Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Thorns Academy Thumped in Denver

Imagine that. Play a good team and play the entire game in their own end...

Originally posted by Unregistered View Post
    Imagine that. Play a good team and play the entire game in their own end...
    My daughter plays ECNL, but I think it is absurd that someone took the time to look at how the Thorns played in CO. For that matter I can't believe you know their schedule

Comment

My daughter plays ECNL, but I think it is absurd that someone took the time to look at how the Thorns played in CO. For that matter I can't believe you know their schedule
      I agree. The need some people have to tear down other kids is really sad.
      Unfortunately, I can only imagine what that kind of person relays to their kids. Next generation of narcissists.

Comment

Everybody follows the Thorns Academy, don't they? Aren't they the best thing to happen to soccer in Oregon since the invention of soccer balls?

Comment

Everybody follows the Thorns Academy, don't they? Aren't they the best thing to happen to soccer in Oregon since the invention of soccer balls?
          Get a life Lenny. Lenny = Angry ECNL Poster. Got his dd a spot on an ECNL team by giving hand jobs to Tom.

Comment

I don't follow them, other then noticed they didn't even win OYSA.

Who did they play and what was the score?

Comment

I don't follow them, other then noticed they didn't even win OYSA.

Who did they play and what was the score?
              And I don't follow oregon ECNL other than noticed they really don't compete anywhere. I guess all of our teams just suck. We should all quit and play tennis.

Comment

And I don't follow oregon ECNL other than noticed they really don't compete anywhere. I guess all of our teams just suck. We should all quit and play tennis.
                Actually, I follow both ECNL and the Thorns Academy teams. I think both ECNL teams have done well, especially considering for some age groups they had less then two weeks prior to try outs. This year it's a known entity with more of the kinks worked out of the system. Like having refs show up to your matches. However, looking at tryouts, there is new blood being added to the teams, I suspect great success this next year. On the other hand, the Thorns academy has had it's own set of issues. For one, they don't have a 'league' to play in, so they simply play in OYSA league. Why not just play for your club team? Maybe they should only get them together as an all star team to do tournaments with in the summer?. Like a 'congrats', you did well this year. The down side to that is they will always be regulated to playing silver brackets if accepted to any large tourneys as they won't have a proven track record to go from. The OPL may well merge back into OYSA in terms of league play, but ECNL look to be her to stay and is clearly the best option for girls serious about soccer.

Comment

Actually, I follow both ECNL and the Thorns Academy teams. I think both ECNL teams have done well, especially considering for some age groups they had less then two weeks prior to try outs. This year it's a known entity with more of the kinks worked out of the system. Like having refs show up to your matches. However, looking at tryouts, there is new blood being added to the teams, I suspect great success this next year. On the other hand, the Thorns academy has had it's own set of issues. For one, they don't have a 'league' to play in, so they simply play in OYSA league. Why not just play for your club team? Maybe they should only get them together as an all star team to do tournaments with in the summer?. Like a 'congrats', you did well this year. The down side to that is they will always be regulated to playing silver brackets if accepted to any large tourneys as they won't have a proven track record to go from. The OPL may well merge back into OYSA in terms of league play, but ECNL look to be her to stay and is clearly the best option for girls serious about soccer.

You clearly are obsessed with the Thorns. To say a club that posted a 28% winning percentage is not doing well. You show your bias with every post Lenny the troll. CU ECNL is a joke.

Comment

http://static1.squarespace.com/stati...pg?format=500w

I'm Angry ECNL Poster and I feel the dire need to post results of Thorns. I'm obsessed. Never mind that my daughter's team sucked in NWCL, along with the rest of the ECNL teams. Never mind that my daughters team finished 5th in ECNL. Never mind that I'm out $10K and my daughter is no closer to being capable of playing in college. But, she is ELITE.

Comment

http://static1.squarespace.com/stati...pg?format=500w

I'm Angry ECNL Poster and I feel the dire need to post results of Thorns. I'm obsessed. Never mind that my daughter's team sucked in NWCL, along with the rest of the ECNL teams. Never mind that my daughters team finished 5th in ECNL. Never mind that I'm out $10K and my daughter is no closer to being capable of playing in college. But, she is ELITE.
                      For all that they still outperformed the Thorns Academy. Guess that "professional" environment wasn't worth $50, let alone the $5000 you paid.

Comment

For all that they still outperformed the Thorns Academy. Guess that "professional" environment wasn't worth $50, let alone the $5000 you paid.
                        Keep a brave face Lenny. You keep spending like this and that inheretence of your wife's will be blown through in no time.

Comment

You clearly are obsessed with the Thorns. To say a club that posted a 28% winning percentage is not doing well. You show your bias with every post Lenny the troll. CU ECNL is a joke.
                          I'm biased, but I'm also right. ECNL is a way better option then simply playing in OYSA or even a joined league as that is now being rumored to happen. If you are simply playing in OYSA and FWRL many girls would be better off playing for their club teams. There they will have a record to go off of and and some many have a better shot at entry to some of the bigger tourneys. The way the Thorns academy is currently set up, it's doomed to be second rate.

Comment

I'm biased, but I'm also right. ECNL is a way better option then simply playing in OYSA or even a joined league as that is now being rumored to happen. If you are simply playing in OYSA and FWRL many girls would be better off playing for their club teams. There they will have a record to go off of and and some many have a better shot at entry to some of the bigger tourneys. The way the Thorns academy is currently set up, it's doomed to be second rate.
                            Saying that a club that posts a 28% winning percentage, where parents buy their dd's way on to the team, is good, is really really showing your bias. There are a lot of girls who play FWRL up and down the west coast who are going to great colleges to play soccer shows how little you know. Please, stop wasting the time to post, and quite frankly, stop wasting oxygen that good human beings can use.

Comment

Saying that a club that posts a 28% winning percentage, where parents buy their dd's way on to the team, is good, is really really showing your bias. There are a lot of girls who play FWRL up and down the west coast who are going to great colleges to play soccer shows how little you know. Please, stop wasting the time to post, and quite frankly, stop wasting oxygen that good human beings can use.
                              I'm guessing those offers are going to some of those teams that kicked the thorns asses in FWRL?

Comment

Previously entered content was automatically saved. Restore or Discard.
                              Auto-Saved
                              x
                              Insert: Thumbnail Small Medium Large Fullsize Remove  
                              x
                              Working...
                              X