Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Unregistered View Post
    Looks like DW got done what many would say JB should have got done with not one but two teams.
    Don't worry, JB will take to Twitter to give himself and Stars some of the credit.

Comment

Going to be even harder to get there now, as they lost today.
      But maybe Doug can schedule some more games against cupcake
      teams to help pad the record as usual...

“4th in the nation” but couldn’t get past Natick, a team with a
      much lower ranking and record. Way to go Doug!
      It’s a cruel world. I’m going with Wa-wa-chusett still.

Comment

Looks like DW got done what many would say JB should have got done with not one but two teams.
        Yup. Definitely muffed last year for sure. In fairness, the south sectional 0-0 final loss in pks to WH the year before was a classic though. Two stacked teams and one had to lose that day.

Comment

Don't worry, JB will take to Twitter to give himself and Stars some of the credit.
          Looks like they did better without him.

Comment

Then there is this:

https://www.gloucestertimes.com/spor...adac6ee6f.html

Comment

Winchester 3, Danvers 1.

Not really close. Any yellow cards?

Comment

Winchester 3, Danvers 1.

Winchester scored inside first minute and got the second a few minutes later. Danvers had more shots and then Winchester got 3rd. After that kept their shape and kept 4 to 5 on the back line. Danvers got one back with a PK. Never seemed to play with any urgency. Even being down they never put on another forward. #10 and #24 were real good for Winchester. There was a yellow card for #27 on Danvers.

Comment

Winchester 3, Danvers 1.

Winchester will rule D2 North for 2 more years. Danvers will give them a run but not enough to dethrone them.

Comment

Going to be even harder to get there now, as they lost today.
                    But maybe Doug can schedule some more games against cupcake
                    teams to help pad the record as usual...

“4th in the nation” but couldn’t get past Natick, a team with a
                    much lower ranking and record. Way to go Doug!
                    Yup!
                    North still the only State Champs from Newton !!!!!

Comment

Wild comments. Consider this unprofessional?

Comment

Wild comments. Consider this unprofessional?
                        I just read it, pasting below from Cosgrove
                        “Was it a good game for someone neutral? Probably," he said. "But one team played soccer and the other didn't. I would rather have seen less wrestling and kicking and pushing and shoving. We've trained these girls to work hard and play soccer. (Amesbury) just won by grit and physical play. You want the North champions to be a good soccer team, not a kick the ball and shove everyone over type of team. That's the way they're coached to play."

That guy lost twice yesterday

Comment

“Was it a good game for someone neutral? Probably," he said. "But one team played soccer and the other didn't. I would rather have seen less wrestling and kicking and pushing and shoving. We've trained these girls to work hard and play soccer. (Amesbury) just won by grit and physical play. You want the North champions to be a good soccer team, not a kick the ball and shove everyone over type of team. That's the way they're coached to play."

God forbid someone should speak the truth in this day and age.

Comment

Huh..last time I checked soccer was played by the laws of the game (NFHS bastardization notwithstanding) and "style points" weren't part of the scoring or determination of the winner. Possession soccer - check the last world cup and how possession teams fared versus those with quick counterattack and physical play.

Job of the high school soccer coach - high school soccer is a lot of positive things for the players, but "skill development" ain't high on the list - is to put the players in the best position to win with the appropriate tactics for the skill level of the players and the strengths/weaknesses of the opposing team. Last I checked - wrestling wasn't allowed by LOTG; pushing and shoving up to the limits as codified in Law 12 were.

Best HS coaches focus on set piece/restart (free, corner, goal, PK, throw-in) offense and defense and in game adjustments.

and by the way, a well coached, well skilled team knows how to overcome a kick and run physical team, assuming the referees aren't totally clueless.

Comment

God forbid someone should speak the truth in this day and age.
                              Poor example just like his dad. The truth is his team was way more talented and the first time they got some resistance he couldn’t handle it. Sorry buddy real teams fight back. But go ahead keep speaking your truth!

Comment

Huh..last time I checked soccer was played by the laws of the game (NFHS bastardization notwithstanding) and "style points" weren't part of the scoring or determination of the winner. Possession soccer - check the last world cup and how possession teams fared versus those with quick counterattack and physical play.

Job of the high school soccer coach - high school soccer is a lot of positive things for the players, but "skill development" ain't high on the list - is to put the players in the best position to win with the appropriate tactics for the skill level of the players and the strengths/weaknesses of the opposing team. Last I checked - wrestling wasn't allowed by LOTG; pushing and shoving up to the limits as codified in Law 12 were.

Best HS coaches focus on set piece/restart (free, corner, goal, PK, throw-in) offense and defense and in game adjustments.

and by the way, a well coached, well skilled team knows how to overcome a kick and run physical team, assuming the referees aren't totally clueless.
                                I really don't disagree with this, especially the last comment, but I would add that the officiating is an unknown game to game. There are too many instances where referees reward, ignore or miss violations to Law 12 and not having more than 2 referees until late in the playoffs doesn't help this.

Comment

Previously entered content was automatically saved. Restore or Discard.
                                Auto-Saved
                                x
                                Insert: Thumbnail Small Medium Large Fullsize Remove  
                                x
                                Working...
                                X