS DA programs really try to do things the right way. I don't see this DA having trouble getting the funds to do things the right way.

Weston, Boca and Kendall will continue to go forward, there isn't a shortage of players here. I would also expect that Miami DA will recruit players from outside the Miami area.

Comment

Originally posted by Unregistered View Post
      I was involved with a very good MLS DA program. They hit the ground running with all their teams about the same time as the start of the pro team. The DA has a practice/game facility of 1.5 outdoor turf fields, and indoor space with a weight room. It's a nice space. They also have access to the pro teams grass training facility from time to time, and they use that space for games. My point it that you don't need that much space to run a DA program.

I don't think you will see much politics involved with the Miami DA program. The MLS DA programs really try to do things the right way. I don't see this DA having trouble getting the funds to do things the right way.

Weston, Boca and Kendall will continue to go forward, there isn't a shortage of players here. I would also expect that Miami DA will recruit players from outside the Miami area.
      Can a player that plays ECNL or regular league be scouted or does the player have to go through the DA program?

Comment

Can a player that plays ECNL or regular league be scouted or does the player have to go through the DA program?
        The DA does not care at all what your current club team situation is and they will look at talent anywhere. The free DA wants the best players. Miami will hold open tryouts. They will also take recommendations from area coaches and at some point will have a staff of ID scouts.

Comment

The DA does not care at all what your current club team situation is and they will look at talent anywhere. The free DA wants the best players. Miami will hold open tryouts. They will also take recommendations from area coaches and at some point will have a staff of ID scouts.
          There are MLS Scouts watching games behind the bushes trying to snatch whatever talent they can find before MLS Miami kicks in shhhhhhhhh..... reputable source.

Comment

There are MLS Scouts watching games behind the bushes trying to snatch whatever talent they can find before MLS Miami kicks in shhhhhhhhh..... reputable source.
            Shows how little you know. But getting an education is good for some. The majority of the top MLS DA programs have full-time scouts. Some have shared coaching responsibilities. I know because I worked for an MLS academy, but if you don’t believe me just go to the MLS DA websites. Miami will do it right too.

Comment

Lol. Most Players will be imported from South America

Comment

South American soccer sucks

Comment

They will run the academy for 2 or 3 years to make crazy parents and the city happy, then they will realize that the stadium is empty cant make any money when games are played at 90F , whites rich kids in Florida cant play soccer because the better athletes play football and basketball, they will sell the Mall that Jorge Mas is building and take the profit, close the academy just like Orlando City and give the middle finger to the city of Miami like they did with the Marlins stadium. This amendment should have never been approved.

Comment

They will run the academy for 2 or 3 years to make crazy parents and the city happy, then they will realize that the stadium is empty cant make any money when games are played at 90F , whites rich kids in Florida cant play soccer because the better athletes play football and basketball, they will sell the Mall that Jorge Mas is building and take the profit, close the academy just like Orlando City and give the middle finger to the city of Miami like they did with the Marlins stadium. This amendment should have never been approved.
                    Ha ha so **** you hater. Take your kid to lacrosse

Comment

You are an idiot. Trump won’t let it happen

Comment

Not happening! MLS profits are sky rocketing...

Comment

Ha ha so **** you hater. Take your kid to lacrosse
                          Thank I did try to take him to lacrosse but the players are also non athletic and slow like soccer. There is not a single top athlete in south Florida playing soccer. Beckham knows and he will fold the academy if he cannot bring players from overseas. I will take you to high school football game in Broward then I will take you to an academy game from Weston and you tell me the difference

Comment

Thank I did try to take him to lacrosse but the players are also non athletic and slow like soccer. There is not a single top athlete in south Florida playing soccer. Beckham knows and he will fold the academy if he cannot bring players from overseas. I will take you to high school football game in Broward then I will take you to an academy game from Weston and you tell me the difference
                            Many of the best athletes are busy doing your Mom

Comment

Originally posted by unregistered View Post
                              thank i did try to take him to lacrosse but the players are also non athletic and slow like soccer. There is not a single top athlete in south florida playing soccer. Beckham knows and he will fold the academy if he cannot bring players from overseas. I will take you to high school football game in broward then i will take you to an academy game from weston and you tell me the difference
                              sorry to say this guy is 100% correct

Comment

sorry to say this guy is 100% correct
                                The MLS DA programs are getting good results vs. Mexican clubs, which seem to have a better youth system than most of what South American countries offer. The MLS DA programs are also doing good things in international tournaments. The results are positive. S. FL have talent and the fact that it is a free DA will open doors for even more players. Beckham won't let this fail and that is a great thing for the kids in S. FL.

Comment

Previously entered content was automatically saved. Restore or Discard.
                                Auto-Saved
                                x
                                Insert: Thumbnail Small Medium Large Fullsize Remove  
                                x
                                Working...
                                X