•  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Unregistered View Post
    The fact that OPL is dead.

"Na na na na, NA NA NA NA, Heyeyyyyeeyyy goodbye"
    And so is the Timbers Alliance, for all intents and purposes. Failure from the outset and only got worse with time.

Comment

And so is the Timbers Alliance, for all intents and purposes. Failure from the outset and only got worse with time.
      TA clubs should be asking why WST is running the show and why they are telling people they are the official academy for the Timbers. It's just one more example of WST and crooks like Cony manipulating youth soccer for their profit.

Comment

TA clubs should be asking why WST is running the show and why they are telling people they are the official academy for the Timbers. It's just one more example of WST and crooks like Cony manipulating youth soccer for their profit.
        The funny thing is, and this is all public and out there, WST pays their people much less than other clubs pay folks. Have you ever seen what the LO/Crossfire people get paid? It's rediculous given the quality. Fraser makes boatloads, and for WHAT?

Comment

The TA were the only teams in OYSA and now, OYSA survived. So it appears that they not only won, but everyone else is a TA club. Doesn't Thusc have any papers for you to file? You sure spend a lot of time on here for someone who supposedly works for a club.

Comment

The TA were the only teams in OYSA and now, OYSA survived. So it appears that they not only won, but everyone else is a TA club. Doesn't Thusc have any papers for you to file? You sure spend a lot of time on here for someone who supposedly works for a club.
            Alliance thinks they've "won" but all that's really happened is the name of the league has changed and all the best players have moved to FCP / THUSC / Crossfire. So who really "won"?

Comment

Alliance thinks they've "won" but all that's really happened is the name of the league has changed and all the best players have moved to FCP / THUSC / Crossfire. So who really "won"?
              Not sure why OPL has to fold. They are sure to keep enough teams to keep it going. Might not be as big, but who cares. If my B team does not have to travel down to Medford to play a stupid league game, then I will stay at OPL. And I do not care about OPL, OYSA. I just don't want the travel for league games. That is what tournaments are for.

Comment

Again, are things so slow in the Thusc office that you have time to post here all day long?

Comment

Not sure why OPL has to fold. They are sure to keep enough teams to keep it going. Might not be as big, but who cares. If my B team does not have to travel down to Medford to play a stupid league game, then I will stay at OPL. And I do not care about OPL, OYSA. I just don't want the travel for league games. That is what tournaments are for.
                  they have a place for players that don't want to travel its called Recreational soccer

Comment

they have a place for players that don't want to travel its called Recreational soccer
                    Ha ha. Well played.

Comment

Ha ha. Well played.
                      yes - but yet another example of the snide attitude that people hate when it comes to "my kid is better than your kid" crap.

and before you slam me, I have done nothing but travel for the past 5 years. FWRL, NWCL, OYSA Regionals, Southern Cal, Seattle, Nevada - all over - so I get the fact that competitive = travel. But you don't have to be an ass about it.

Comment

yes - but yet another example of the snide attitude that people hate when it comes to "my kid is better than your kid" crap.

and before you slam me, I have done nothing but travel for the past 5 years. FWRL, NWCL, OYSA Regionals, Southern Cal, Seattle, Nevada - all over - so I get the fact that competitive = travel. But you don't have to be an ass about it.
                        Don't hurt yourself patting yourself on the back.

Comment

Is that what they call "Timbers Alliance"?

Comment

Don't hurt yourself patting yourself on the back.
                            No patting, just making the point that I am not the parent who takes issue with traveling. Just that I take issue with people having to act like those of us who DO travel are somehow better people than those who don't.

Much nicer ways to explain that if you sign your child up to play club soccer, you should expect to travel. If you prefer not to travel, you should probably consider having your child play with a rec program.

see? no snide comments, no need to be an ass.

Comment

Again, are things so slow in the Thusc office that you have time to post here all day long?
                              You are very focused on THUSC. Did they cut your kid or something? You keep bringing them up.

Comment

If you are at that level, then yes, go travel. But 90% of these teams are not at that level. No need to travel. If their goal is to have no one left in the sport past u14, then yes, make third and 4th tier teams travel all over.

Comment

Previously entered content was automatically saved. Restore or Discard.
                                Auto-Saved
                                x
                                Insert: Thumbnail Small Medium Large Fullsize Remove  
                                x
                                Working...
                                X