X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Unregistered View Post
    Please show them, as I am curious.

I don't mean someone who started out in MAPLE...someone who finished there and was recruited out of a MAPLE program straight to D1.
    Northeastern and Quinnipiac by memory.

Comment

Northeastern and Quinnipiac by memory.
      Wasn't looking for the school, looking for the player and program. I would think this is something a club would be proud over and would be publishing.

Not trying to be snarky, it's a legit question.

Comment

FC United has a Prespirtarian commit D1 and NE Rush has a Merrick College commit D2 upper tier and thats just off top of head!

Comment

Wasn't looking for the school, looking for the player and program. I would think this is something a club would be proud over and would be publishing.

Not trying to be snarky, it's a legit question.
          Alright, fine. Not going to name names on here, but you can look and see for yourself.

These people are from Hammer FC, mainly 1 age group. And I'm positive that other clubs have players that are playing in college. Just because they aren't on the commitment threads doesn't mean they don't exist. I personally know maybe 5 or so players who aren't on the commitment list.

Just because a team/player is in NSL doesn't mean they are bad. Just because a team/player is in NPL doesn't mean they're good. Rankings don't matter in the way our current system works. The ONLY WAY to tell if a team is good is to watch them play.

Comment

Alright, fine. Not going to name names on here, but you can look and see for yourself.

These people are from Hammer FC, mainly 1 age group. And I'm positive that other clubs have players that are playing in college. Just because they aren't on the commitment threads doesn't mean they don't exist. I personally know maybe 5 or so players who aren't on the commitment list.

Just because a team/player is in NSL doesn't mean they are bad. Just because a team/player is in NPL doesn't mean they're good. Rankings don't matter in the way our current system works. The ONLY WAY to tell if a team is good is to watch them play.
            They didn't really commit if they aren't on the commit list. Those come from published sources not rumors.

Comment

They didn't really commit if they aren't on the commit list. Those come from published sources not rumors.
              That's not true. Not every commitment gets published.

I guess my point is that there are lots of acronyms, leagues, and different statuses in MA. But none of that matters... the proof is always in the pudding.

Comment

An alternative long needed

The emergence of USYS leagues in New England, specifically MA is sorely needed. NEP has become a monopoly and their under handed tactics are catering to the big four clubs playing on their platform. Smaller clubs are being swallowed up and regurgitated with a new logo on their shirt. These clubs now have a chance to survive and, although it may take some time, current NEP clubs outside of the big four will now feel like they have a choice.

Comment

The whole thing seems odd. Players avoid playing in some leagues due to the travel, so they take those leagues and initiate travel.

Seems to me, they just lost their only selling point.

Comment

The emergence of USYS leagues in New England, specifically MA is sorely needed. NEP has become a monopoly and their under handed tactics are catering to the big four clubs playing on their platform. Smaller clubs are being swallowed up and regurgitated with a new logo on their shirt. These clubs now have a chance to survive and, although it may take some time, current NEP clubs outside of the big four will now feel like they have a choice.
                    It’s time to blow the whole thing up and start over!

Comment

It’s time to blow the whole thing up and start over!
                      Absolutely!

Comment

Somewhere towards the bottom. It's national MAPLE soccer.
                        NEP is Maple rebranded. All teams in NEP came from Maple. Just paying more now, with a new uniform. Don't kid yourself. Nothing wrong with either league. It is what it is. If you are trying to one up and get an ego boost by playing in nep vs maple, you are obviously fighting too hard to prove your kid's worthiness in soccer. Obviously, if they were of talen, you wouldn't be on the TS boards fighting for recognition.

Comment

Unless you are a top level DA player with a shot at National Team, MLS or Europe then it really doesn't matter what league you are playing in at this point. If college is the goal then you need to make sure you play in the right showcase events. I am not knocking DA. I think DA is the best league in the nation. But for boys, it really doesn't matter the league as long as you get in front of the college coaches. The recruiting process starts later for boys. If you can get the players in front of college coaches starting in 10th grade they will be fine. CASL, Bethesda, Disney, Potomac and the likes gives the kids what they need. The travel and costs with regional leagues are crazy.

Comment

Previously entered content was automatically saved. Restore or Discard.
                          Auto-Saved
                          x
                          Insert: Thumbnail Small Medium Large Fullsize Remove  
                          x
                          Working...
                          X