Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Unregistered View Post
    There's contact in soccer? No kidding....Who's talking about a breakaway foul? Playing dirty is much different than playing physical. Don't you know the difference? There's a reason why top kids don't play HS Soccer. Risk of injury is too great by these bush league coaches encouraging the physical play you so describe. Out of curiosity, would you say Messi is a physical player? I didn't think so.....
    I see the ignorance train has reached the station.
    Physical play is a result of lack of skills and that afflicts the entire sport in this country, from MLS down.
    Did you watch Atl-NYC match last night?...I didn’t think so...
    There is no good reason for kids not to play h/s soccer. Injury in the pros happens as frequently in training as in matches.
    And Messi’s physicality is unparallelled as his lower body strength allows to to stay on the ball as he is tackled.

Comment

There's contact in soccer? No kidding....Who's talking about a breakaway foul? Playing dirty is much different than playing physical. Don't you know the difference? There's a reason why top kids don't play HS Soccer. Risk of injury is too great by these bush league coaches encouraging the physical play you so describe. Out of curiosity, would you say Messi is a physical player? I didn't think so.....
      Physical play is what the winners call it.
      Dirty play is the buzzword for the losers

Comment

Wachusett 4 Marlboro 2

Ludlow next
        Anyone at the game know what the deal was with the Wach offsides call late in the 2nd half that may have been a subsequent hand ball in the box by Marlboro back who thought it was a goal kick? AR put up the flag, center ref blew whistle, and then the ball rolled over the end line. One back proceeded to play ball across the goal mouth and the other back picked up the ball with his hands and put it down for a goal kick. Very odd.
        Either the ref changed the infraction without telling anyone (from offsides to goal kick) or was just very confused on what was going on. If ref changed the call without telling anyone or was confused, he should have stopped the clock and discussed with AR and coaches. Anyone else see it and can explain it?

Comment

Anyone at the game know what the deal was with the Wach offsides call late in the 2nd half that may have been a subsequent hand ball in the box by Marlboro back who thought it was a goal kick? AR put up the flag, center ref blew whistle, and then the ball rolled over the end line. One back proceeded to play ball across the goal mouth and the other back picked up the ball with his hands and put it down for a goal kick. Very odd.
          Either the ref changed the infraction without telling anyone (from offsides to goal kick) or was just very confused on what was going on. If ref changed the call without telling anyone or was confused, he should have stopped the clock and discussed with AR and coaches. Anyone else see it and can explain it?
          The first goal of the game was at least 3 yards offsides. Make no mistake though. Marlboro shot themselves in the foot time and time again.

Comment

The first goal of the game was at least 3 yards offsides. Make no mistake though. Marlboro shot themselves in the foot time and time again.
            No it wasn’t! Get over it you lost. Those kids are dirty and deserved to lose! Refs favored Marlboro! Marlboro kids should of had 2 red cards. Move on loser !

Comment

No it wasn’t! Get over it you lost. Those kids are dirty and deserved to lose! Refs favored Marlboro! Marlboro kids should of had 2 red cards. Move on loser !
              Refs always favor Marlboro, especially when they are home. Have to beat Marlboro, the refs, and the time keeper when you are there.

Comment

Watch the video.....way offside. What red cards are you talking about? Trust me, no ref favors Marlboro. At the same point no ref wants to do Wachusett games.

Wachusett won fair and square.

Comment

Refs always favor Marlboro, especially when they are home. Have to beat Marlboro, the refs, and the time keeper when you are there.
                  I watched one play off game at Marlboro a few years ago and the ref must have given Marlboro 40 free kicks. If someone sneezed near a Marlboro player they blew the whistle.

Comment

I watched one play off game at Marlboro a few years ago and the ref must have given Marlboro 40 free kicks. If someone sneezed near a Marlboro player they blew the whistle.
                    Wow, one game years ago...thanks for weighing in

Comment

Probably due to the constant flopping and whining Marlboro does...

Comment

Probably due to the constant flopping and whining Marlboro does...
                        Didn't see much of that Sunday or the Wachusett "Take them out!!!!" instructions the coach usually yells out.

Comment

I have seen at least 4 more like that. Another poster.

Comment

Sounds like the center ref waved off the offside flag; which in fact the AR could have held back in the first place, as the ball was rolling over the goal line and off of the attacking team.

Only real difference is that subs are allowed on a goal kick; other than that irrelevant; at least according to your description.

Certainly not a handling violation, the ball crossed the goal line.

Comment

Well, 2 out of the 3; there is no high school venue I know of where the scoreboard is official time; it's kept by the center ref in a 3 man game and one of the 2 officials in a 2 man game.

Comment

Well, 2 out of the 3; there is no high school venue I know of where the scoreboard is official time; it's kept by the center ref in a 3 man game and one of the 2 officials in a 2 man game.
                                Very few h/s matches go beyond the score keeper...thats why they stop the clock

Comment

Previously entered content was automatically saved. Restore or Discard.
                                Auto-Saved
                                x
                                Insert: Thumbnail Small Medium Large Fullsize Remove  
                                x
                                Working...
                                X