Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Unregistered View Post
    And that goes back sev years. Mixture of players. I agree there is really not a perfect way to pick the All State team. I’ve heard, as of late, that the coaches really don’t want to pick All State (like the boys) and leave it to the Projo.
    Problem with that? Projo will call a few coaches and they will end up picking the team. So what can you do?
    So here is a thought used by a geographically bigger state (VT) - only difference is it's just seniors so perhaps a twist on how VT does it.

First, go to 4 Divisions..but that's not necessary to do this method.

Second, end the season a week earlier (4 Divisions would make that easier as you would have only 11-12 division teams.

Have all coaches select the top 22 players (using the 4-3-3) from D1 and the top 11 from the other divisions by the end of Oct - that sets the pool. From that list, invite the D1 pool plus 14 from D2-DX pool to form 36 players - scramble to make two x 18 player teams with roughly equal positional players on both.

Play an all star match for charity the weekend after the state finals- have the state championship match teams' coaches manage the roster for the match. Invite the D1 coaches along with reporters and perhaps some college coaches (pretty sure it is not a recruiting violation) or top soccer people to do a final evaluation - pick the "all state 11" and the rest go back to the D1-DX all division teams and fill in any holes.

that makes an "all state" team plus a first team D1-DX selections with at least the all-state level getting a final set of input from a broader group. Yeah, that's just game, but that's generally how often most of the other coaches see a player in the high school season too. Now you would at least see them play against the better players at the same time.

Comment

Hmmmmm...
      Girls final moved to turf at Johnston?
      Well that helps LaSalle now doesn’t it
      Fix is in!
      Not even close so I guess maybe poorer weather and field could have only helped Smithfield.. set piece (includes throw-in) defense..

Strange LSA's only GA was against one of the worst teams in the league and at home..

At least MSC is making it a game so far..

Comment

Not even close so I guess maybe poorer weather and field could have only helped Smithfield.. set piece (includes throw-in) defense..

Strange LSA's only GA was against one of the worst teams in the league and at home..

At least MSC is making it a game so far..

MSC wins in PKs - guess it's a bit of karma for Pilgrim. PK's in the championship game is absurd, but at least RIIL could go with a full 20 minute OT allowable by NFHS rules instead of the silly 10 minutes.

Comment

Mount coach can now be considered a soccer genius. Winning a championship with very little on the field.

Got it done though.

Comment

Mount coach can now be considered a soccer genius. Winning a championship with very little on the field.

Got it done though.
            "That’s why the former Brown University coach has been working on penalty-kick situations since he started practice in August."

"I don’t know if coach was physic or what, but we’ve been training for PKs and going through the five girls every week and preparing"

Genuis..or at least understood at the high school level it often comes down to set pieces. I'm sure Pilgrim AD and coach will cry to RIIL in the spring so Burrillville will have to suck it up for another year..

Comment

Mount Coach is. I mean to anyone who doesn't think a Coach can make a difference,
              I sure hope they do now. Having the retired Brown U Women's coach at Mt has made all the difference. Good for those girls and good for Mount for hiring him!!!

Comment

Pilgrim's run showed they are not a D2 team, even if they lost in the final (which is just one game). How many seniors do they graduate? I don't think any team can petition and move inside a year - can they?

Comment

scores?

Scores aren't posted? All three games?

Comment

Check projo

LSA 3 -0

MSC 2-2..4-2 in PK

Tiverton 1-0 in OT

Comment

So when is Gansett beating Lasalle

Comment

"That’s why the former Brown University coach has been working on penalty-kick situations since he started practice in August."

"I don’t know if coach was physic or what, but we’ve been training for PKs and going through the five girls every week and preparing"

Genuis..or at least understood at the high school level it often comes down to set pieces. I'm sure Pilgrim AD and coach will cry to RIIL in the spring so Burrillville will have to suck it up for another year..
                        2 Year alignment. It doesn't matter what anyone has done this year. Pilgrim will stay in D2 Burrillville in D1. After next season is complete realignment will come around again.
                        It is the Principal's, AD's, and RIIL that decide realignment.
                        Coaches not so much.

Comment

Mount Coach is. I mean to anyone who doesn't think a Coach can make a difference,
                          I sure hope they do now. Having the retired Brown U Women's coach at Mt has made all the difference. Good for those girls and good for Mount for hiring him!!!
                          Plus he was helped out by playing on possibly the worst field in the state all season. Either way good for Mount.

Comment

For all the people complaining about anyone losing in PK’s, here’s an idea..... beat the other team in the 90 minutes you play and you don’t need to go to PK’s. Novel huh?

Comment

For all the people complaining about anyone losing in PK’s, here’s an idea..... beat the other team in the 90 minutes you play and you don’t need to go to PK’s. Novel huh?
                              Here's a novel idea - try to standardize the rules between high school and college. I agree that PK's are part of the game, but could we at least do 20 minutes of OT?

Comment

Here's a novel idea - try to standardize the rules between high school and college. I agree that PK's are part of the game, but could we at least do 20 minutes of OT?
                                Agreed!

Comment

Previously entered content was automatically saved. Restore or Discard.
                                Auto-Saved
                                x
                                Insert: Thumbnail Small Medium Large Fullsize Remove  
                                x
                                Working...
                                X