Jayfc new executive director

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

On paper this looks like a good hire. No doubt he has great experience in the game. But in my experience (who am I, right) when youth clubs hire an older guy (retirement age) it doesn’t go well. Many college coaches are under the impression that club positions are less work than a college job, which isn’t the case. There aren’t four year contracts at the club level like college soccer programs either. Club soccer general managers, executive directors and DOC’s need to put in time, and be available darn near 6 nights a week, 10 months out of the year. You have to deal with a BOD, parents, coaches, and US Soccer, something he didn't have to worry about at the college level. To me, I see a guy looking to move to an area for nice weather, and what he thinks will be more of a relaxed lifestyle away from the college game. This might be a retirement job...

These guys rarely last more than two years. I hope it isn’t the case, but I have seen this scenario too many times.

Comment

Originally posted by Unregistered View Post
      On paper this looks like a good hire. No doubt he has great experience in the game. But in my experience (who am I, right) when youth clubs hire an older guy (retirement age) it doesn’t go well. Many college coaches are under the impression that club positions are less work than a college job, which isn’t the case. There aren’t four year contracts at the club level like college soccer programs either. Club soccer general managers, executive directors and DOC’s need to put in time, and be available darn near 6 nights a week, 10 months out of the year. You have to deal with a BOD, parents, coaches, and US Soccer, something he didn't have to worry about at the college level. To me, I see a guy looking to move to an area for nice weather, and what he thinks will be more of a relaxed lifestyle away from the college game. This might be a retirement job...

These guys rarely last more than two years. I hope it isn’t the case, but I have seen this scenario too many times.
      You can speculate all you want but the fact is that he has more coaching contacts to hire solid coaches and other leaders at the club that will build the future. This guy knows how to develop players in the U.S. at a high level and real pathway to college ball. Comparatively, Sean Bubb don't know shiote other than scamming club parents to pay for travel ball and stack teams to win rather than actually developing and coaching the right way. That is way too hard for him.

Comment

Fantastic hire for Armada! This guy knows how to coach, how to develop, has limitless connections to the college and pro levels, and I do not believe he is just looking at this as a cushy retirement job. He will bring in the best, demand the best, and help make Armada even more so the best club in N Florida. Nice job to those involved in bringing in someone of this caliber!

Comment

Fantastic hire for Armada! This guy knows how to coach, how to develop, has limitless connections to the college and pro levels, and I do not believe he is just looking at this as a cushy retirement job. He will bring in the best, demand the best, and help make Armada even more so the best club in N Florida. Nice job to those involved in bringing in someone of this caliber!

The poster is right. He is old and won't have the energy to do the job for an extended period of time. Good luck to Armada.

Comment

Damn impressive bio....

https://gocreighton.com/coaches.aspx?rc=804

Comment

The poster is right. He is old and won't have the energy to do the job for an extended period of time. Good luck to Armada.
              Go away FESA! We all know how scared you are that this will be the nail in SB’s gold-plated coffin!

Comment

He only needs at least 3 years to get this right. You know he has connections with some legit young coaches, not the the snake-oil carpetbaggers Bubb is known for. He also has son in key position with another DA club in southeast, it appears. Actually, this is much better for Armada. Do they really want some clown sinking his claws in financially long-term like the jack-arse over at FESA desperate to suck the $$$ and blood out of them. This seems like a genuine soccer coach type. A real leader who knows what it takes to get kids to college level and contacts to get them in.

Comment

If the worst thing FESA can say about him is he is old, he must be rock solid. Or he could have more energy like Sean Bubb and show up at the clubhouse on Mondays to give the winning coaches some bonus cash and the losers a tongue lashing. You mean that kind of energy? How is that working for you? Is that how desperate FESA has become to try to win at all costs week to week rather than develop its players for the long term and more challenging older age groups and against stiffer competition?

The younger, small dribblers and older large bodies playing kickball. That does not seem to be translating to much ECNL success. Go figure. If FESA did not have Mike Pickett and his boy Brad S. doing their recruiting thing, FESA would be real dog poop and Pickett was doing his thing long before FESA hired an unemployed Bubb.

Comment

He only needs at least 3 years to get this right. You know he has connections with some legit young coaches, not the the snake-oil carpetbaggers Bubb is known for. He also has son in key position with another DA club in southeast, it appears. Actually, this is much better for Armada. Do they really want some clown sinking his claws in financially long-term like the jack-arse over at FESA desperate to suck the $$$ and blood out of them. This seems like a genuine soccer coach type. A real leader who knows what it takes to get kids to college level and contacts to get them in.
                    I’ve heard that Coach Bolowich is extremely excited about getting fully immersed in all aspects of the club, and is totally motivated to effect development across ALL playing levels at Armada. This is the perfect hire. This guy could have easily picked any youth club job in the country, but he chose Armada. His success in the college game will absolutely translate over to running a youth club, and I can’t wait to see the impact he will have. This is great news for Armada players and families, and frankly great news for ALL of N Florida.

Comment

This guy has more US college connections and knows more about the real pathway to college soccer than Bubb could ever dream of. FESA should be very worried, if they are not already with the losing ECNL ways. If not for Mike Pickett recruiting top talent to FESA, how many girls players would really be playing top college ball? Not many and surely very few due to Bubb. That tells you all you need to know about the dumpster fire going on over at Veterans while they keep looking for more clubs so they can be "bigger" and pay Bubb more for nothing.

Comment

This guy has more US college connections and knows more about the real pathway to college soccer than Bubb could ever dream of. FESA should be very worried, if they are not already with the losing ECNL ways. If not for Mike Pickett recruiting top talent to FESA, how many girls players would really be playing top college ball? Not many and surely very few due to Bubb. That tells you all you need to know about the dumpster fire going on over at Veterans while they keep looking for more clubs so they can be "bigger" and pay Bubb more for nothing.
                        Yawnnnnnnn. Time to take a piss. This guy is in a for a rude awakening.

Comment

Is this FESA’s way of making Bubb look superior and deserving of his high salary?

Comment

Yawnnnnnnn. Time to take a piss. This guy is in a for a rude awakening.
                            Oh yay, the crass and classy FECES turd nugget is back with his enlightening, deep, and intellectual banter. I shudder to ask, but I will.....what exactly, pray tell, is going to be his rude awakening? SB? Yep, he’s rude alright. However, EB is I’m sure already very familiar with SB and his, shall I say, antics. Remember, he was winning a National Championship at UNC while SB was in Charlotte. No doubt he already hates SB, everyone else does.

Comment

OMAHA, Neb. (KMTV) - OMAHA, Neb. – Creighton men's soccer head coach Elmar Bolowich announced his resignation today to become the Executive Director of Armada Youth FC in Jacksonville, Fla., and McCormick Endowed Director of Athletics Bruce Rasmussen announced the promotion of Creighton Athletics Hall of Famer Johnny Torres from assistant coach to head coach to take over the reins of the program.

It goes on to say he is doing this for personal and family reasons. Who the heck would want to stay in Omaha? They all want to eventually retire in Florida.

Comment

Welcome to The Fleet Coach Bolowich

The new Captain at the helm of the Armada will make The Fleet flourish!

Armada FC Youth Press Release:

http://armadafcyouth.com/bolowich

Comment

Previously entered content was automatically saved. Restore or Discard.
                                Auto-Saved
                                x
                                Insert: Thumbnail Small Medium Large Fullsize Remove  
                                x
                                Working...
                                X