Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Unregistered View Post
    This is the best time of the year for soccer. Beats the heck out a trip to Long Island to crush some over matched DA team.
    Did you hear that people?:
    The CIAC high school tournament is the best time of the year. Like, wow.

Comment

Not in terms of soccer but excitement. If your kid's team goes far in states it's a lot of fun.

Different poster

Comment

Not in terms of soccer but excitement. If your kid's team goes far in states it's a lot of fun.

Different poster
        you know what I dont understand. How was this even allowed in the first place? Most companies stopped this in the 90s

https://www.cnbc.com/2018/11/05/unde...ub-visits.html

Comment

you know what I dont understand. How was this even allowed in the first place? Most companies stopped this in the 90s

https://www.cnbc.com/2018/11/05/unde...ub-visits.html
          How is this relevant you dumbfuker

Comment

How is this relevant you dumbfuker
            He thinks he's funny equating one "wrong" with another. He's just an elitist snob who feels the need to complain about high school soccer. HS soccer is fun, kids have fun, hopefully they'll remain fans of the game once they stop playing. Who cares if it isn't top notch? When you are a parent you support your kids in whatever they want to so, whatever the level.

If it's so offensive to some of you, do us all a favor and don't come to games.

Comment

like wow?
              valley girl in DA houze

Comment

like wow?
                valley girl in DA houze
                I would rather have my kid be going down to VA for 1 game on Saturday to play in front of no one ..... And not be there to see them play either.

Comment

I would rather have my kid be going down to VA for 1 game on Saturday to play in front of no one ..... And not be there to see them play either.
                  Have your kid play for yankee then

Comment

Different poster
                    Do you get caught up in the moment whereby the volume of your voice yelling SEND IT increases as the team advances? That does sound fun.

Comment

Please sit down mr farrell

Comment

Do you get caught up in the moment whereby the volume of your voice yelling SEND IT increases as the team advances? That does sound fun.
                        That is my favorite. I love when parents yell send it. Holy jamoly. See morgan hs post.

Comment

The irony is that many of the same OW coaches that bash HS soccer and pretend it doesn’t exist we’re on HS sidelines 24 months ago cheering on kids from the club, celebrating their accolades and welcoming that back in November. The club took pride in the Glastonbury success and all state players the Club produced around the state.

The way some of these guys now act towards kids that opted out of the academy is pathetic.
                          I’m embarrassed for you guys.

The DA experiment is probably a 50/50 proposition at best. Wouldn’t be so smug and condescending

Comment

Yes it is fun, and funny. Too bad your kid missing it. Hopefully they won't have regrets later on in life.

Comment

The irony is that many of the same OW coaches that bash HS soccer and pretend it doesn’t exist we’re on HS sidelines 24 months ago cheering on kids from the club, celebrating their accolades and welcoming that back in November. The club took pride in the Glastonbury success and all state players the Club produced around the state.

The way some of these guys now act towards kids that opted out of the academy is pathetic.
                              I’m embarrassed for you guys.

The DA experiment is probably a 50/50 proposition at best. Wouldn’t be so smug and condescending
                              Very accurate post. A few of them have actually taken it pretty personally. It’s just youth soccer. A handful of these kids will go on to play in college
                              And the rest wrap it up as seniors in HS

If anything, I see the NPL teams as a lifeline for Oakwood.

Most of the kids have no interest in the academy and the people on here defending the thing are parents of middle school kids that have no clue and believe their kid is on the cusp of National team glory

I’ve got news for you. Long Island kids play high school soccer. Beating a watered down LI premier club isn’t impressive and frankly no one cares

High school soccer is a 3 month window of time. Big mistake and the behavior of some
                              Of the coaches is juvenile at best

Comment

He thinks he's funny equating one "wrong" with another. He's just an elitist snob who feels the need to complain about high school soccer. HS soccer is fun, kids have fun, hopefully they'll remain fans of the game once they stop playing. Who cares if it isn't top notch? When you are a parent you support your kids in whatever they want to so, whatever the level.

If it's so offensive to some of you, do us all a favor and don't come to games.
                                Is "top notch" soccer not fun? Why would anyone do it if it's not? Not slamming HS, but this impression that unless you are playing for your school it's not fun is absurd.

Comment

Previously entered content was automatically saved. Restore or Discard.
                                Auto-Saved
                                x
                                Insert: Thumbnail Small Medium Large Fullsize Remove  
                                x
                                Working...
                                X