X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Unregistered View Post
    Unh 2 uml 0
    I'm a Lowell fan but they were outclassed by UNH, a team that looks ready for tournament time.

Comment

SE will be the top striker next season, but they need more. They already have a US fwd from Loomis Chafee and I am sure they will add an a International one later.
      What they need is a young aggressive coach vs a cranky old man or else they will reside in the basement of the acc for eternity

Comment

What they need is a young aggressive coach vs a cranky old man or else they will reside in the basement of the acc for eternity
        Amen!

Comment

I'm a Lowell fan but they were outclassed by UNH, a team that looks ready for tournament time.
          Two best teams around here:

UNH
          PC

Comment

Amen!
            BC can't compete for talent in the ACC. They need to move to a different league (ie Atlantic 10, Patriot,....) to get a tournament birth. Soccer is not a priority sport for BC. Ed keeps going for international players, the current goalie was a bust and so were many others. The current striker worked out but 1 in like 10 is not a good track record. Maybe Bobby can turn this around.

Comment

"SE" is out of eligibility in '19. He's a Sr.

How many goals did the Loomis Chafee striker get this season (had 40 '17)?

BC can compete in the ACC. Pretty amazing how they get all those Int's on
              9.9 grants in aid.

Comment

9.9 grants in aid.
                They can get some need $$ and others academic $$ to sweeten the pot.

Comment

9.9 grants in aid.
                  The Internationals get a free ride and the budget comes from the school and not the 9.9 athletic scholarships. Since College is free in Europe, the argument is the College needs to give them a free ride otherwise they won't come. So basically it is like getting a free vacation to play soccer.

Plus the Internationals are usually older and live in apartments (not the dorms). This is typical for most colleges. The problem is most internationals don't work out and/or they are one and done and leave for the MLS draft.

Comment

9.9 grants in aid.
                    Two fwds from NEFC on the roster.
                    One has played a lot and has amassed a total of 1 goal.
                    The other played as a sub last season but no action this season.

What about them?

Comment

UNH, UConn, and URI in the NCAA Tournament.
                      Latter two will play.

Comment

UNH, UConn, and URI in the NCAA Tournament.
                        Latter two will play.
                        UNH is peaking at the right time. Will at least give Wake Forest a game in 2nd round after beating Colgate.

Comment

UNH is peaking at the right time. Will at least give Wake Forest a game in 2nd round after beating Colgate.
                          I think they have to beat Colgate first.
                          I am predicting Colgate wins 2-0

Comment

I think they have to beat Colgate first.
                            I am predicting Colgate wins 2-0
                            If you compare Colgate to UNH, Colgate has had a far tougher schedule.
                            It should be a good game, but I will side with Colgate.

Comment

If you compare Colgate to UNH, Colgate has had a far tougher schedule.
                              It should be a good game, but I will side with Colgate.
                              Have you seen UNH in their last two games?

Easily beat Lowell 2-0 in semi.
                              Then completely were at a different level in the final against U Baltimore. Game was over within 5 minutes and that almost never happens in any college game. Final 5-0. They are peaking right now and a home game on top of that against Colgate. They will give Wake Forest a good game and will not surprise me one bit if they win. But Colgate will not be a problem. This is just me talking. I'm sure players will not get ahead of themselves.

Fwiw, I'm a ULowell fan and just a fan of the game. UNH totally outclassed Lowell twice in the last month. And Lowell gave Stanford everything they could handle earlier this season at Stanford. UNH is very skilled, fast, and well coached. I just appreciate having one more relatively local game to see live.

Comment

Colgate 1 UNH 0
                                UConn 4 URI 3

Comment

Previously entered content was automatically saved. Restore or Discard.
                                Auto-Saved
                                x
                                Insert: Thumbnail Small Medium Large Fullsize Remove  
                                x
                                Working...
                                X