X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Unregistered View Post
    How about lack of budget
    They may have plans to put them in later also. The delay and having to fire the contractor most likely sent the project over budget so perhaps lights were delayed. They might not even be allowed. It was a big battle with homeowners when our HS was putting them in

Also, in the fall there are far fewer teams using the fields so they can get practices in before dark (time change doesn't happen until 1st weekend of November.). During the winter if weather permits they can do a combination of indoor and outdoor practices, then daylight savings comes in early March. Much ado about nothing. The facility is very good and it's good to see another CT club making a big investment.

not with cfc and jealous they have a site :)

Comment

Do millennial’s already have teenage children? What’s with all of this drama?

I have one kid that went through the United program and another in it now. In prior years the program was based at Post U. One field no lights. Indoor was a the arena in Hamden. Games mostly at Post but occasional use of other fields.

Last time I checked, CFC is going to have side by side turf fields and a brand new indoor building? Pretty solid upgrade!

The great thing is assuming your kid is good enough you can vote with your checkbook. If exterior illumination (movie reference) is critical then I’d suggest a drive up to Farmington
      Consider that at the Bethany site they have to share with boys CFCU and branch teams. You won’t have Teddy giving you prime times.

Comment

Then I’d have to believe zoning prevents lighting on the site. I can’t believe anyone would build a facility nowadays without lights. In terms of the total cost to put in a new turf with lights (running wires, poles and hardware) the lights are only a small percentage, probably not even 100k.
        Cost is 500K for lights. Per field. I was on the board in our town when they did it. That’s about 40K a year, not including the cost to run them. Financially speaking, lights are a loser. Schools put them up out of necessity as someone pointed out. Without them, some of their teams would have no place to train on game days. Clubs don’t play during the week and don’t train on the weekend, so that isn’t an issue.

For those of you talking about it being an absolute must, have you forgotten that CFC used Post U as a home for many years. To my knowledge, there are no lights there. Once the time changes in March, it’s daylight until 7:00/7:15 and get longer each day after that. In the fall, it gets dark around 6:30 in October and then 5:00 by November, but CFC can then move indoors for the last couple of weeks. Games on the weekend are not affected.

Much ado about nothing. All of this information is readily available if any of you want to talk the time to look it up instead of speculating falsely.

Comment

Cost is 500K for lights. Per field. I was on the board in our town when they did it. That’s about 40K a year, not including the cost to run them. Financially speaking, lights are a loser. Schools put them up out of necessity as someone pointed out. Without them, some of their teams would have no place to train on game days. Clubs don’t play during the week and don’t train on the weekend, so that isn’t an issue.

For those of you talking about it being an absolute must, have you forgotten that CFC used Post U as a home for many years. To my knowledge, there are no lights there. Once the time changes in March, it’s daylight until 7:00/7:15 and get longer each day after that. In the fall, it gets dark around 6:30 in October and then 5:00 by November, but CFC can then move indoors for the last couple of weeks. Games on the weekend are not affected.

Much ado about nothing. All of this information is readily available if any of you want to talk the time to look it up instead of speculating falsely.
          you are a loser because lights are 150k not 500k you idiot. my town just added them this year

Comment

you are a loser because lights are 150k not 500k you idiot. my town just added them this year
            Don’t take your kid there if the lights are problem.

Comment

The town of Bethany does NOT allow lights. 2 of my friends live in Bethany and say the town is the worst about things like that.

Comment

We aren’t talking about the idiots in your town standing there with flashlights from your phones like at a rock concert. Real actual light towers wired and installed cost 500K. Don’t be a dolt.

Comment

We aren’t talking about the idiots in your town standing there with flashlights from your phones like at a rock concert. Real actual light towers wired and installed cost 500K. Don’t be a dolt.
                  you still are so wrong. you must be one of those corrupt people with "Friends" on town council

Comment

you still are so wrong. you must be one of those corrupt people with "Friends" on town council
                    I love when people are obnoxious about something they know nothing about. For 150K, you’ll have 25’ poles run by a gas generator and 60 watt bulbs. Go crazy.

Comment

I love when people are obnoxious about something they know nothing about. For 150K, you’ll have 25’ poles run by a gas generator and 60 watt bulbs. Go crazy.
                      WHAT? you are crazy. you can't run electric and put up 6 light poles for less than $500k?? Wow, they are dumber in FC than I thought .... it doesnt have to be professional level lighting here people. Gheez, Sporting has lights on their 2 fields! You are talking 6 light poles (2 outside corners of each field and then 2 in the middle between the fields), running cables, and then fixtures.

Comment

In a ****ty part of Middletown it will probably help the town. In Bethany it’s a bit different.

Comment

WHAT? you are crazy. you can't run electric and put up 6 light poles for less than $500k?? Wow, they are dumber in FC than I thought .... it doesnt have to be professional level lighting here people. Gheez, Sporting has lights on their 2 fields! You are talking 6 light poles (2 outside corners of each field and then 2 in the middle between the fields), running cables, and then fixtures.
                          4 poles is all you need.

Comment

If lights cost half a mil virtually no high schools would be them

Comment

If lights cost half a mil virtually no high schools would be them
                              they don't. we had (2) fields done, cost was 300k to provide and install lights from Musco. does not include running power under ground to each pole or digging hole for each. 4 poles per field. they put them all up in one day.

the 500k person spend the other 350k he stole on crack

Comment

With all this rain the second swimming pool should be filled in no time

Comment

Previously entered content was automatically saved. Restore or Discard.
                                Auto-Saved
                                x
                                Insert: Thumbnail Small Medium Large Fullsize Remove  
                                x
                                Working...
                                X