Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

just shaking my head...

It’s sad that my kids (ages 3,7,8) had to ask me during the car ride home why the fans, coaches, and player were screaming profanity and obscenities at the referee (their dad) during the whole game.

Proof that this behavior is cannibalistic and is killing the future of officiating.

Originally posted by Unregistered View Post
    It’s sad that my kids (ages 3,7,8) had to ask me during the car ride home why the fans, coaches, and player were screaming profanity and obscenities at the referee (their dad) during the whole game.

Proof that this behavior is cannibalistic and is killing the future of officiating.
    Your husband is a ****ty ref and your kids should know what type of failure he is. IT is a harsh lesson, but they need to learn it.

Comment

Your husband is a ****ty ref and your kids should know what type of failure he is. IT is a harsh lesson, but they need to learn it.
      99.9% of those that biotch about refs have never been a referee. They think you should make perfect calls all the time just the way the "fans" think you should. These obnoxious fans/parents think they will get better treatment from refs when they show the arse when logic dictates the opposite. Fidiots.

Comment

your kids come and watch your ref games?

Comment

a certain amount of referee baiting is normal in this sport and it occurs in all countries. "Ref you're blind" etc. I agree it goes way overboard in too many instances and its because far as i can tell 1) there are some parents that consider youth soccer "therapy," i've heard a few parents say this, so they cleanse their inner animals at these games, 2) parents not understanding how kids can push/ be physical without it being a foul and/or uneven enforcement by refs, 3) lack of understanding that offsides is when the pass is made, not when received, and 4) overall lack of manners/ education in many instances, b/c even given 2) and 3), there's no excuse for some of the behavior that takes place.

Comment

a certain amount of referee baiting is normal in this sport and it occurs in all countries. "Ref you're blind" etc. I agree it goes way overboard in too many instances and its because far as i can tell 1) there are some parents that consider youth soccer "therapy," i've heard a few parents say this, so they cleanse their inner animals at these games, 2) parents not understanding how kids can push/ be physical without it being a foul and/or uneven enforcement by refs, 3) lack of understanding that offsides is when the pass is made, not when received, and 4) overall lack of manners/ education in many instances, b/c even given 2) and 3), there's no excuse for some of the behavior that takes place.
            Agreed. Ref banter is normal and can even be expected. Ref abuse is crossing a line any reasonable adult can see. Two of my kids because certified to ref games. Both quit after one season because they just got sick of it. One was almost physically assaulted. He's 6'3" and 200 pounds. Takes a serious "inner animal" to contemplate coming after him. The other had a half-full water bottle thrown at his legs.

I gather I'll get the "your kids are wimps if they can't take it" response, but it wasn't a matter of not being able to take it. They simply didn't want to. It wasn't worth $25 to get screamed at for an hour because parents couldn't control themselves at a game being played by 11 year old kids.

Comment

Agreed. Ref banter is normal and can even be expected. Ref abuse is crossing a line any reasonable adult can see. Two of my kids because certified to ref games. Both quit after one season because they just got sick of it. One was almost physically assaulted. He's 6'3" and 200 pounds. Takes a serious "inner animal" to contemplate coming after him. The other had a half-full water bottle thrown at his legs.

I gather I'll get the "your kids are wimps if they can't take it" response, but it wasn't a matter of not being able to take it. They simply didn't want to. It wasn't worth $25 to get screamed at for an hour because parents couldn't control themselves at a game being played by 11 year old kids.
              Same with mine - all three got certified, only one stuck with it (and not the one I would have expected either). Wasn't worth the harassment and money to the other two. The youngest was getting screamed at by parents in U10 REC games! As players they know that there are crazy parents. What they found more disappointing is when coaches behaved just as badly. They've been fortunate enough to have coaches who are better role models.

Comment

Previously entered content was automatically saved. Restore or Discard.
              Auto-Saved
              x
              Insert: Thumbnail Small Medium Large Fullsize Remove  
              x
              Working...
              X