Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Thank you God for giving me sons

This board is so full of drama and estrogen and hurt feelings and haters I just have to be grateful not to be involved in Girl's soccer. On the Boys side of the world Oregon has a lot less issues and puts out a pretty competitive product.

It makes you wonder, are the oft complained about problems in Oregon Girl's soccer really related to the clubs and players or is the issue caused by the overwrought parents?

Originally posted by Unregistered View Post
    This board is so full of drama and estrogen and hurt feelings and haters I just have to be grateful not to be involved in Girl's soccer. On the Boys side of the world Oregon has a lot less issues and puts out a pretty competitive product.

It makes you wonder, are the oft complained about problems in Oregon Girl's soccer really related to the clubs and players or is the issue caused by the overwrought parents?
    Easy Answer:
    PARENTS!!!

Comment

No kidding. Boys teams don't schedule premier games at power lines.

Comment

No kidding. Boys teams don't schedule premier games at power lines.
        Or enter tournaments in the silver bracket.

Comment

A little over generalization on your part. I had a son in premiere level soccer. Boys parents are the most rabid and crazy out there. Bar none. I haven't seen that kind of crazy on the girls side, and yes I have a daughter playing at the highest level.

I think girl parents are more apt to complain on a chat board, while boy parents are more willing to settle things in the parking lot after a game.

Comment

The reason girls soccer parents are crazy

The reason the girls side is crazy is that this is the only team sport where most of their girls stand a chance at a scholarship in a sport that is actually more or less accepted.

Football? No girls.
            Baseball? No girls.
            Basketball? Not many white girls and most of this board is white girls parents.
            Softball? Nothing for pros.
            Lacrosse? La what?

That leaves soccer as the only team sport. All of these crazy parents concentrated on one board.

Yes, thank god for the many boys sports and the fact that Crazy boys' parents are distributed across ****multiple**** message board.

Comment

Yeah, football parents aren't loonies.

Nor are baseball parents. No, they aren't bat **** crazy.

Don't know about the local basketball parents, but I doubt they are sane.

And parents of kids in these sports all think their son has college potential, or potential for MLB.

Comment

A little over generalization on your part. I had a son in premiere level soccer. Boys parents are the most rabid and crazy out there. Bar none. I haven't seen that kind of crazy on the girls side, and yes I have a daughter playing at the highest level.

I think girl parents are more apt to complain on a chat board, while boy parents are more willing to settle things in the parking lot after a game.
                To say boy parents are the most rabid and crazy, you have your head in the sand. Holy heck, most ignorant post in the history of TS. Bar none. Good grief.

Comment

Most of the white boys who play competitive soccer are more on the feminine and soft side so you really don't see the same issues. I think the parents are just happy that their sons picked soccer over dance.

Comment

Most of the white boys who play competitive soccer are more on the feminine and soft side so you really don't see the same issues. I think the parents are just happy that their sons picked soccer over dance.
                    You mean because the boys aren't butch enough to have the same issues as the "girls"?

Comment

It's ok if your DD is a Tomboy, a little manly. It really doesn't bother me, I'm ok with it. And we understand that this could make you angry and want to attack, lash out. That's what insecure people do. In fact, that may be the root of why girl soccer parents are always attacking, angry people. But I'm here for you, a sounding board to get out your anger. It's ok buddy. You hang in there.

Comment

To say boy parents are the most rabid and crazy, you have your head in the sand. Holy heck, most ignorant post in the history of TS. Bar none. Good grief.
                        Got hyperbole much? Good grief. You illustrate the rabidness I referred to.

Comment

You mean because the boys aren't butch enough to have the same issues as the "girls"?
                          No, but I am saying that Johnny's dad is thrilled that Johnny is not doing ballet. The issues on this site have less to do with the players and more with the parents. Expectations for the boys playing soccer are very low.

Comment

Got hyperbole much? Good grief. You illustrate the rabidness I referred to.
                            Look at every thread on this site. Look at every soccer field in Oregon and SW wa. Psycho parents, 98% girl parents. As I said... Head in the sand. It's right in front of you. Whether you choose to open your eyes is outside of my control. Good day.

Comment

No, but I am saying that Johnny's dad is thrilled that Johnny is not doing ballet. The issues on this site have less to do with the players and more with the parents. Expectations for the boys playing soccer are very low.
                              There are few boys strong enough to do ballet. It's much more work than any sport. Most boys choose sports because it's a lot easier and they can be lazy.

Comment

Previously entered content was automatically saved. Restore or Discard.
                              Auto-Saved
                              x
                              Insert: Thumbnail Small Medium Large Fullsize Remove  
                              x
                              Working...
                              X